Non World Cup Players

• I've holding 10 shares in around 4/5 prospects who are not going to be at the World Cup.eg J Bamba
    Is it better to sell these players before the World Cup starts?
    I expect their value to drop as they won't be playing.
    I'm thinking though it might be better to ride it out until nearer the end of the transfer window.
    What do people think?

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo J bamab will go well over a £1 by the business end of the transfer window season, People are blinkered by the WC, Football works in trends, i have already shaped my profile fr the following trend after the WC, hovering up free transfers and very likely to move players, have the patience to buy cheap now, they player values will return a very health return come transfer window.

I own very few WC IMO its over hyped, but good luck to those who do, and obviously got in early on the WC trend.

• @SMacFI
    Again thank you for responding.
    My only regret in my portfolio is Neuer as I didn't realise goalkeepers were pointless. Luckily I only bought 3 at 96p.

• @Comrade take the hit get rid, put it down to experience.

• @SMacFI
    He's gone up 1p lol
    Hoping if I hang on for a bit he might go up a bit more so I can break even after commission is paid.

• Yeah its all about calculating weather its worth hanging one to recoup or take the hit and invest in a player you know will return you 10p-20p in the same time canceling out any lose you would take in Neuer

• Sorry 95p I paid for him

• @Comrade You never know, in the future they may have a category for Goalkeeper which may make it fairer.

• Was going to buy Dybala this morning but decided to watch to see what happened and he has gone back up again.
    Looks as though players plummet after a bad result then pick up again

• @Comrade probably people just taking him out of the selling que, a common misconception when prices move up a few pence.

• @78pJesus
    Thanks.
    I've a lot to learn in this I think lol.
    Joined a week or so ago and I'm spending a lot of time monitoring prices and checking my portfolio progress.

• Yeah it takes a month or 2 to understand teh trends make and learn from mistakes, but once you grasp it, you really can make some serious cash if you can stay ahead of the trends

• Well tell me, these players that aren't in the world cup, what's your reasons for holding them? If those reasons are still relevant then keep holding them. If they're not, get rid. Don't let the world cup sway your decision. Pick a strategy and follow it through. Bamba for example, playing alot of games up front for his team. He has a chance of maybe nicking a PB between now and the end of the season. He has transfer rumours linking him to at least two of the big 5 leagues and is definitely leaving as his contracts up. So there's two reasons his low price could rise. I'd say hold on, I've personally already bought and sold him but I feel there's more in him. I just sold too early.

• Holding them as they are likely to move.
    I appreciate all the comments and advice.

• Then hold them. Milk the rumours and assess what will happen to their price after they transfer to decode whether to hold on longer term or to sell up before the transfer goes through.

• @Comrade said in Non World Cup Players:

Holding them as they are likely to move.
    I appreciate all the comments and advice.

Also be aware there will be about 15-20 players linked with liverpools 2 midfield positions (and this just Liverpool, for every one position in any team you will get about 20 payers linked) they're looking for, so obviously all 20 wont move, you have to asses which ones have the better chance of moving, and just flip the short term lesser rumours, this why i keep blowing the free transfer trumpet, they will move there's no 2 ways about it, so you are not going to be investing int a transfer rumour that wont then come off and your stuck with.

• @Comrade said in Non World Cup Players:

Was going to buy Dybala this morning but decided to watch to see what happened and he has gone back up again.
    Looks as though players plummet after a bad result then pick up again

If you have a small budget i would suggest buying cheaper player you could get 4-5 futures for one Dybala, flip them and find your next cheap undervalue flip, you will build up your port folio much faster than buying 1 expensive player at a time

• @SMacFI
    All my players are cheap ones so far so I am looking to diversify a bit with one expensive player but not decided if that's the way to go

• @Comrade Everyone will tell you distantly depending on there style of strategy, have a play around with different strategies, find one that suits you and your comfortable with, then research all the players that fit that strategy and you will reduce the number of players you need to research on and keep an eye on.

• I've bought into Dendoncker, Bamba, Issa Diop, Balotelli and Politano with a view to them getting a move.
    Do you have any of them?