Still a good time to get on Mbappe?

• He's just had a rise.. still worth jumping on now?

• @dp01 There's probably going to be no reason for him to drop anytime soon, if I had the funds I'd personally be buying now

• Probably the most overvalued player on the index; great in real life, awful dividend returns, yes he's young & could improve but I doubt he'll return £8.65 in dividends in his whole career (even if he plays for another 20 years).

Given the potential for future index growth (& that most new users don't understand how the index works, so will just buy the players they've heard of &/or world stars) there's likely to a long queue of buyers so the "greater fool strategy" may well trump the value analysis approach. Can't justify his current price on dividend returns but the index is often illogical & ignores fundamental underlying value, so probably will still rise in price but built on very shaky foundations, so any crash might be spectacular.

• @NewUser159387 He's going to be the next best thing post Messi/Ronaldo, he will easily return his price over the course of his career.

Buying in now is simply to make sure you don't miss the train once it sets off, because for a player with his quality it inevitably will.

• @Heinstein I disagree with this. If he can't return PB dividends now, then why will he in the future? He already plays a key role for a side utterly dominant in their division. Neymar has missed enough games this season and mbappe has scored enough that he should have delivered more dividends. Any transfer move will probably be to a more competitive league and if anything reduce his changes of winning PB. A world class player does not always mean a good investment

He may continue to rise, as @NewUser159387 points out and I agree with those points. But you are gonna have to seriously justify why you think he will 'easily return his price'. Right now your statements are all talk but no substance. He will get the odd PB win, and odd MB win, but not at the rate you expect of a player at his price.

I can only see a move to the EPL, which won't happen, as the only way he will.

• @Heinstein said in Still a good time to get on Mbappe?:

he will easily return his price over the course of his career.

What makes you think that?

I've held a tracker in him for nearly 2 years & he's returned approx 25p in dividends, slightly unsure due to share split complications. Being generous that's 10-12p year, if we assume he improves & returns DOUBLE that for the next 20 years that's 500p return on a 865p price. He may well do even better but has provided no evidence of that in his current return so however good he maybe in real life he has, so far, proved to be a terribly overvalued FI asset.

Bruno 950 returned 174p since Jan, Pogba 785 returned 135p this season, Neymar 850 returned 131p this season which is why they justify such high prices.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor As I mentioned, he will be the next best thing post Messi/Ronaldo, with the media being opened up he will be a media king, that's simply factual.

From what I've seen from him so far, he's also quite a theatrical player, probably from spending so much time with Neymar so if he keeps that up, he'll be in the media even more so.

As for his PB, someone posted a screenshot/stat on the forum recently that showed he was either the best PB player for his age, or top 3 (cant remember which).

You are forgetting that Neymar at PSG holds his PB game back, I can see them both moving on from PSG, Neymar back to Barca first which will give Mbappe the freedom of PB at PSG, and then Mbappe to Madrid. I can see Mbappe being a goal scoring machine at Madrid and therefore he will always be in for a shout of PB, and of course MB.

You're not buying for the dividends now, you're buying for the future. Look at Sancho, returned virtually no dividends when football was being played, however since he's been in the media he's rose what, £3-4? Sure he's English and his price has a possible move to United factored in, but he's not as good of a player as Mbappe, nor is his PB.

Is that enough substance for you? I genuinely couldn't care less if you don't think he's a good hold, I'm simply stating advice to someone who's thinking about jumping on him, and I'm all for it.

with the media being opened up he will be a media king, that's simply factual.

Good luck with that, he's obviously been hiding his MB magnet status up until now - just how much, simply factual, lifetime MB has he won so far??

• @Heinstein i have to agree with your argument mate.

I can see why people are a bit sceptical, regarding his current PB output. But if Neymar leaves, Mbappe PB scores will increase, he will also most probably be on pens. Plus he's already shown that he's not bad for MB.

Given his age, plays for France so will go deep into euros/WC, and potential for at least 2 more transfers in his career (maybe even to prem)... whos to say he wont return his price in career div.

Not to mention opening up MB to European sources, as you mentioned. Its the world class players that will benefit more, and Mbappe will defo be up there.

Sancho has also stretched the market, so under 9quid for mbappe doesnt look too bad now.

Has convinced me to join the Mbappe party, will start topping up and use bonus money too.

• @NewUser159387 Haha did you even read what I said? POST MESSI/RONALDO.

Once they retire who will they write about? The next best thing, Mbappe.

Unless you can think of another player who's as good as him? Not counting Neymar of course

• @dp01 You have sense, I salute your decision and I'll be doing the same once I have the funds available.

• @Heinstein actually thats pretty average from a substance point of view. Saying something factual does not make it so. The only bit is where his average PB score is highest for his age, though I would like to see that as I'm surprised TAA isn't there.

I had already addressed the Neymar factor, so don't say I forgot it. But to go deeper. A quick look seems to indicate that 13 times this season in PB qualifying matches mbappe played and Neymar did not. This should worry holders. There is little correlation at the moment that no Neymar means more dividends for mbappe. A move to real Madrid won't necessarily improve anything. He is already a goal machine and little to show for it dividend wise. He may get a bit more media attention, but so far it looks like the media just don't give much a shit about him...

Market sentiment and general market growth may keep him rising and that may be a good reason for people to invest and good luck to them. I'm not saying he's a bad investment because sentiment drives alot here But to say he is guaranteed dividends is misleading to other traders.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Unlike a lot of traders on the forum I have no interest in arguing with fellow traders over our opinions.

He's the 3rd highest priced player on the index for a reason, most traders agree with my rationale, as does the creator of this thread and that's all that needs to be said.

• Good time if it's new money your putting in as your will get your 8 percent aswell, there obviously better options and a lot worse but this time next year he will be worth more, people moan about his pb/mb but they were the same people saying the same about sancho who most likely ending up buying him at a higher price

He's the 3rd highest priced player on the index for a reason, most traders agree with my rationale, as does the creator of this thread and that's all that needs to be said.

Walking alone in the right direction is far better than following the crowd over a cliff but misleading others about the merits of a potentially already overvalued player without being prepared to justify your "facts" or reasoning, despite being faced with plenty of contrary evidence, isn't a very helpful way to contribute to the forum. Many of us on here can politely & respectfully disagree with each others opinion without any animosity, hopefully for the benefit of everyone. All markets need buyers as well as sellers to be able to function so opposing views are useful as well as necessary.

• @NewUser159387 Umm, I'm pretty sure I justified my facts and gave you my evidence, not my fault you chose to ignore it. I quite obviously mentioned multiple times that you'd be buying for the future, yet you can't seem to comprehend that?

It's not in my interest to mislead anyone, I dont even own Mbappe as of now so I wouldnt be gaining anything by offering my insight into him to someone who is asking. Just because you don't agree with my opinions doesn't make them wrong, Mbappe will be an MB king once Messi and Ronaldo retire, you can choose to agree with this or ignore it, as can any other trader out there - I'm not saying anything that is merely untrue which is what you're accusing me off.

I will contribute however I like, if you don't like it you can choose to ignore it? It really isn't difficult.

@Dr-Jan-Itor Unlike a lot of traders on the forum I have no interest in arguing with fellow traders over our opinions.

Come on man, that's a bit of a cop out and unnecessary dig at other traders at what often is respectful debate. If someone is going to pump a player hard, then they should expect debate back. It's not about arguing.

Debate over whether someone is a good investment and why/why not is essential to the health of this forum. Otherwise it will just be like Twitter.

I'm happy to drop it there. I've said what I think and you have as well. But don't have a dig at traders for debating.

• Has anyone who says Mbappe’s PB scores will improve actually watched any PSG games???

He’s not nearly involved in the game enough to get a high score without scoring at least twice... which he does already in a lot of games. And he hasn’t returned many dividends at the moment.

I don’t see him changing his style of play as he then won’t be able to use his best asset, his pace. So I fear people are assuming he’ll start winning without actually having a clue.

• Baffles me that people doubt Mbappe and claim He's the most overpriced player on the index...when you look at players like Cherki and Bellingham who are more than half his price while barely kicking a ball (in pb league in Bellinghams case)

Mbappe is 21.....has won the world cup... scored better than 1 in 3 in international football already and better than 1 in 1.5 in club Senior football.

Add in the likelihood that there'll be a shift in media - which should benefit non uk players... he's the shining light...the main man for France who i fancy to win the Euros as well...throw in a very likely move to probably madrid... Liverpool links etc. And the potential to improve even more which is scary.

He's 21...just because he's been around for so long already dont let that get in your head. Mbappe will be the best player on the planet in the next few years... he's already up there and arguably achieved more than Cristiano and Messi at comparable ages. He's the real deal... he's my biggest hold for all these reasons and I'm in absolutely no rush to sell as he's destined for the top. The fact Sancho is 4quid + more expensive than him still makes me see mbappe as underpriced rather than overpriced.

All aboard the future king!!

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Are you kidding me? The forum is FULL of well known traders who can't help but abuse eachother, and they absolutely love it, that's what I was referring to.

I'm all for debating, but ignoring what I'm saying or speaking in a condescending way isn't appreciated.

Anyway, I have better things to do than argue on a trading forum, hopefully you do too.. all the best with your future trading.