Have most now recovered losses from day the spreads widened.

• Hi Folks .
    Today I find myself in the same position in my port as the day that most football was suspended .
    On a 9k port I dropped £600 fairly quickly but today I find my port again worth 9k .
    I think I have probably faired worse than some as was not a holder of the big MB players .
    But still I am happy to have recovered the losses in the dip. Although it’s only numbers as obviously before the suspension followed by the increase in spreads and the suspension of IS I could have sold my port at any stage . Now of course I am totally locked in for the foreseeable future .
    Not a problem as was always in this for the long run .
    My point of the post is interest in how most stand now in port value compared to pre COVID 19 footy suspension . Anybody prepared to comment be much appreciated .
    Stay safe all .
    Cheers

• @Spot-the-value.

Your situation sounds very much like my own.

I doubled down on players whose prices fell and placed my trust in the platform.

I have since recovered my initial losses and am very much looking forward to the resumption of football.

The bonus at the end of this month makes the decision to invest new money even sweeter.

FI have handled the coronavirus situation like absolute pros. Not only did they keep our investments safe, they allowed us to continue making money whilst the rest of the world was on its financial knees.

All hail the baldy Messiah ... 🤣🥰👍

• @johnboywalker Yep have to agree with you they handled it perfectly .
    They allowed a period of time on IS allowing people to get 60% of their money out if they were desperate . They then closed tgat option to protect the people left . Also threw in some attractive promos to keep interest . Though they got things just about right .

• Roughly up 10% since the worst drop 4/5 weeks ago. Large diverse port with a good few of the big hitters

• @Gregolocky hi . So the 10% is after the drop what did you drop on the drop . If that makes sense .

• @Spot-the-value. said in Have most now recovered losses from day the spreads widened.:

@Gregolocky hi . So the 10% is after the drop what did you drop on the drop . If that makes sense .

3 drops in one sentence. I'm starting to panic again ... 🤣🤣😉

• @johnboywalker it’s been awhile since I treble dropped 🙈

• Profit up by roughly 11.79% since 19th March

i have slowly been moving out of MB players which served me well up to the end of April and increased existing holdings in German PB players

• Joined end of January and never dipped below what I put in and around 6% up and port moving i. Right direction, I also think FI have done a great job, just need to sort out MB thou

• I had a £4k portfolio (cost) which was doing pretty well (£4800 value) but lost nearly all the gains I had made (value dropped to about £4050) very quickly when Covid-19 struck and they announced the suspension of games. I was too slow to react and I may have IS a large part of my portfolio had I foreseen the 'crash'. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't.

Once the spreads widened, I sure as hell wasn't going to IS then, so like a lot or traders had to wait it out. After a couple of days reflection and after seeing the prices of the PB players plummet, I decided that I would deposit to take advantage of the prices (and the promotion). I must admit, I didn't plan to deposit £4500 but the more I looked at the drops and graphs of the PB players in the £1 - £2 range, I just saw so much value.

So I now have an £8800 portfolio (cost ) which is worth £9900, full of PB players ready for when football starts. I may have missed out on the MB dividends in the meantime but it's a strategy that works for me.

• I barely had a dip at all, and am currently sitting at an all time high. My port has been absolutely flying for the past 3 weeks. Sold off a big chunk of Rashford and reinvested it lower down the market. All of those picks have been steadily rising since.

I keep expecting to get caught in a dip, but it's not arrived yet. I'm expecting a small crash for Bruno which is why I'm trying to cut my hold by a third. Currently trying to make a decent soft exit on both Kane and Bruno but the sell queue is pretty deep. I'm hoping to get sold before the end of the deposit bonus.

• Dropped just over 7%, finally got back to that point today, very few mb holds so has all been cap app to recover bar about 1% from messi mb

• Up 18% since it all went to shit mainly because of Bruno and Rashford but i have noticed my portfolio is really moving as a whole today, the only 2 to have no movement are Santon and Ox

• Hi,
    Yeh I have a much smaller port than you but dropped quite significantly.Today is pretty well back to pre covid.
    cheers

• Recovered my losses of around 3% and made 2% on top. Considering I have sold 65% of my port (17k now) i'm quite pleased with that.

It might be of interest to people that my port is selling much more quickly now than it did a week ago even though i'd sold off more of my 'premium' holds. Money is starting to trickle down into the cheaper holds.

• I'm £200 off my all time high. Very happy with that as that includes a time when Bruno was £1 more than he is now and I've over a 1000 Bruno. I'm due over £1k from bonus so far so depending on how much of a sell off there is my final position at end of the month could be acceptable in the worst economic crisis since the 30's.

• I dropped 6% and now I’m up 10% on that massive 16% swing; although I will have to time getting out of my media holds or I’ll be back down 😬

• Banned

I am at an alltime high and never really had much of a drop.

• @THFC1972 said in Have most now recovered losses from day the spreads widened.:

Joined end of January and never dipped below what I put in and around 6% up and port moving i. Right direction, I also think FI have done a great job, just need to sort out MB thou

I joined same time as you THFC and I have never gone into red and from other posts us newer folk seem to have suffered less than some of the stalwarts. I have made a lot of mistakes though, panic selling etc but most of my £1600 port is on the up now.

I think FI have done well and I have been fortunate to be in work still and able to top up regularly. If I doubted FI for a minute I would have stopped putting in money.

Stay safe everyone.