If instant sell returned tomorrow...

• (and was a realistic selling price) Would that many people use it? Surely most players have risen enough for people that needed to, be able market sell by now. Maybe there's too many that haven't risen yet. I've got no real evidence or knowledge to back this up was just wondering- shoot me down if I'm talking rubbish.

• Banned

race to the bottom if that happens

• @MrWh1te so would it just be speculative selling in fear of prices dropping?

• Banned

@Notanyoldnewuser
    I think a lot of people on here over-spent and with all that has happened, need the money back.
    It won't take much for prices to start dropping and then as we have seen before, sheep follow. This could lead to a big crash. A lot will try and get out quickly, and then buy back in when prices are cheaper.
    Then when prices hit rock bottom, a lot of people will buy back in.

• @MrWh1te ok, thanks

• Banned

@Notanyoldnewuser
    This is just my opinion, no-one really knows.

• It would be a blood bath!

• I would use it for a few players who I have had in the MS list for ever - way before corona (Tanganga for example). I would only use it to free up money to put in other players though.

If it will cause the crash as most people suspect - at what point can they bring it back? Are we waiting for football to be back to normal or is it tied to economic / stock markets recovering?

• Nobody will sell until the 8.25% net bonus is on.
    I’ve also to say that the index is functioning quite well without IS, I can market sell quite easily (obviously not instantaneously).

Football Index however needs the IS to make money, that’s the easiest way to rack up money from people that do not understand the market or are looking for an afternoon of glory

• I wouldn't use it to be honest. Never have liked the instant sell option. Feels dirty to me even when it's the right thing to do.

• I really don't see a scenario any time soon where IS is just switched back on indefinitely. Maybe for short bursts when football is confirmed as returning, but even if it is switched on, spreads need to narrow considerably before most people will use it. Should both of those things happen, I'm sure we'd see a decent chunk of money fly out the platform quite quickly.

Which for me, is exactly why it won't happen.

FI do not want that to happen. They also hold all the cards here, so there's no reason for them to allow it.

My guess is that when football gets pencilled back in, we'll see the spreads start to narrow, especially for players in the PB leagues that come back on first, but FI will want to do this gradually. It's not in their interests for the arse to fall out overnight.

They don't want Twitter and this forum full of people saying how shit it is.

• Of course they want IS back in.
    In Jan they racked up at least 10MM in commissions (they said that more than 500M were traded in the market) while in March they raked 1.3M (65MM traded in the market) against 2MM paid in dividends.

Instant Sell IS the way in which they make money. Tons of ppl buying players before a game and selling at loss if they don’t score in the first 45 minutes

• @NewUser455434 you example is flawed as if you IS FI have to buy all the future back so it costs them (in the short term) more, as they can’t recycle the future until the sell queue is empty.

• @NewUser455434 said in If instant sell returned tomorrow...:

Of course they want IS back in.
    In Jan they racked up at least 10MM in commissions (they said that more than 500M were traded in the market) while in March they raked 1.3M (65MM traded in the market) against 2MM paid in dividends.

Instant Sell IS the way in which they make money. Tons of ppl buying players before a game and selling at loss if they don’t score in the first 45 minutes

That's working on the basis that they only got 2% of the 65million though, when in actual effect a fair percentage of that 65 million would have related to new shares being issued in the likes of sancho, bruno etc and as a result they would've received 100% of those trades, not just the comission of 2%

• @Sav2000 why would they keep the future in their portfolio. I buy 1000 futures in a player, after 1 week I sell that player with IS at 0% less (imagine it went up by 10%). I gave initially x, I receive x-2%.
    Why would they need to BUY the future?

• @Ddr But that’s money they are holding for you, it’s not profit. At the moment the total market cap is around 110MM, this is the sum of all futures active in the market. This is not profit for them. At most they can gain interest on this money

• @NewUser455434 because when you bought it you most likely purchased it from the sell queue ie off another trader not FI

• I would simply just question the amount of money that would leave the platform on the long term. If the answer is not very much I would guess any dip would be followed by people buying the dip.