Changes to Game Rules

• Following the latest email, I thought we could post any interesting changes to the Game Rules here.

One I’ve noticed is the list of occasions where FI can remove a player from the platform now includes: where a footballer becomes a player-manager; and, where a footballer is sentenced to prison. Once removed, all bets are lost immediately.

I can think of one or two players this could affect, if FI actually act on this!

• I think the removal of credit card deposits on 13 April 2020, may cause a few to make some last minute deposits over the coming days.

It's not for me personally, but I have heard of a few folk on the forum that mentioned using credit cards for the Index. 🤔

• @johnboywalker I think all gambling companies are doing this with credit cards?
    Not sure if a new law is/has come in regarding responsible gambling.

• @Neil2265 said in Changes to Game Rules:

@johnboywalker I think all gambling companies are doing this with credit cards?
    Not sure if a new law is/has come in regarding responsible gambling.

yes its a new regulation

• Delighted they’ve changed the rule about taking players off the platform from “no PB qualifying games for a year” to “no competitive football for a year”.

Means they can now remove Crouch, Cahill etc without also having to remove every Championshp player, Dutch league player etc.

• They didnt follow the old rules anyway... Is this a hint they are now going to enforce some rules? Or is it just a tick box job done for another few years.

E. G. The no pb games in a year rule lol... Loads of players should have been removed

The retired player rule use to say removed after the day he retires, and the updated rules say 48hours... Crouch, Cech, Cahill,...

• With the player manager rule does anyone see this affecting Rooney as a player coach. It will be hard to define a clear retirement with players like him as he slowly merges in to the coaching staff

• Personally think Rooney is a huge gamble anyway, as a player coach he could easily retire at any moment anyway.

• @Tom77 same. I dont hold him i just thought its worth noting as under those rules they have set out they could actually say he is currently ineligible dividends. I doubt they would but it has added to the risk of holding a player in his situation

• @Black-wolf the sooner he goes the better... Seems a little unfair having a columnist winning mb! As well as the added interviews for being a coach etc. Great for FI tho... Hes such a risk his price won't go up a lot... So when he does win MB its low payouts.

• @Vespasian32 He's not for me but realistically every Sunday and Monday he will feature in the MB standings due to his column. If we think football doesn't start again until June then his returns should be pretty healthy, albeit with the caveat that selling him will be challenging afterwards.

• In true FI style I had the email informing me of the changes 18 hours after I had to accept them to get access to my portfolio. There is no way I'm having much money in the Index when order books come into play.

• @LittleFish What's your concern regarding order books as it just makes the platform more efficient

• @johnboywalker So are they still accepting debit cards

• @Karl my concern is FI managing the process all be it via a third party supplier. IT and FI don't have a good track record. Plus want to see how it pans out without concern for my £30k.

• I don't see how the introduction of order books will affect anyone's account other than making it more efficient to buy and sell..I suppose we will find out when they introduce it but still no sign of it being implemented, but I am sure there will be teething problems once launched but no big deal..

I only have 15K in my account but plan on investing heavily over the coming years and am happy to ride the volatility along the way..its only money that you can lose and when we leave this planet we cant bring it with us so best to enjoy the ride..

Best of luck in your trading

• @LittleFish i get that. I dont have as much as you in here but i dont trust FI to get it right. Players values will either rocket or plummet on its implementation and im not sure i will take the risk. I may sit with a cash balance and watch from afar to begin with. If FI gets its introduction spot on then prices shouldnt be affected just the way we trade but I seriously doubt they will get it right to begin with

• @Black-wolf my thoughts too. However, if implemented during this lockdown period no choice but to have my money involved. I think that would be a very unwise from FI. Need to get back to normal football and fluidity before more change.

• @Black-wolf said in Changes to Game Rules:

@LittleFish i get that. I dont have as much as you in here but i dont trust FI to get it right. Players values will either rocket or plummet on its implementation and im not sure i will take the risk. I may sit with a cash balance and watch from afar to begin with. If FI gets its introduction spot on then prices shouldnt be affected just the way we trade but I seriously doubt they will get it right to begin with

Everyone said the same about the share split, but that went absolutely perfectly. To be fair, for big changes FI tends to get it right - they know they have to.

It's all the little issues they constantly screw up.