PL Team of the Season 2019/20

• Thought it'd be a bit of fun to see what everyone's TOTS is for the Premier League this season, and what team you support to see if there's any bias!

For me:

Dean Henderson, Trent A-A, Virgil Van Djik, Maguire, Robertson, Henderson, Grealish, Kevin De Bruyne, Salah, Aubameyang and Mane. (United fan)

• Bang on I think.

If Maddison was more consistent he would be in there, but hasn’t set the world alight this year.

• Also I’m an Arsenal fan

• Yeah I pretty much agree

Henderson has done well enough to be included but I’m not sure if I would put him in ahead of Alisson.

He gets a lot of hype, which is deserved, but I feel some of it comes from the fact that he’s on loan from Man Utd.

He’s certainly overprice on the index. I bought him at about 60p a few months ago and sold once he reached something like £1.10 cause it was too much for a keeper, I can’t believe he kept going up to £1.30 even before they introduced the spreads.

Chelsea fan

• @Daniel Henderson or Allison is probably the tightest call, I just felt that Henderson's had more 'outstanding' moments, but we probably get shown them more because he's English!

It seems like a lot of players have had really good spells but not the many have had really good seasons, like a lot of the Leicester players have, Chilwell and Vardy for example

• Manager of the season also? Wilder for me!

• @Erased-Citizen it’s such a hard one that, cause you feel like Klopp deserves it for how well liverpool have done, but then Wilder has literally done the impossible with Sheffield United 🤯

• @ChazFI123 said in PL Team of the Season 2019/20:

@Erased-Citizen it’s such a hard one that, cause you feel like Klopp deserves it for how well liverpool have done, but then Wilder has literally done the impossible with Sheffield United 🤯

Exactly, that’s why I think Wilder edges it for me.

• @ChazFI123 do you reckon Henderson will get a chance next year or is De Gea just on to much money not to be the number one there so Henderson goes on loan again??

• @9stevo I think united will try and buy themselves another year, ideally Sheffield United get Europa league and then Henderson has a year more experiencing Europe and the PL. It reminds me of when Chelsea had to choose between Cech and Courtois. Personally I think it’s a big gamble if they backed Henderson after one year in the PL, De Gea has gone off the boil a bit last 2 years or so but he’s still probably top 4 keepers in the league. I think the biggest factor will be if Henderson agrees to another year on loan, hopefully he does

• @ChazFI123 that would be sensible, surely if he thinks another year on loan at a club he's obviously loving it at will get him a chance at Utd the following season then he'd be mad not to jump at the chance!!

• No Leicester players?

Ndidi has been the best defensive midfield player in the league this season.

Jonny Evans should be in there too.

Somebody had a shout for Maddison further up, he’s nowhere near it. Played well for 3 months but not much since November. Could say the same for Vardy I suppose.

• @TT thing is with Leicester, City have 1 player in it and they could conceivably finish 10-15 points ahead of Leicester. Unfortunately for Leicester the wheels have fallen off a bit when all this stuff gets voted for. I agree though Ndidi has been a class apart, and it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if Leicester missed out on top 4, think the break has come at a good time for them.

• Klopp gets manager of the season atm but if wilder gets Sheffield United into the champions league I think it has to go with him.

• Anybody seen the Athletic’s young player of the season nominees? Dan James is in it, he hasn’t even been United’s best young player, not even in the top 3 😂😂

• @ChazFI123 How is The Athletic at this time of little sport? I am going to subscribe for a year but the longer I wait the more of the 2021 title run in and Euro's coverage I will get. To be honest if I subscribe it will probably be long term. Is it worth it at the moment?

• @Daniel I don't personally get the hype with Allison, doesn't get exposed to much with defence in front of him, good goalkeeper but nothing special for me, same as ederson. Very suspect at times for me

• @Martyn-B about as interesting as Sky Sports News is at the moment! I strongly recommended holding off until we get some games back.

• @MUFC said in PL Team of the Season 2019/20:

@Daniel I don't personally get the hype with Allison, doesn't get exposed to much with defence in front of him, good goalkeeper but nothing special for me, same as ederson. Very suspect at times for me

Interesting, I will say he does get a lot of hype. I wouldn’t say he’s better than Neuer, Valdes, Cech or Casillas in their peaks, but I still think he’s the best keeper in the league this year which was all I said.

But also look at his final season at Roma, he kept like 20+ clean sheets in a season, and he certainly didn’t have the best defence in the world then. I think his shot stopping is underrated if anything cause people think he’s this keeper that’s amazing at playing out of the back. Which is where his quality comes from, he has a world class defence in front him sure, but he adds to that with his ability to play out the back, so as much as he isn’t getting exposed, he’s still contributing to some build up player too.

And he has that insane defence sure, but so did Adrian, and he had some poor performances. It’s wrong to compare them too much, but it does go to show having a world class defence only gets you so far.

• @Daniel I find Allison an interesting debate, I think he is very good but I would say he is slightly overrated just by the fact that people think he's the best in the world. If he didn't play for Liverpool I don't think people would say it. Oblak is definitely better IMO and whenever I've seen Ter Stegen I've been massively impressed too.

I think part of the reason Allison has looked so good is because the keepers before him were so bad, its a bit like if you were always dating 4/10's and then you suddenly dated an 8/10, I'm sure the 8/10 would feel like a 10 due to the past.

Where I think he excels is he doesn't make many mistakes, I can maybe think of 2 off the top of my head. But off the top of my head I can think of maybe 5 truly world class saves he's made during his time at Liverpool? Not saying he's not top class by any stretch, I just don't think he's the very best. Probably the best in the PL though currently