Order books: The game changed.

• My new video on this topic. Hope you enjoy.

ORDER BOOKS: Football Index: The Game Changed https://t.co/v7zV5ZXhJZ via @YouTube

• @Tom7471 your explanation is very good but it also increases my concerns for the transition from the current system to order books so im not sure the method will be implemented as most think. If they implement it with just a buy and a sell then place your order then my first worry is the bartering of the prices meeting in the middle, this will mean initially most players will drop in value.

Secondly how are new shares issued? If prices are determined as an average between the buy and sell as set by us then prices will only go up as demand is greater and current holders demand higher prices for their shares which is fine but at what point do new shares get issued? Will there be three options, buy, sell and then orders in between?

It wont really compare to betfair or sportstack as the order systems allow you to lay bets which converted to a market is the option to shorting which FI wont be doing as shorting creates a tremendous risk of debt.

I understand order books, i get the benefits of them and how they work but i am struggling to get my head round the mechanics behind it when applied to FI and the affects it will have on my currently owned shares. Ive seen plenty of explanations by various people but as confident as their explanations have been im not convinced they are exactly right and it will be slightly different than we are all expecting.

Most seem to want them but i think we will have a lot of complaints about them and retrospective love for the old system once they are in place. Time will tell but before it happens i just want to know how my current share prices will be protected in the transition

• I think your right about there being a drop in some players initially but I'm sure they will have something in place to stop the initial price drop happening. It could be potentially why it's taken soo long for Adam Cole to get order books through though.

Yeah there will be a buy, sell and and orders in-between until the market becomes completely liquid and there will be no gap between the buy and sell.

There was talk about being able to short players so I assumed that it would be the case. Adam Cole did talk about it but there are still so many unknowns at the moment.

I completely agree with you about people (including myself) talking about the order books and how they work but unfortunately there isn't much information out there to decipher. Normally when I do a video I do a lot of research and I tried doing as much as I could but there really isn't much about them and they have been talked about for a year and a half and yet we don't know very much sadly. Hope this slightly helps.

• Talk about shorting players?? jeez even FI cannot be that stupid to even contemplate it

• @shilly said in Order books: The game changed.:

Talk about shorting players?? jeez even FI cannot be that stupid to even contemplate it

Yeah i really hope they don’t allow shorting can you imagine the confusion? Some people cant even understand the current system. With there being no upper limit on players prices the ability to short could financially ruin people. Imagine you had shorted Sancho 100 shares at £4 as many people thought he was over hyped then, you would now owe FI over £800. Without an upper limit they cant calculate worst case scenario or capital risk you could actually end up in serious debt

• @shilly it's definitely been spoken about by Adam Cole but I think it would be a very difficult thing to implement.

• @Black-wolf yeah it would create potential crazy debt on some of the cheap 30p players that I buy because I'm sure 1 could potentially turn into a £4 player.

• @Tom7471 i took that comment as him just showing he was always open to suggestions.

Index fain have some very good explanations of how they think order books will be implemented and basically everything will look exactly the same but one of the tabs under the player profile would be the orders ill post the example below
    0_1586889726249_2A35FF4B-EE38-4D61-9CDD-A4D8E8B27321.jpeg

• @Black-wolf Or more importantly everyone including me selling up a sizeable chunk of port and shorting any/all players 30 and over and sitting back and waiting for zero risk profits when they retire as end price on every player is precisely ZERO, they cannot allow shorting of players when 1 end of the trade(short) has zero risk. Who in their right mind would buy knowing your betting against someone with zero risk.

Could easily attract whales though lol, simple advertising along the lines of "sign up for £1000 risk free and you can sell Messi-Ronaldo-Parejo and have a risk free trade for massive profits"

Race to the bottom will take on a whole new meaning ;)

• I have to say this type of “this is what I think” content is not helpful. Why not wait to see what it will be instead of speculating when you have no idea it is counter productive.

• @Black-wolf said in Order books: The game changed.:

@Tom7471 i took that comment as him just showing he was always open to suggestions.

Index fain have some very good explanations of how they think order books will be implemented and basically everything will look exactly the same but one of the tabs under the player profile would be the orders ill post the example below
    0_1586889726249_2A35FF4B-EE38-4D61-9CDD-A4D8E8B27321.jpeg

@Black-wolf with that example then does it mean the figures in red are the seller setting a reserve above the current market price?

• @Impulsesplurger looks like it but for that order to be fulfilled a bunch of new shares would need to be issued through traders buying from FI first because who would buy a share of a trader for £10.04 when the can buy straight from FI for £10 so this method still allows a players price to increase in value the same way it does now by being based on shares in circulation

• @Sav2000 said in Order books: The game changed.:

I have to say this type of “this is what I think” content is not helpful. Why not wait to see what it will be instead of speculating when you have no idea it is counter productive.

It would be nice if FI did what a lot of trading applications and poker sites do and creating a play money and real money format on everyone’s account and then releasing the order book system on the play money system a month or so ahead of the real money implementation. We shouldn't be expected to accept a new learning curve with real money on the line

• @Black-wolf ok cheers. Makes sense though especially if your not a particularly hands on trader because you can just set the reserve at what your happy to take in future and it happens automatically. I'm struggling to understand how market price would actually increases tbf though.

• @Impulsesplurger FI will always set the upper buy price that we currently see next to each player so players will still go up in value based on the number of shares in circulation but i can see it slowing growth massively

• @Sav2000 this is probably best advice as it hurts my head trying to understand. Having some information on how order books work in other forms of betting is useful for me though as I have know experience of them atall so didnt know what one was

• @Black-wolf that's a nice shot of what it will look like, makes sense that it would be done in that way. The more I think of it the less likely that they will put a shorting option for players.

• @Impulsesplurger sportstack is a good platform for having a play about but with no football on its a bit useless just now, players can only range from 1p to £1 though so having an upper limit means you can experience shorting with no risk of running up debt.

Footstock also uses another type of order book system but for single units and not lumps of shares so it can give you another basic experience of it.

Then theres betfair which again offers another type but you arent dealing with shares its just placing and accepting bets

And finally you could sign upto to a free play money account on a financial trading platform but because these offer shorting and share prices are affected by real world occurrences and not just shares in circulation it still cant give you a true understanding of how order books will work on FI

Im familiar with all of the above and know that there are massive differences between each and this is why i cant say for sure how FI will implement them as we have no way of knowing until they do. We just keep hearing order books are good but im not sure everyone fully realises how much there operation can vary from platform to platform

• @Black-wolf thanks for advice. I think the key is how its implemented . Needs to be clear and as simple as possible, with a decent explanation and tutorials in good time before implementation. Like your dry run idea👍