How Much Is Everybody Actually Into Football? A Poll

• FI make a big play on folk using their football knowledge. But how many of us on here actually watch it. I watch Leeds United games. It helps a little with FI but I would say the most of my FI judgements are through watching highlights and data. I'm interested to see how much actual watching of football aids their FI journey. I'd be intrigued to learn if there are any out there who are here purely for the investment opportunity and don't really enjoy football at all. I do think being emotionally disconnected from football would bring me greater discipline. I'd be interested to see if there are many out there like this. Please tick whatever statement applies to you. Obviously little football is being watched at moment owing to the virus. I'm looking for your pre virus experiences. Cheers.

• You only get 9 options. Missed 2 off. I wanted to ask if folk were into football prior to joining FI. One for another poll I guess.

• This post is deleted!

• @Carboney I think that's one for another poll but I've covered where you are at. I think the aim of this poll is to discover if it's necessary to eat sleep football to do the FI thing. Early indications suggest folk are quite dedicated.

• @Dalian-Smith

Interesting question.

The football index has absolutely transformed how I watch football matches.

I am constantly looking for PB friendly players or managerial tactics that could potentially exploit the scoring matrix.

If you can spot a gem before they actually register decent PB scores, you can make a shitload of cash on capital appreciation!!

• I miss the morning matches from La Liga and Serie A during the weekend. You can spot some talent there as well

• @Dalian-Smith said in How Much Is Everybody Actually Into Football? A Poll:

@Carboney I think that's one for another poll but I've covered where you are at. I think the aim of this poll is to discover if it's necessary to eat sleep football to do the FI thing. Early indications suggest folk are quite dedicated.

But the poll asks about how much we watch more so than whether it's important for FI?

I watch as much bundesliga as possible... Other leagues I tend to just watch the big games or the teams I support (one or two per league)... And of course any match where one of my big holds is playing.

But in terms of FI you can trade any which way so there are people with zero interest in football who don't watch games at all that could do well... No bias from what they think is football knowledge... Just raw data and psychology of trends to think about

• @Dalian-Smith are you a stripper? You dont half love polls!😂

• Banned

FI and football are different for me.

FI = all my investments come solely from data. I don't need to watch a match to make an investment and nearly all my buys are like this. I buy players that are youngish/in their prime, with proven track records. I trade less than most, so I don't lose out on profits through paying commission (which soon adds up) and this keeps my profits high enough. My risk is less and my profits are steady, so I won't see huge swings.

Football = I watch everything I can.

Being a good/bad footballer doesn't mean you will be good/bad on FI

• @johnboywalker

Looking at the hidden gem market. Particularly the South American based youth market. It's hard to follow alot of these starlets. They are playing a handful of minutes. Your making judgements on essentially the word of journalists and transfer gossip. Neymar hailed from Brazil so there's hope of digging something up but essentially for me you can be making a punt in the dark.

• I follow Leeds United which for now at least don't play in a pb league. I can't help though looking at Leeds United players from an FI perspective. Ive invested in jack Harrison. I'm not sure he fits any pb profile but hes a good player who probably should be in EPL. There's definitely a Leeds United premium in the market for me. You get more value than other championship players. I suspect there is a emotional attachment to some investment. I've backed him in under suspected market sentiment. It's not data driven as such although there is a definite price curve difficult to deny.

My point being FI has wormed its way into my general football interaction. It gives an extra interest to my football in fairness so it's all good for me.