Portfolio (keep or cull)

• I have a portfolio of nearly £1500 but wanted to reduced it in terms of player numbers to increase shares in less players.

Who would you keep and bin from the following (I’ve starred the ones I’m currently thinking of keeping):

Centre Back:-
    *Richards (down as a mid)
    *Bastoni
    Karsdorp
    Skriniar

Wing Backs:-
    *Gosens
    Max
    *Klostermann
    *Mykolenko
    Cucurella

Midfielders:-
    *Gaetano
    Cuisance
    *Palacious
    *Caqueret
    *Tonali
    *Sensi
    Adli
    Kulusevski
    *Aouchiche
    *Havertz
    *Torres
    Zaniolo
    Van De Beek
    *Sabitzer
    *Maini

Forwards:-
    *Osimhen
    *Rodrygo
    Isak
    *Gnabry
    Man
    *Werner
    Jota
    *Rashford
    *Malen

I’ve done a bit of research and obviously also read many things on this forum but who, if any should I cull (market sell)?

• @Erased-Citizen do you need the money now? If not I’d suggest keeping them all and re-evaluate once football restarts.

• @Sav2000 said in Portfolio (keep or cull):

@Erased-Citizen do you need the money now? If not I’d suggest keeping them all and re-evaluate once football restarts.

No I don’t need the money. Was just thinking £1500 might be better across 15-20 players rather than 30+. As I picked them all on merit and just keep topping them all up.

• @Erased-Citizen i agree but prices will increase that’s when i would consolidate my position.

• @Erased-Citizen remember if your money is spread across more players you are spreading the risk, just a thought. If you believe in the holds I’d keep them and just top up the ones you want to consolidate your position in with div wins or addition cash you put in. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

• @9stevo said in Portfolio (keep or cull):

@Erased-Citizen remember if your money is spread across more players you are spreading the risk, just a thought. If you believe in the holds I’d keep them and just top up the ones you want to consolidate your position in with div wins or addition cash you put in. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Cheers. Most aren’t really aimed that much at dividends, mainly CA. The main dividend winners cost more money and therefore you can’t build up too many shares in them. Hence why my 10 shares in Bruno have been listed for market sell for a few weeks now.

• @Erased-Citizen

Haha I hold 6 players on this list and you want to sell all of them, except Malen, the most underrated player on the index and in the world (not a pump at all).

Looking at your wingbacks, not sure who Klostermann is, but they all look promising holds. Not a criticism, am genuinely interested if you think differently, in case I’m missing something - but why would Cucurella be the one you would get rid of? His PB scores at Getafe have been insane recently, which is not an ideal team to get those scores in, compared to Gosens playing in that Atalanta team. If he stays at Getafe he’ll still have European football too. And unless I’m wrong, but Cucurella has the most CA in him cause he has the strongest links with a move to the Premier League. He’s one of my bigger holds I have a lot of faith in him.

All those wingbacks are strong holds though, and I agree with the other comments that say don’t rush into listing.

• @Daniel said in Portfolio (keep or cull):

@Erased-Citizen

Haha I hold 6 players on this list and you want to sell all of them, except Malen, the most underrated player on the index and in the world (not a pump at all).

Looking at your wingbacks, not sure who Klostermann is, but they all look promising holds. Not a criticism, am genuinely interested if you think differently, in case I’m missing something - but why would Cucurella be the one you would get rid of? His PB scores at Getafe have been insane recently, which is not an ideal team to get those scores in, compared to Gosens playing in that Atalanta team. If he stays at Getafe he’ll still have European football too. And unless I’m wrong, but Cucurella has the most CA in him cause he has the strongest links with a move to the Premier League. He’s one of my bigger holds I have a lot of faith in him.

All those wingbacks are strong holds though, and I agree with the other comments that say don’t rush into listing.

No particular reason for having Cucurella as a possible cull, just the fact I think Gosens, Klostermann and Mykolenko could be better.

Klostermann is in the German side and plays as an attacking wing-back for club and country. His price increases have been restricted of late because I’m led to believe injuries to defenders at RB Leipzig have led to him being moved into central defence temporarily. Out of all my wing-backs he’s the one I rate the highest in terms of CA and PB.

• I know a lot of people say spread the risk but the risk on fi is already so low I think you would do better spreading that 1,500 over three players I’ve always had better results this way and it’s a difficult time to trade right now maybe hold off until spreads come down and market buys increase then more shares in less players

• @Lloyddavies if your just after money is agree but with 3 players where’s the fun factor on a match day?

I scaled up the more cash the more players I have skin in the game most match days and media days and love it.

• @Sav2000 I agree totally with what your saying mate if you want to play for fun but I’m here to make money

• @Lloyddavies you can do both though just have to find the balance

• @Sav2000 I have enough fun to be honest I hold three player 1,000 shares in each moving into my fourth I look forward to match day and am in profit on all three I feel I have a nice balance

• @Lloyddavies I agree that the smaller number of great players you have in much more beneficial. I'm trying to have 5 key players and have a lot of shares in them. Still lots of ways to make money on fi so not one is the perfect system but diversification is a bit of an overused word on fi.

• @Tom7471 everyone is different but I think that’s the way I’m going to go aswell mate future goal of 1,000 shares in 10 players

• @Lloyddavies nice mate, good luck with that. I would be very interested in how you do.

• @Tom7471 I’ll be sure to let you know as it stand I’m at
    Rashford £2.00 profit per share
    Allan saint maxamin £0.64 profit per share
    Luka jovic £0.11 profit per share

• @Erased-Citizen had a portfolio of 50 6 months ago and made decent profits but since dropping down to 10 I'm flying, I would pick 10 you most have faith in, I've had ones I let go fly but that's the way it goes

• @MUFC said in Portfolio (keep or cull):

@Erased-Citizen had a portfolio of 50 6 months ago and made decent profits but since dropping down to 10 I'm flying, I would pick 10 you most have faith in, I've had ones I let go fly but that's the way it goes

I am trying to reduce my port and I have a few earmarked for market sell but as per the advice by other posters, I’m gonna wait till play starts and they start to get back to their levels before the pandemic before selling.

It’s still hard though as I obviously have confidence in every player; so picking the best 10 or 15 is very, very difficult. Some will naturally be sold in the coming months, once they secure the big moves that will push them towards the target sell price I have in mind for them.

I did let my Adli shares go yesterday and invested them into Sane. I guess it’s going to be about timing really.

• @Lloyddavies great work bud