River Plate: 48
    Bayer Leverkusen: 4

Argentina National Team

Under - Apps
    U17: 10
    U20: 3
    Main: 4

River Plate

Palacios has come through the ranks at River Plate, he made his league debut on 8th November 2015 against Newells old boys. Palacios made his final appearance for his boyhood club in the final of the Copa Argentina on the 13th December 2019, playing 79 minutes in a 3-0 win over Central Córdoba.

Bayer Leverkusen

On 16th December 2019, Bayer Leverkusen announced that Exequiel Palacios would join the club on 1st January 2020, signing a five an a half year deal for a fee of €22 million.

He made his debut in the DFB Pokal competition on the 5th February 2020 against Stuttgart in a 2-1 win where he played the full 90 minutes. His league debut came on 23rd February 2020 Augsburg where they won 2-0, again he played 90 minutes.

Argentina

Palacios made his debut for Argentina on 8th September 2018 in a 3-0 win against Guatemala since then he has 4 caps in total.

Strengths

• Passing
    • Vision
    • Determination
    • Intercepting
    • Tactical intelligence
    • Eye for goal
    • Technically gifted
    • Pace
    • Positional sense

Style

• Loves to play through balls
    • Effective late runs into the opposite box
    • Barely takes more than 2 touches
    • box to box midfielder
    • Great awareness of getting other players involved

Rudi Völler - Leverkusen Managing Director for sport

“Exequiel Palacios is technically gifted midfielder with an eye for goal and the ability to play in his teammates. He’s very well suited to our team and our playing style”

Simon Rolfes - Leverkusen sporting director

“We’ve watched Palacios for a long time and his really impressed us, despite his young age his already achieved a great deal and in addition to his footballing qualities. He’s got terrific mentality”

My comments

Very talented an gifted player we got here, I watched his match for River Plate v Flamengo in the Copa Libertadores 2019 Final. He played really well considering the hot conditions that day, he has a quality first touch an a good engine. Leverkusen have paid a lot to get this boy over but his destined for big things an if the Internet is right Real Madrid were really close on getting palacios but that could be Internet rumours but all in all his a quality player that can handle first team action on the Big stage an is even an international now.

YouTube links

Thank you FI community I hope you found this Player Cam Profile very useful.

Dav

• @Dav he sounds like one of Harry Potter's spells! seriously though good work.

• What's your take on his PB performance this season and how do you see his PB performances in the future? Is he going to be a good PB hold?

• @9stevo

Lol 😂

• @DW said in Exequiel Palacios:

What's your take on his PB performance this season and how do you see his PB performances in the future? Is he going to be a good PB hold?

Think his average score is around 100 which is not bad considering his only just joined in January, I think he’ll hit some decent scores next season or when football returns, his young so he will get up an down on that pitch an get some goals too. I’m excited by Palacios

• @Dav bit higher than that- but such a small sample size. Pretty sure he scored 195 on his debut but then didn't play too much after that, so was concerned about playing time. However looking into next season, don't know if I want to miss out on such pb and age potential

• @Notanyoldnewuser said in Exequiel Palacios:

@Dav bit higher than that- but such a small sample size. Pretty sure he scored 195 on his debut but then didn't play too much after that, so was concerned about playing time. However looking into next season, don't know if I want to miss out on such pb and age potential

How do you check what scores he got?

• @Dav as in individual scores rather than the averages the FI site gives you? Not sure just remember.

• @Dav Create a free account at Footy index scout and you can see players PB scores

• @LampardCulture said in Exequiel Palacios:

@Dav Create a free account at Footy index scout and you can see players PB scores

Wow. Thank you very much I’ll do that now 👍🏼