£2000 to invest

• I have £2000 to invest. But the players I have been watching have risen quite a lot.

Should I buy now or wait till after the 8.25% promotion an then buy off the back of that? Do people think there will be price drops?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• I.would suggest buying before to get the 8.25% bonus and maybe split the stake and get 2 x players, maybe Kane, Rodrygo or Isak as they will all increase in orice.

• Personally I would buy within the promotion. Whilst there may be some dips with certain players, you’ll have the comfort of the deposit bonus. I’d look at PB players whose prices have plateaud since peaks, maybe an injured player who will benefit from COVID break etc. Others may disagree

• Yeah buying now will give you 8.25% unlikely to be a big dip just people market listing so either go for media buys who will earn you divs and be up and down in price; or prep for the new season now.

• No brainier! Get it in as soon as possible. It’ll make you £170 straight off.
    There will be rises in the next few days as the people try and steal the last bit of bonus. Kane’s a great bet.

• Thanks for the feedback. Now it’s where to stick my money. I already have done Kane shares.

Who do people think are still very much undervalued?

• @Bezz82

Invest the money now and get the bonus mate.

Personally, I see massive potential value in defenders.

There are only 18 defenders in the current top 200. They are massively undervalued on the platform at present.

It might take 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years, but at some point, they will catch up with the rest of the platform. If you aren't bothered about timescales, that's where I'd be sticking my money.

• INVEST IN THE LORD AND SAVIOUR ROBIN GOSENS

• @johnboywalker do you really think so ? I was so wing back oriented (Mykolenko, Semedo, Bernat, Bednarek, Max, Gosens) until I stopped buying them. No doubt good value but I started to diversify to strikers instead. It almost scared me that there were only 17 defenders in the Top 200, surely that means lower ceiling ?

Or do you think this will change in years to come?

• @Bezz82 go £1-£1.5 players.

• Trying to think of players who haven't risen yet. Demiral, Bennacer? Also just wanted to put the name Leonardo Balerdi out there- don't think he's worth his own thread but Dortmund CB- 21y, 61p interesting one to research with Zagadou injury.

• If I’m allowed to pump....
    have a peek at Jordi Alba. 81p, down from a high of 1.19. Starts at full back for Barca, gets forwards score sometimes, assists regularly. Once footie starts again there is nothing to stop him hitting his high again which is nearly a 50% ROI.

• @KingJimoT said in £2000 to invest:

@johnboywalker do you really think so ? I was so wing back oriented (Mykolenko, Semedo, Bernat, Bednarek, Max, Gosens) until I stopped buying them. No doubt good value but I started to diversify to strikers instead. It almost scared me that there were only 17 defenders in the Top 200, surely that means lower ceiling ?

Or do you think this will change in years to come?

I think that the platform will always look to address if certain areas appear undervalued.

Every player, regardless of position on the pitch should have a fair opportunity to win dividends.

At the minute, the PB matrix favours players that take set pieces, which is usually the responsibility of the creative midfielder (Kroos, Pjanic et al). The PB matrix favours those that take penalties ... often the goalscoring forward (Salah, Lewandowski et al).

They tried to incentivise the purchase of goalkeepers with the introduction of a clean sheet IPD bonus. That idea didnt really take off.

So who's to say that they won't extend this to include a clean sheet IPD bonus for defenders also. They already tried to help out defenders with the 2p goal bonus, but it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

If there is one thing I've learned whilst on this platform, it is that the goal posts are constantly in motion. 🤔

• For the records I do hold , I think luka jovic is a good punt I can see him leaving Madrid for the premier league possibly back to Germany but I think that would be a step backwards for him as two Bayern clubs are ok for strikers , Chelsea Tottenham arsenal all showed previous interest and the odd story keeps popping up about a move at worst he may agree to a loan move and I’m sure there would be a haul of clubs looking at that option

• One I don’t hold but would like to , Gabriel martinelli I think his game tome will increase massively next season at arsenal and a good run could push his price around the £5 mark in my opinion

• @Lloyddavies

I don't think Madrid will let Jovic go, unless they are certain they have a replacement.

One injury to Benzema and the team are impotent. Zidane has never liked Mariano.

Admittedly, on the odd occasion Jovic has been given game time this season, he looked so out of place in that team. Not a question of ability, more the fact that his style of play and Zidanes tactics appear incompatible.

• @johnboywalker agree I don’t think he fits the club and would be better off being the main man which arsenal can give him I think , whether or not Madrid will sell I think depends on who they bring in and if Mariano is to leave also auba could go the other way possibly

• @Lloyddavies said in £2000 to invest:

@johnboywalker agree I don’t think he fits the club and would be better off being the main man which arsenal can give him I think , whether or not Madrid will sell I think depends on who they bring in and if Mariano is to leave also auba could go the other way possibly

That's the thing. Jovic doesn't have to move to make you money. There will definitely be rumours and Arsenal get linked with almost every unhappy player out there ...

I just don't think Madrid will cut their losses so soon ...

Never forget, this lad scored 5 goals in a Bundesliga game back on 19 October 2019. Some forward are lucky to score that many goals in a season ... 🤣

• @johnboywalker yeh a good turn of events for him and taking a spot from benzema would give him a spike in price to although zizi loves benzema but I think some game time will do him well and a couple of goals for confidence , yeh I Remember watching the highlights he should’ve had another season there before a move

• Is Jovic in prison in Serbia for breaking Coronavirus curfew 😜?