Do I sell messi and Ronald???

• I have 140 shares in cr7 and 100 shares in messi and I am thinking of selling but not sure.
    Firstly, do we think both of them increase in value the closer we get to football or not. As they have both done pretty well for mb in this period of no football and I expect them both in to do pretty well with 5 places being paid out.
    I have a few young eaters in mind to get on but any other cheap players around a pound reccomendation appreciated. All opinions welcomed.

• @Jdog tricky one. If the ‘media top 5’ runs up to July/August/September as some have speculated, both Messi and Ronaldo are strong every day contenders. I personally don’t hold either, but have reconsidered investing in both once again. My advice, focus your portfolio on MB players for the next few months and harvest your winnings back into lower end priced players once we have an official word on football fixtures resuming. All the best with your decisions 👍🏼

• @Sol I sold 100 neymars earlier as he had a spike but I still hold 200. So instead of reinvesting that 870 into malang sarr and other youngsters I was looking at. You would suggest investing in some relatively cheap mb players so maybe get some more Ronaldo or potentially griezmann. I was thinking of buying neuhas but u think it’s best to go for mb players not them sort of youngsters

• McDonald ??

• @nicky540 ???

• @Jdog Ronaldo and Griezmann are both good holds for this time period. I personally would have kept hold of your Neymar futures as I feel that along with Pogba and Sancho, he will generate the most MB dividends over the next few months. Just to be transparent, I hold all three and I’m not ‘pumping’, just offering my opinion on the strongest holds over the next 3 months. 👍🏼

• @Jdog It's difficult to say tbh. Prices in a lot of potential PB players are lower than they were a month or two ago so it's tempting to dip into them but, with no football for at least 2 months, there's not much point if their prices are more likely to drop further than rise.
    Money is in the MB players, obviously, and Ronaldo (or Ronald as you have in your title, thus Nicky's 'joke') has been in the top 3 six times in the past 12 days.
    If people weren't so scared of his age, and rightly so to an extent, he'd be closer to double his current price.

• @Sol I have around an 11k port and had 300 neymar shares and sold 100 as I feel there is value elsewhere in the market rn. I still hold 200 shares and still believe he will earn a great amount of divs.
    So out of the mb players say under 4 quid do we think cr7 or griezmann are the best shouts? I basically have 900 to spend and I’m thinking of getting on a cheaper ish media player as I can off get more shares. Opinions on who get welcomed. Also off always best to sell on the spike I.e why I sold neymar.

• @Jdog said in Do I sell messi and Ronald???:

cr7 or griezmann are the best shouts?

Griezmann is the safer longer term bet as likely to be involved in any Neymar PSG/Barca deal, which will be potentially good for MB in the short term but far better for his PB prospects should it happen. He would rip up that French league & have a good few years of solid dividends left in him, so any exit should be relatively easy on performance spikes.

CR7 looks on the wane PBwise & given his age there's going to be a very large queue of sellers in the not too distant future, so timing any exit is going to leave some holding the brown, smelly end of the stick. Might win more MB in the next few weeks than Griezmann but precariously close to a cliff edge pricewise IMHO.

• I think Ronaldo is decent value for the time being and I hold him at the moment. His MB returns are consistently good and he will have a favourable yield throughout the next couple of months. There is some loose talk of Juventus having cash problems and a potential return to Man U. 99% likely to be complete rubbish but he will attract those types of story.

• @Yellow do we think ronaldo will be relatively easy to shift? I don’t see why his price will go down too soon tbh it’s not like people don’t know he’s old. Tbh I’m thinking griezmann could be a good one but do we think he is likely to go to PSG? I would love him at PSG tbh as I agree he would dominate.

@Yellow do we think ronaldo will be relatively easy to shift? I don’t see why his price will go down too soon tbh it’s not like people don’t know he’s old. Tbh I’m thinking griezmann could be a good one but do we think he is likely to go to PSG? I would love him at PSG tbh as I agree he would dominate.

Yes I think Ronny will be easy enough to shift, as long as you pick your moment. Depends when you want out of him and just don't be greedy. If football comes back in a few months then he'll be scoring goals behind closed doors. If it doesn't come back in a few months then he'll keep picking up easy MB and there should be a steady stream of buys and sells.

That's the way I look at it anyway.

• @NewUser159387 why would people be rushing to sell when he’s likely to be playing for another 2 or 3 years at the top level. I don’t think he is amazing for on but he is pretty good as anyone who has games where he scores 2 or 3 goals frequently will always challenge for pb. Guess who’s jumped to 5th right now. Cr7

• @NewUser159387 I agree griezmann is a good shout at his current price good for potential mb and also great for pb for France ofc. I’m thinking of going 200 shares in griezyyyy and 100 in cr7

why would people be rushing to sell when he’s likely to be playing for another 2 or 3 years at the top level.

Seems perfectly plausible that Juve might want to trim their wage bill given the current uncertainty & might see moving CR7 on as a large part of that solution. Inter Miami might be an attractive destination for everyone involved, what would he be worth playing there?

I personally wouldn't buy a 35 year old for £3+ on the basis of he might win a few MB's over the next few days or weeks but if you really believe he will be playing (& winning dividends) in a PB league for the next 2/3 seasons then fair enough, I just don't believe that will be likely.

• If your really want to sell to reinvest why not just sell half of each?. I hold both and personally won't be selling for a while but it needs to timed right later down the line given their age ect.

• @NewUser159387 don't forget r7 still has the euros to come, I don't think he would want to go somewhere like inter Miami before that's happened

do we think ronaldo will be relatively easy to shift?

I market sold mine a couple of months ago took about 3/4 weeks to get to the front of the queue & coincided with him winning PB (or coming really close, can't quite remember). IS currently looks a non starter so you will rely solely on MS for an exit, looks a high risk strategy to me.

• @Jamiearsenal93

Possibly but I don't think it would affect him being in the Portugal squad, given it seems to built around him & it would likely be his last International hurrah.

The financial fall out of this CV is likely to be significant & possible further loss of revenue from behind closed doors games & no CL might force Juve's hand & moving CR7 would allow them to keep other valuable assets like Dybala, that may no longer have buyers, due to everyone tightening their belt regarding big money transfers.

• Get more money to put in the index. Keep both. Make lots of money.