Question regarding Market Selling

• Could someone please explain how many shares it takes to move a player by 1p?

I have a player I’m trying to market sell (I won’t say his name or his correct price). The only factual thing is that I have 350 futures of said player. I put him up for sale at 60p and he has now risen to 61p. Being new to FI I assumed that because that players price had moved by a penny all my futures should have been sold, but I still have 350 futures sitting in the queue with zero sold.

That doesn’t make sense to me. Can someone help me out as to why this happens? And is it possible for his price to maybe go up to 62p and still none of my futures sell?

Thanks in advance.

• @JonesyFI-WH at that price 900 is the best guess

• @JonesyFI-WH additionally people in listing will increase his price it’s not just sales

• Also you have no idea how many shares were in the queue before you listed yours. Let’s say there were 3000 shares (hypothetically) in the queue when you listed your 350 shares, if it rose to 62p just from people buying the player you still wouldn’t have sold your shares yet.

• @JonesyFI-WH I would imagine that it depends on value as to how much money needs to go in to a player before a penny increase occurs, ie it would take a lot more to increase the price of a £5.00 player by a penny than it would a £1.00 player.

From what I have learned I believe that players go down in value if a lot of people put them up for market sale.

Seems to me that there is a bit of a queue for your player but people are buying otherwise his value would not go up.

Maybe the older wiser traders could verify my understanding.

• Yours are just in the queue mate, if the price is rising they wont take long though... its like if i pulled up at asda at 11am and my mate was 3 people back in the queue, i then join the back of a 20 person queue but there is a steady flow of people exiting the shop, hes still gonna be in the shop before i get in.

• You will be in the queue, remember people removing themselves from the sell queue has the same effect without any shares being bought or sold.

If you watch pogba for example - has fallen 50p in last week. People are not IS’ing him they are adding to the sell queue. If he wins a media day, or looks like he is going to - he will shoot up - not with buyers but with people de listing. In that scenario he could shoot back up 50p potentially without the first person in the sell queue selling any.

• @JonesyFI-WH

There was a big queue ahead of you and those shares being listed had already dropped his price. Traders change their mind and remove their shares from the queue, this then increases the price and moves you up the queue. This is why the sell prices increases as you wait in the queue.

• Thanks all for your explanations. Much appreciated.