A Market Update From Adam Cole. FI Happy With Their Stance On Media

• It was a bit of a pointless statement imo, didn’t really tell us anything we didn’t know before.

• Standing by FI’s handling of the Grealish v Walker MB decision is a mistake.

It just highlights how FI chop and change the rules on what constitutes a scoring MB story, depending on which side of bed they get out of. How can the exact same story which names both players in the title count for Jack Grealish, but not Kyle Walker?

He should have apologised for that balls up.

• @ocs123 yeah he should of took the approach of reassuring traders that the media review will address the grey areas better and not committed to siding on either side of the argument regardless of what he really thinks. Traders seem to have a good relationship with AC but not as much so with other areas of FI.

• @ocs123 said in A Market Update From Adam Cole. FI Happy With Their Stance On Media:

How can the exact same story which names both players in the title count for Jack Grealish, but not Kyle Walker?
    He should have apologised for that balls up.

Can only really be explained in 3 ways;

1. AC doesn't really care - which would be very dangerous & I doubt has much truth in it.

2. AC really doesn't know - either he's been mislead on the detail or can't understand the difference, neither of which is great but much more likely, as incompetence is usually far closer to the truth than any conspiracy.

3. AC genuinely believes the FI line - really concerning that no one other than users can see that FI either don't understand their own guidance or disregard it as & when they explicitly fail to follow it.

Any MB guidelines are going to have grey areas, which most of us could accept, especially if there was a clear & transparent protocol for dealing with such issues. ANY rules that brought consistency would be welcomed as we could then trade with confidence on that basis but having been on FI for nearly 2 years I still can't be sure what will or won't count & whenever FI seem to be taking a consistent line they then do completely the opposite out of the blue & destroying any semblance of professionalism or competency. Given MB is currently the only game in town it really should be made as perfect as possible otherwise there's a major risk of lasting reputational damage.

• I voted negative just because he doesn't really explain why one was allowed and the other wasn't. It didn't give us any information really.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's just making a show of saying he believes in his staff, and therefore we can have faith in the product - but behind closed doors he busted a few balls.

• @kristiang85 exactly the same for me. Would love to hear him challenged on a Q&A on this now, as I still think the stance taken is completely indefensible. However, I am generally much more positive about MB than most; I actually like the current system, as I find it quite easy to predict and therefore it's easier to make money on than PB. There have also been several conspiracy type messages on the MB thread, but virtually all have turned out to be people not understanding how the platform works, with FI having done nothing wrong. But the stance on Grealish is a different matter entirely and I just don't get it.

• @Mintyfresh i enjoy MB because as you say it is more predictable than PB but what makes it so predictable is the very think a lot of people want to change about it and thats the tabloids and their click bait tactics. I understand people want to improve the respectability of the platform by doing away with tabloids and nonsense newspapers but they are what gives us the MB kings if we remove them like i know many want we make MB more lottery like too

• @Black-wolf that's kind of the point I tried to make before when they did the survey and I know it's a tough balance to strike. I just fear that those who are most vocal against the current system may find that the grass is not greener on the other side when any changes come in. Also, some of the complaints are about the feeds/tech not working. I've no idea if there is ever an issue with this (I would hope not and it's just the fact that as punters we don't see the full feed data) but I'm not convinced the MB review solves this anyway; my understanding is that they're looking at the media sources and the key words, etc. The survey didn't ask "do you think the feeds should work" as that's just a given.