Pogba sell off?

• Am I missing the reason for the Pogba sell off? Surely only a matter of time before hes in the news again, prior to the transfer market and the media bonus isn't going away any time soon.

• A ton of soft money went into him on his latest spike in the middle of last month, about the time it became clear MB was gonna be the only game in town for quite some time. He became a hugely obvious opportunity for a quick flip. That spike came in 2 separate goes.

He went from around £6 to £7.40 literally overnight, then plateaued at about £7.20 before hitting about £8.40 a day later. He was up over £2 in 48 hours.

He did deliver a decent little run of MB but hes gone quiet again so people are wanting out. Short sighted. With Pog you either sell the spike or you just hold. You buy cos hes an MB machine at times then you list when hes not winning, only to unlist when he threatens a win. Its queer behaviour. The Germans probably have a word for it.

He needs to start delivering MB and the unlisting will happen fast. His MB scores are quite underwhelming which is all most people care about but when you actually look at the stories there seems to be some reason for optimism

• I agree with mick but also no one is actually selling it’s simply listing

• Troubling times for media types but good news I'm hearing from Bundesliga is that all the teams are back in training with a hope for closed door football in May.🤞 Some pb football at last maybe.

• People should sell the spike like @MickTurbo suggested.

It's what the clever people do.

• I think some older traders have sold and are selling due to 3/4 year bets expiring, some very large holding of him out there.
    Think his price will start going back up at some point easily.

• @MickTurbo said in Pogba sell off?:

A ton of soft money went into him on his latest spike in the middle of last month, about the time it became clear MB was gonna be the only game in town for quite some time. He became a hugely obvious opportunity for a quick flip. That spike came in 2 separate goes.

He went from around £6 to £7.40 literally overnight, then plateaued at about £7.20 before hitting about £8.40 a day later. He was up over £2 in 48 hours.

He did deliver a decent little run of MB but hes gone quiet again so people are wanting out. Short sighted. With Pog you either sell the spike or you just hold. You buy cos hes an MB machine at times then you list when hes not winning, only to unlist when he threatens a win. Its queer behaviour. The Germans probably have a word for it.

He needs to start delivering MB and the unlisting will happen fast. His MB scores are quite underwhelming which is all most people care about but when you actually look at the stories there seems to be some reason for optimism

Exactly this ^
    Soft money and new money that don't understand when to sell or how long to hold for a yield.

He's a key cog in my port, I don't care what price he is unless he goes crazy low for a top up. He's always going to have mb pull and a move to an easier lg will boost his pb, a stay will keep the mb coming and his pb is decent at utd anyway.

Euro 21
    Wcup 22

I'll have to sell at Wcup as shares will be expiring. Very confident he will be worth more than I paid and may have paid himself off in dividends by then anyway.

• @Westy that’s a key thing for me too and very similar to what we had in October with the anti Pogba talk on here.

For me I’m now on 77p return in divs after 6 months, I’m of the opinion media opens up and he still has appeal; even if it doesn’t or he doesn’t with general market growth due to his age I see his price rising in line with the market over 3 years therefore whilst I might not make a massive ROI in terms of CA his divs will earn me what I’d like.

I know the counter argument will always be you can make more with the cash elsewhere and if that’s the type of trader you are fair play to you; I’m not and I’ll settle for a decent div ROI over the next 3 years.

• @Sav2000 what price do you see Pogba at say he joined Juventus? Or Real Madrid out of interest?

• @Ericali I don't agree that is the best course of action for everyone to sell at the spike. If you've invested during this period of enhanced media dividends. You should stay true to your original reason for buying. Pogba is hardly one for a quick flip with the commission. Not smart. There's every reason to continue picking up mb with transfer windows and international competitions in the offing. I'd advise taking a long term view.👍

• @ChazFI123 if it happens, juve £5 Real £5.50 PSG £6 after the initial drop and recovery. But then he’ll grow in line with market growth so over 3 years I see him easily being over my buy price and the divs are then my profit.

Whilst I accept that’s not what a lot of gambler will want to do I’ve never been a gambler I purely look at the 3 year profit he might bring.

77p divs in 8 months To date so let’s say 90p a year (likely to be higher with div increases etc) he’d be a PB player are any of those 3 more so than Utd which would off set potential media div drop.

• @Sav2000, I think Pogba going to PSG would be great for his price personally.

Farmers league, winning every week, great PB (main competition Di Maria, although Neymar would still be on every set piece). Maybe the MB still comes too, not as much, but is still there to monitor his every move on and off the pitch. Euro 21, WC 22.

If neymar leaves (dont think he will this summer, but always a possibility), and Pogbas at PSG, I think his price goes higher.

As for Juve and RM, Id reckon around the 5-6 quid mark tops, and if the PB/MB dries up, then who knows what the price would come down to.

• @ChazFI123 said in Pogba sell off?:

@Sav2000 what price do you see Pogba at say he joined Juventus? Or Real Madrid out of interest?

Personally i think its impossible to gauge players prices based on transfers at the moment as market is so stretched plus the big changes regarding order books and expansion into new territories. Basically any price predictions made are personal and cant take into consideration market growth or future market developments.

The only thing we can try to predict is what a players price will do next, will it go up or down

• @Black-wolf I agree completely with that. My views are what I have based my risk appetite on, what I was trying to get across is I’m happy to hold until until just before the 2022 World Cup which will be my 3 years.

• 97p in divs this season and has only played 7 games not many players can do that.

• @Sav2000 i wish i currently had Pogba in my portfolio but whenever i do have him im one of those twitchy holders as he makes me nervous. For me i need to have total confidence in a hold for it to be a good hold but that doesnt mean i dont think he is a good hold for someone else.

• @Black-wolf I bought Pogba about 6 weeks ago seeing the long break from football and the natural flow of MBs that follow him incessantly. I'm also twitchy, been up to £8.32 and just as quickly loses 80p but in the six weeks he's delivered good returns and can't see how that will change before, during and after this season.

My current problem is WFH means I'm constantly at the index and seeing the moves, then questioning my original decision making. I'm looking forward to normal life again, travel back into my working life, football back on the green stuff and playing the longer game, the original reason why I started...