Building up shares in player hold

• For those who don’t have the capital to lay down 100 + shares in a player (Top 20 player) in one transaction I just wondered if people have any strategies if they wanted to build up total shares in one player?

• @Collymore10 flips mate. Identify a player who could spike, load up, flip, skim profits for the player, throw the initial investment money into the next spike.

Not easy, not always quick, doesnt always work out. Especially difficult with IS off the table. But this is the best way I find

• I don't like doing it peacemeal as you become committed, if you build the balance either as growing cash or as Mick says by having a part of your port you flip n grow.... Then when you finally have the capital you make a better decision if you still want it in the particular premium.

• @Vespasian32 that’s the worry if you commit to instalments and then the price runs away from you..

• Just reinvest dividends in players.

• @Tom77 said in Building up shares in player hold:

Just reinvest dividends in players.

This☝️

It may seem slow and boring or you may think you cant buy enough for it to be worth it but this is the safest most sure fire way to get the portfolio you want. Flipping is potentially faster but only if you can know for sure which player will rise next as one badly timed purchase can put you back weeks or months and wipe out your last 10 good trades. Players that earn you dividends will also get plenty of cap app spikes meaning you will get plenty of opportunities to sell.

It all really comes down to your personal strengths as a trader not how much money you can afford to put into which group of players, you need to have complete confidence in any player you decide to buy

• @MickTurbo thanks for the reply mate

• @Black-wolf it’s not really my trader style to be Flipping. if I invest in A player I do my Full research And like you say have full confidence in that player.

I get your point about re investing dividends and I agree but you still have to have a decent amount of shares in a player for the dividends to Be worthwhile...

• This is a problem I often encounter, win regular dividends from Bruno, Kane and Messi but as .building isn't large I always invest dividend in a lower value player, so I often find myself over trading to get a new player and selling someone I was would of liked to hold longer.
    Simple answer is yes more money but that isn't always possible, I'm in for 2.5K port in 2 months but cannot really invest more until I get back to work and know my job is safe, if anyone has the answer I would love to hear suggestions.

• @Black-wolf I love reinvesting divs but that kind of implies you start out with a budget to afford enough shares in div winners for the returns to be reinvestable.

If you want say 100 shares in Sancho itl cost you £1270... How can you win that much divs if you don't have say £13,000 and win 10% divs in a year?

The flipping suggestions is more about those trying to build a £500 budget into a £1500 budget... Then you buy your 100+ shares in a premium hold.... And the div wins are £1-16 each time and that is enough money to build small holdings in cheaper players again to flip and repeat the cycle

I wouldn't advise such a strategy to someone starting out with £10,000+ as they have more flexibility to try many approaches

• Over the 3 years I have been on here my dividend total is now just about half the value of my total deposits.
    All of them have been reinvested.

Even small amounts add up over time.

• @Collymore10 said in Building up shares in player hold:

@Black-wolf it’s not really my trader style to be Flipping. if I invest in A player I do my Full research And like you say have full confidence in that player.

I get your point about re investing dividends and I agree but you still have to have a decent amount of shares in a player for the dividends to Be worthwhile...

Its easy to think that but its not necessarily true. As a best case scenario look at Bruno. If you had bought 10 shares in him at the end of January for less than £5 thats £50, he will have returned you £17 in dividends and gave you £45 in cap app. But hes a best case scenario but if you take another premium player like Messi and spend £50 in 10 shares he will most likely return you over £20 a year in dividends but you have to assume his price will not move much or may fall but a well timed sell will see you leave with some nice profits. A lot of the premium players are like this safe and boring. Short term you may want a bigger hold to make it worth your while but holding for a year or more will see you make good returns per investment

• @Vespasian32 said in Building up shares in player hold:

@Black-wolf I love reinvesting divs but that kind of implies you start out with a budget to afford enough shares in div winners for the returns to be reinvestable.

If you want say 100 shares in Sancho itl cost you £1270... How can you win that much divs if you don't have say £13,000 and win 10% divs in a year?

The flipping suggestions is more about those trying to build a £500 budget into a £1500 budget... Then you buy your 100+ shares in a premium hold.... And the div wins are £1-16 each time and that is enough money to build small holdings in cheaper players again to flip and repeat the cycle

I wouldn't advise such a strategy to someone starting out with £10,000+ as they have more flexibility to try many approaches

Ive managed to turn an original £2500 into a £6000 portfolio at its cost price in 18 months largely from premium players. Yes i do flip in an out of them at peaks and troughs and some of that profit is from temporary cash going in for deposit bonuses but i also have £1500 from dividends in that time. I have a high number of deposits and withdrawals (same cash going in and out being recycled) so my all time p/l is all screwed up but i have built a decent size portfolio from a relatively small amount in the time frame i feel0_1586596172749_D7C2FC49-DA17-4C6C-AE0E-FFF8846D0F5A.jpeg 0_1586596182869_190C7146-8FBC-4253-A150-9873194CAA8B.jpeg

• @Black-wolf thanks mate some interesting points you made there

• I would really say it depends on the style and approach you prefer. I’ve only put a small amount in in Jan to test the water. I went for diversification route to try and ensure I was covering all areas. The only quick win I looked for was Martin Braithwaite when he moved to Barca so my profits are approx. 81% dividends, 19% CA.

I just keep reinvesting the dividends so am now starting to be able to increase the number of shares of a player I have and I’m happy with that as just viewing it as a bit of fun. Some people will say with such a small amount you have to have a small portfolio and look to flip but it is a higher risk approach. But the way I’m doing it is working for me and in line with my goals. Either way, research is the key!

• @Sped how many players you own/port value mate?

• @Collymore10, I only chucked £50 in initially to test the waters and get £50 cash back. Port value is now up to £120.23 despite C19 period, I have 22 players but will look to increase the number of shares over next couple of months. My spreadsheet measures return against my initial deposit (149.22% so far) and actual investment, which is more accurate picture of my trading and player selection.