Biggest mistake selling

• Who's everyone's worst sale?.

Mines got to be coutinho, bought 300 shares around the £1.70 Mark and sold up around the £2.10 Mark. Still a profit but feels like huge kick looking back.

Anyone else had any big howlers?

• I got a few from when first joined platform last year Lautaro Martinez for £1.40 , Eze for 98p and had zlatan for 40p and sold way earlier than his peak as thought he might retire. Learned the platform a lot since then and more recently probaly just osimhen bought in January and sold on rumours but he’s gone up a lot since.

• I sold 600 Victor Osimhen for about 77p

• Bruno at £4. This was 2 weeks after I joined.

• Buying Bruno fernandes around £1.40 and selling at £2.80

• Only bought 50quids worth of Ighalo at 35p or so then quick sold for 30p. 1 week later he signed for United

• Ighalo.... Made 70% profit in him but could of been 470%...😔

• I got 200 ighalo around 33p pre winter transfer window thinking he would get a move to a PB league.
    Held my nerve as he rose to about 42p, the window was getting close to ending and I took the small profit, thinking about the plummet he’d take when the window closed. Two hours later boom, on his way to Manchester!!

• I've been stung on Bruno and eze aswell. Got on eze around the mid 70s. I didn't even think of Bruno, I sold out when he didn't get the move last summer....what an error that was now.

Kepa was another, one of the first players I bought in bulk about 2yrs ago when he was at Bilbao. Then the links with Chelsea came and the ridiculous spike in price. I've had a few stinkers now that I think about it loool

• @Dan-w said in Biggest mistake selling:

Ighalo....

I had a few thousand a couple of transfer windows back at 20p but he stayed in China so I dumped around 22p but had to rebuy a few weeks back for 175p!

• Sold Diogo Jota a couple of days before his most recent europa league hattrick. Would've been my first non bronze pb dividends. Serves me right for being so short term cos I knew he was a very good player.

• Yep same as few others here, 1000 Ighalo sold at bout 50-60p for 20-30% profit in January

• hi i made so many mistakes to list a few had sancho around £3 mbape £5.40 kane £3.20 de bruyne £2.49 haverz £3.21 but sill up so all is a learning curve i still make mistakes now but its still fun.

• Banned

I would argue none of these are mistakes and people are just being results orientated.

They only become a mistake if you made the decision wrongly at the time with the information available.

What happens to the price after you sell is irrelevant.

• How long you got

Haaland at £2
    Martinez at £1.60
    Werner at £4
    Havertz at £3.50

Those are the top picks

• Pressing the wrong button an ISing 300 Eden Hazards by mistake a while back....

• All my biggest mistakes were not selling as a beginner and thinking my profits would run on forever-sure a few can relate to this😂

• @TDOG said in Biggest mistake selling:

All my biggest mistakes were not selling as a beginner and thinking my profits would run on forever-sure a few can relate to this😂

That’s a mistake I may learn myself, being a newbie still.

Currently trying to work out what I think the peak price for all my players will/could be so that I can judge my sales at the right time. Hard with young players though as this ties into them reaching or not reaching their potential.

• @MrWh1te said in Biggest mistake selling:

I would argue none of these are mistakes and people are just being results orientated.

They only become a mistake if you made the decision wrongly at the time with the information available.

What happens to the price after you sell is irrelevant.

I'm in agreement, if you sold at a price you were then happy with why is that a mistake, surely that's just hindsight.

I'm new on here with my son, very small portfolio, having loads of fun, our biggest challenge is when to sell. If I take a profit, allowing my portfolio to grow, whatever the player does afterwards is almost an irrelevance and I can't see as a mistake as I have the result I wanted.

I will change my id once I've worked out how.... and thank you to the members that post on the forum, it's been enlightening reading the various posts, very helpful.

• Banned

Click the circle with the N in it in the top right, click profile and change it there.

And welcome :)