Media Madness Begins

• Media madness begins today everyone. Top 5 places paid out as 5,3,1,1,1 and remember the deadline has changed to 8pm for new shares bought being able to qualify towards winning dividends on the day.

We've had treble media for about a month now and some big winners have emerged:

Sancho 64p
    Bruno Fernandes 60p
    Pogba 58p
    Ighalo 30p
    Messi 26p
    Kane 24p
    Ronaldo 22p
    Rashford 22p
    Neymar 22p
    Grealish 20p

I'm guessing the domination of media madness is likely to come from that list... However, there are some players out there who are consistently up there and will benefit from the extra places (imagine the likes of Veratti if PB paid 5 places)

Who are peoples picks as those dark horses?

Does anyone think another dominator not on the top 10 list above is going to emerge during media madness?

It's another very generous promotion... But also bare in mind MB isn't the only game in town. Talks of football resuming behind closed doors are already surfacing, with several leagues adamant the season must finish. On that note PB players are beginning to bounce back.

Who is avoiding MB altogether and getting in early on PB?

Does anyone else feel like you can't really go wrong either way at the moment?

πŸš€ πŸš€ πŸš€

• Vesp
    Cover all bases πŸ˜‰
    Think all big β€˜fish’ have loaded up already though (EJ) etc ?

• Not a dark horse as he's been on the fringes anyway but Coutinho is the obvious one with speculation about where he'll end up with the EPL looking likely.

• @Vespasian32

Post DB I reckon a small dip in PB only players. Not huge because IS off the table but defo reckon period of stagnation whilst MB players continue to flourish. No footy early may now so probably looking at June at the earliest. Obviously theres something to be said for getting in early though.

During Media Madness I'll stick my neck out and say Harry Kane will feature in the top 5 every day.

If it's dark horses you want then i reckon my old favourite Cesc will snatch a few pence over the period. Less of a dark horse but comparitively cheap still is Antoine Griezmann

• @MickTurbo Cesc is a prick... I'll attack him on Twitter for you.. If he replies he will win MB. 🀣

• Willian has featured every day for the last month. Typically just 20-40 pts from one or two stories... But I noticed he did come 5th a few times and 6th a couple. Hoping he builds up some steam as looks like Chelsea will release him on free.

Im also on Gotze... He had the one top 5 finish with links to Everton. Another free transfer who should have a couple days if not more of MB as the links build.

Anymore contract issues that will hit MB?

A few mentions already for that Β£1.50-3.50 market and I agree but don't own. Coutinho, Bale, Zaha, Griezman, Dembele should all feature a few times.

• @Vespasian32 lallana could be a dark horse for some mb, with his contract due to expire theres bound to be some rumours circulating

• @Vespasian32 Griezman is reliant on the Neymar developments, will be pulled along each time a swap is mentioned.

• @Vespasian32 said in Media Madness Begins:

We've had treble media for about a month now and some big winners have emerged:

Sancho 64p
    Bruno Fernandes 60p
    Pogba 58p
    Ighalo 30p
    Messi 26p
    Kane 24p
    Ronaldo 22p
    Rashford 22p
    Neymar 22p
    Grealish 20p

πŸš€ πŸš€ πŸš€

Remember when people used to say Sancho was a poor hold because he didn't win dividends?!

Go Jadon! πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

• @Vespasian32 much obliged πŸ˜‚

• Countinho
    Werner
    Bale
    Laurato Martinez
    Lovern

Could see these players racking up a few 1p wins over April, I wouldn't be buying these players just for MB but it's a nice bonus on top of the 8% if your looking to hold any of the above medium term.

• @Ddr good shout.

• @Boris999 still a phoney King... But this extreme event has played hugely in his favour! hes going to win a lot of divs and hit a crazy price (already has!)

• Griezmann would be my pick. If a few of the outlets would use his full name instead of just Griezmann, he’ll get a lot/almost the same mentions as Neymar regarding their rumoured swap deal.

• I think the Ox has become the forgotten gem on FI and in the real world. When he has played he has shown to be one of England’s top talents and in terms of FI a top PB player. He could become a top MB hold too if he starts playing more regularly the only thing going against him is that his name isnt MB friendly for getting picked up

• @MickTurbo started gently... This video he posted was hilarious... Shouting good morning to his neighborhood and just one lone voice replies 'f... Off'

0_1585995481182_Screenshot_20200404-111703.png

• @Vespasian32 you are a legend πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @Vespasian32 yeah would be a 1.5% return for every penny earnt at his current price plus you're likely to get some cap app with any rumours

• I'm sticking with MB only for now. I can't see any PB football returning until June at the absolute earliest so think we have 2 months of media as a minimum.

My concern with pure PB holds is that they won't generate any dividends at the moment and could have a dip again with any announcement of further postponements. I'd rather stick to MB and compound the dividends but would agree there is value all over the place at the moment. If you're happy to buy PB and sit tight then 6 months from now you're likely to be looking good for it.

My other reason for buying MB is that with further postponements likely, I think FI will pull out some other promotion to boost the market. It's what they always do. The initial 5 place media madness was introduced with the promise they would review 24 April. I take it to mean they'll extend 5 places as a minimum if they need to, but if they can further incentivise investment then they will.

• @Yellow agree with all of that although I will be putting all my dividends into players who are not necessarily media magnets but are players I'll be very happy to hold long term. I've started with the more expensive ones. Rodrygo is getting all my dividends and since I like to hold in 3/4/500's and am not a whale, theres every chance I'll be stuck topping up Rodrygo right throughout the Media Madness. If I get past him onto somebody else then great, but if I am able to build a good hold in a player like him purely through MM dividends then ill be very happy. I'll then look to re-construct my port for actual football with the head start of one big hold in the bag