FI related time platforms

• A little off topic as always I’ll always stick with fi but is there anything like this platform as in rugby boxing MMA type of thing to explore ? Or have FI ever hinted at similar platform with a different sport

• May be wrong but weren’t they (FI) thinking about a tennis index at some point in the past.

• @CJ0101 they were talking bout it cause Adam Cole is a huge Tennis fan

• They've mentioned it several times, and Adam Cole said towards the end of 2018 iirc that TennisIndex would be here by end of 2019. Mercifully, seems this has been quietly shelved.

I believe they may still harbour ambitions to launch other American orientated sports in the US, but I wouldn't get too excited about that anytime soon.

• @Keegans-Bluff Baseball could work very well but it would be difficult to get an edge in Europe unless it's only Europeans then I can retire from my job lol. You would have to watch minor leagues and Japan and Mexico it would be a lot of work.

American football definitely wouldn't work. One big hit by a 6 foot 7 inch 250 lbs player and your 5000 investment on a hot prospect running back could be worthless in seconds lol. Then there's the players who beat their family or even shoot themselves or others because of CTE etc. A domestic violence charge is a lifelong ban and it happens a few times a season.

Hockey I don't know either, I seen a goalkeeper get an artery in his neck sliced by a sliding player.

• They mentioned other index in a podcast saying it will happen but football index will always be their baby. The name of the parent company itself is index labs as they plan to branch into various sports but id say their management is a long way of being able to handle multiple platforms and football index has a long way to go by means of expansion

• The first person who manages to navigate India's gambling laws and launches Cricket Index there will be a billionaire overnight.

*Note for whoever does this, I want my cut for the idea ;)

• Did I read somewhere that it was originally going to be 'celebrity index' that could work based on media alone.

• @Chickenman said in FI related time platforms:

Did I read somewhere that it was originally going to be 'celebrity index' that could work based on media alone.

Yeah if they ever do that ive already thought it out and im just going buy a load of Rhiana. She may not be about as much just now but when she is she always has about 5 songs in the charts at once, the media love her and every song she writes is a hit, love her or hate her shes the Neymar of the music industry

• @Black-wolf I think we sheeran would have something to say about that.... 🤣

• @Dan-w said in FI related time platforms:

@Black-wolf I think we sheeran would have something to say about that.... 🤣

Hes Messi. Good performances and media like him but not very controversial. More a role model type 🤣

• I'd probably invest in a cricket index like