Pierre Emile Hojbjerg

• I recently purchased 110 shares in hojbjerg for £0.65. Was this a good deal.

• I held him for ages (about a year) and eventually sold for a small profit as he wasn't really doing much in terms of price, and was becoming quite frustrating.

I've rebought this week as I identified him as one of the main COVID droppers so I think there should be growth again.

• Contract expires next year. Spurs and Arsenal links in recent weeks. For Southampton the next window would be the best to cash in their prized asset. Looks a good bet at his current price.

• @Dalian-Smith I am very confident if you ask any saints fan they would not consider Hoj to be our 'prized' asset. He's not even our best midfielder let alone our best player. There is a chance that either spurs or arsenal will take a punt, which probably is a reflection on their respective ambitions. He is a solid premier league player who can not pass for toffee, has a decent engine and has left dents in the stands from his shots.

A move would probably give him a 20p or so rise. That's a decent roi, but may be a slow burner. Unless a stupid offer comes in, I highly doubt we will sell him before we have a replacement lined up (although we can be very dumb)

• @Dr-Jan-Itor He's a prized asset in that he's coveted by bigger clubs. Given his contract suituation at 65p looks a decent punt for a potential 30% plus ROI in next coming months.
    A replacement isn't an issue for me given this deal is going to happen in the transfer window. Plenty of time for Saints to line someone up.

• @NewUser464517 said in Pierre Emile Hojbjerg:

I recently purchased 110 shares in hojbjerg for £0.65. Was this a good deal.

I know prices have dipped with there being no football but that's a hell of a bargain 😉

• Yep agree with the potential Roi. One other thing to consider. In all honesty I wouldn't rule out him signing a new contract. He actually hasn't said anything publicly about wanting to go (or at least not that I'm aware of). I'm sure he's interested in moving otherwise he would have signed a new contract. But if nobody makes that bid for him, then I don't think he's so unhappy that he wouldn't stay longer. He realyl isn't quite good enough for spurs and arsenal. Him and his agent are probably testing the waters

• @Dr-Jan-Itor At 25 years old he's midway through his career. If he's got any ambition it's likely to be now or never for him. The fact he's not signed a contract after being offered an extension would indicate to me he has got ambition beyond Southampton. We've been here though with Cedric Soares(I made some money with his suituation). I don't think there would have been many saints fans seeing him go to Arsenal. Players at Southampton traditionally seem to want to test themselves at a higher level.

• @Dalian-Smith Cedric was a surprise I grant you, though significant difference is that for about 2 seasons he made it clear he wanted to leave. He had 6 months on his contract as well. We aren't getting any of that from Hojberg, is club captain and by all accounts enjoys playing here. He would be considerably more expensive then Cedric as well.

I'm not ruling it out that he goes to arsenal or spurs, surprise transfers happen for sure. But that he isn't quite at that level and there is a real chance he signs a new contract if no offers come in. Not all of our players get the move they want. Look at lemina. He decided that he was ready to move to a bigger club. How did that pan out? Unlike lemina i doubt Hoj will throw toys out of the pram.

• He's had his head turned or else he would have signed a contract extension for me. Makes him very investable from an FI prospective.

Lemina though. Great player. Ready made replacement for Hoj. I'd even go so far as to say a better player if can bring his A game consistently. He looks interesting at 47p. I wonder what his next move will be in the close season....🤔

• @Dalian-Smith sorry are we talking about an average saints player or messi, with the serious pumping of a bang average player it seems a little desperate. He would be a squad player at both mentioned teams at best

• @MUFC said in Pierre Emile Hojbjerg:

@Dalian-Smith sorry are we talking about an average saints player or messi, with the serious pumping of a bang average player it seems a little desperate. He would be a squad player at both mentioned teams at best

I dont see anyone here trying to make out he is worth £4.87 tbf

• @MUFC Ye I've been clear in this post I'd be projecting a rise to 90p+. It's a short to medium term investment at the lower end of the market. I've not indicated he was going to be a premium hold. It's not all about finding the next Messi sometimes. There's money to be made finding the next fabinho.

• I remember him shooting up in value after being linked to Spurs in the last window, not seen any links to Arsenal. To be honest as an Arsenal fan I'd rather we spent the money elsewhere. Not sure what PB scores he normally posts but from an IPD perspective he seems pretty poor. 4 goals and 3 assists in 4 seasons.

• He's not a pb or ipd investment at this time (is anybody for the next few months?) I've identified a player who has shown signs he's up for moving and bigger clubs are reportedly interested. Here's an indicator of potential growth in a player who moves from Southampton to Arsenal. Cedric Soares wasn't pulling up any trees at the time but he had significant spike for those who got on pre the interest.
    0_1586169827688_Screenshot_20200406-113856.png

• Completely agree with you here, I’ve jumped on Hojbjerg at 0.66p only wish I’d thought of it sooner. No he’s not going to pick up MB or PB but short term I see a 40-50% ROI if you get in now. He won’t be staying at Southampton.

• 0_1589552958084_Screenshot_20200515-152704.png

• @Dalian-Smyth said in Pierre Emile Hojbjerg:

@MUFC Ye I've been clear in this post I'd be projecting a rise to 90p+. It's a short to medium term investment at the lower end of the market. I've not indicated he was going to be a premium hold. It's not all about finding the next Messi sometimes. There's money to be made finding the next fabinho.

Good to see despite all the Covid turmoil that one player is showing good consistent rises. 86p to press. 65p when this post started.Only 4p short of my best guess. Every reason to suggest he'll smash 90p soon. Hassenhutl has relieved him of the captaincy over his refusal to sign a contract. A move is a very big possibility.

• @Dalian-Smyth said in Pierre Emile Hojbjerg:

@Dalian-Smyth said in Pierre Emile Hojbjerg:

@MUFC Ye I've been clear in this post I'd be projecting a rise to 90p+. It's a short to medium term investment at the lower end of the market. I've not indicated he was going to be a premium hold. It's not all about finding the next Messi sometimes. There's money to be made finding the next fabinho.

Good to see despite all the Covid turmoil that one player is showing good consistent rises. 86p to press. 65p when this post started.Only 4p short of my best guess. Every reason to suggest he'll smash 90p soon. Hassenhutl has relieved him of the captaincy over his refusal to sign a contract. A move is a very big possibility.

With the right move he could really kick on plus he’ll be at the Euros. He’d be great for Everton and I actually think he’d be a shrewd signing for Arsenal too. Linked too Spurs aswel but lots of competition in that midfield.

• I got 85 at 80p and will continue to try and buy at that price.

Solid player for country too, Spurs looking like his next home.