Messi Media...

• ![0_1586461949524_803A68DF-535F-4284-9972-66486C05D813.png](Uploading 0%)

Will FI remove the above duplicated media story? 🤔

• FI server will not allow the upload of my screenshot. Please check Messi’s media.

• @Sol It's a "double denial" so scores twice!!

• 0_1586462303916_C570169A-B7C3-4B48-A97D-B9A61659FB73.jpeg

Finally, I could upload it. Surely, this must be removed 🤔

• @Martyn-B so if a footballer eats a triple stacked burger, he is entitled to 3 articles?!? 😂

• @Sol Why not?? Kyle Walker and his double...oh wait, they were deleted. If Messi wins by less than 70 points I am sure payouts will be corrected retrospectively tomorrow.

• He's still top even when it gets removed.

• I had a read through Messi articles and wow football media really has gone to shit. They posted two options for messi if he left Barca and then 5 minutes later said he wouldn't leave lol

• Personally, I’m happy when the media reflects the best players in the world. Messi and Ronaldo (I do not hold either) should be written about everyday as they both are playing legends 👍🏼

• I just emailed them as I noticed this, another shambles

• Ronaldo has literally been winning me some dividends every day for the past couple weeks and he’s going to always be in for a top 5 media finish daily for some time. Surely undervalued given it’s all about dividends right now.

• @TeamGB said in Messi Media...:

Ronaldo has literally been winning me some dividends every day for the past couple weeks and he’s going to always be in for a top 5 media finish daily for some time. Surely undervalued given it’s all about dividends right now.

Messi and Ronaldo are both high risk media holds, they’re both incredibly expensive for their age and the stage of their career, especially Ronaldo for me. I have no idea what the media will write about in three weeks time, but Messi and Ronaldo being in the media this often could easily just be a phase, and maybe they move on to talking about Pogba/Neymar/Kane transfer rumours again, or talking about the Premier League starting again. Then all of a sudden if you bought Messi @ 4.92 and his media dried up, he looks a little expensive.

I think there’s money to be made, but very high risk, and just because it’s not really clear what the media can keep writing about Ronaldo, I’m not sure at £3.17 he is really undervalued. Not to mention the fact he will never earn £3.17 in divs and will be an incredibly hard player to sell on a spike because I’m not sure he’ll ever have another spike in his career.

Edit* Ronaldo is £3.25 when writing this not £3.17 but the point still stands

• @Daniel said in Messi Media...:

@TeamGB said in Messi Media...:

Ronaldo has literally been winning me some dividends every day for the past couple weeks and he’s going to always be in for a top 5 media finish daily for some time. Surely undervalued given it’s all about dividends right now.

Messi and Ronaldo are both high risk media holds, they’re both incredibly expensive for their age and the stage of their career, especially Ronaldo for me. I have no idea what the media will write about in three weeks time, but Messi and Ronaldo being in the media this often could easily just be a phase, and maybe they move on to talking about Pogba/Neymar/Kane transfer rumours again, or talking about the Premier League starting again. Then all of a sudden if you bought Messi @ 4.92 and his media dried up, he looks a little expensive.

I think there’s money to be made, but very high risk, and just because it’s not really clear what the media can keep writing about Ronaldo, I’m not sure at £3.17 he is really undervalued. Not to mention the fact he will never earn £3.17 in divs and will be an incredibly hard player to sell on a spike because I’m not sure he’ll ever have another spike in his career.

Out of interest, how many players on FI do you think will earn their current buy price in dividends over the next 3 years?

• @Yellow said in Messi Media...:

@Daniel said in Messi Media...:

@TeamGB said in Messi Media...:

Out of interest, how many players on FI do you think will earn their current buy price in dividends over the next 3 years?

Haha absolutely zero. I’m not confident many would make earn their current buy price in divs in their careers also, whether you factor in potential dividends increases or not.

I think it’s more the point Sancho won’t make the £12 of divs but you could argue that you could still sell him for £12 in three years time and even though I don’t love the idea of that, it makes him much less risky obviously. Ronaldo could easily lose all his value after the next Euros are done (Not saying he will but he could). That’s why I’d argue Ronaldo isn’t undervalued and that he’s very high risk, even if he could win consistently in the media for the next couple of months.

• I’d say Messi and Ronaldo are two of very few players on the index with any chance of returning their value in dividends over their careers based on current dividend values. There are of course 1 or 2 others.

Messi has made £2 in dividends in the last year, Ronaldo £1 (and dividends have increased twice in that time so had they been accrued at the current rate the figures would be higher). Will they definitely maintain that level of performance? No, but they’re both still performing at an elite level and have the 2022 World Cup to keep them focussed and motivated. Messi is still the best player in the world and smashing PB whilst Ronaldo is still a huge figure in big games and scoring almost a goal a game. And when the day comes that Messi leaves Barcelona or Ronaldo retires there will be media for days, weeks even.

Given nobody can be certain of future dividend increases or, let’s be honest, the longevity of the index, they’re 2 of the lowest risk holds around. The returns won’t be massive, but every chance they return £6 and £4 respectively before the end of the 2022/2023 season, but obviously the share price will drop to near zero so your ROI is probably no more than 10% a year. But it’s worth remembering that in the real world 10% is a great return and it’s as close to guaranteed as anything you can get on FI.

And I say all this somebody who sold Ronaldo yesterday and instantly regretted it.