Problems accessing the forum via Desktop

• I had a windows upgrade last night which screwed up my internet . Having now fixed it, when i try to log into the forum it no longer accepts my login . I have tried resetting my password but no email is forthcoming.

I contacted the online chat facility and they came back with what im assuming is a generic bullshit response saying its a known issue that traders are having problems logging into the forum via certail devices.

Anyone having issues logging via a desktop/laptop?

• its fixed itself for me atm but i did have problems for no apparent reason and like you say the emails i had back was no help, it sorted itself out after a while but was a pain in the arse while it was fubar, could still log in and post on my iphone but imac and macbook air wouldnt let me log in. i feel ur pain dude, stay strong in these hard times

• @Advinculas-Index yeh same issue... Fixed it once before but can't remember how. There is one device or browser that actually triggers the password reset! I can log in on my phone and work laptop but not personal laptop and can't remember how to fix it... I've left it as it is as I mostly use phone and don't want to fuck that up

• Ive actually never been able to log on via desktop but never had a problem using my mobile browsing platform. Imagine its a problem with the scripts on my desktop browser but never bothered to check it out.

• Same problem. Couldn't log in on desktop. Logged out on other devices and reset password. Then couldn't log in on any device. Contacted CS multiple times and got the same response as you. One day, two months later, when i opened the forum i was logged in again. They fixed it or it fixed itself. Nothing i tried did anything

• Banned

Login to football index main site. From there, click forum link and it will auto-log you in
    Highlight me if you cant get that to work

• @MrWh1te said in Problems accessing the forum via Desktop:

Login to football index main site. From there, click forum link and it will auto-log you in
    Highlight me if you cant get that to work

Thats precisely the problem im having....

• Banned

@Advinculas-Index
    ?
    Which bit?

@Advinculas-Index
    ?
    Which bit?

I log into the main site , click forum and it doesnt log me in and wont accept my login details

• Banned

@Advinculas-Index
    and you are clicking the link in the pic?
    0_1586426702152_upload-f58554a3-3cc8-455d-9630-62932b819081

If you are, sorry I have no more advice than that, that is my fix that seems to work on every device for all, so if FI have broken something else, I am out of ideas :/

• @MrWh1te
    Correct

• Banned

@Advinculas-Index
    ok sorry bud :/

• Banned

@Advinculas-Index have you tried clearing cookies etc?

• @MrWh1te ye that didnt work for me, its just broken for some, at different times, maybe for differing reasons ? slightly annoying but life goes on

• I had this exact problem for the first month or so . I could read but not post or search. Very frustrating at the time. I went through customer support and they just gave up helping in the end. Weirdly then it miraculously had me logged in one day. I'm not sure this was it but i think i had provided more detail to my forum account via mobile app and that seemed to nudge the main site into linking the two.

@Advinculas-Index have you tried clearing cookies etc?

Tried that as well

Oh well no worries thanks for trying to help

• I know a bit about this problem as can't access the forum in desktop either. I contacted them in December over this and got the usual sort of response ' thank you for contacting FI. We are aware of this problem and we are currently working on a solution. We value your feedback and thank you for using FI'.

A few months went by and no fix so I contacted them again and got the same response. This bug does not take 3 months to fix!I know a bit about how developers work so asked them whether it was included in this sprint or whatever pipeline process they use. After about 10 minutes of smashing my head against a brick wall with canned answers, he went and spoke to a developer and admitted that they weren't working on it and was not in any pipeline to be fixed. So we may have to wait a long time here...

It annoys me about their customer service that it feels so robotic. Rather than giving me these pretty little responses about how they value me as a customer and are fixing my problem, why not just be truthful and say 'we recognise this as a problem, however it is not a priority to fix as we can't launch IPOs without fucking up the system, our MB is a mess and we still sometimes mess up dividend payouts.'

I have only contacted them a couple of times over other things but each time the responses are very nice, polite, but also not always honest to try and keep customer happy. Which I don't know why they do as in the long run it is more annoying. It's not a big deal this forum issue and totally get they have bigger problems on the platform to resolve. But be honest as well

• Happening again to me after being fine for ages, possibly trolling me for commenting on This post haha

• Had the same problem a while back. I reported it via email but they didn't seem to understand or believe me that it wasn't logging me into the Forum directly when accessed from the main site. I also reported it through the live chat and they said they would get the maintenance team to look at it.

After a couple of days I tried logging into the Forum using my username instead of email address and this got me back in. Not sure if this was because the maintenance team had done something or not, as I never got a reply. I'd try this if you haven't already, otherwise I'd give the live chat a go to report it to FI, as this was much quicker than email.

• Just read about this on my mobile and so tried logging in through my desktop; all fine. However, have never been able to post to forum using my (Android) mobile - asks me to log in first, but always tells me the username and password are invalid even though they work fine on the desktop - and got the same generic BS mail that @Advinculas-Index describes when asking for online assistance.

Anyone else had android-specific issues with posting to forum from their mobile?