Big Decisions Coming Up

• Hi Guys the last few days my portfolio has been hitting new all time highs. I have put another £13k or so in to make the most of the bonus. The Footie keeps hitting all time highs, looks like lots of money going into the index and all looks bright despite the outside world falling apart around us.
    However, the bonus ends next Thursday and that usually means a mass sell of. The 5 media payout ends the followingThursday.
    FI have declared that they will make a decision regarding media payouts week commencing 24th April (typical FI only they start the week on a Friday).
    What should they do to keep the good times rolling?
    What do you expect them to do?
    What are you going to do?

• @LittleFish
    I imagine they'll extend the existing MB promotion or freshen it up with another MB-focused offer in the short term. If, as many are expecting, the Bundesliga announces a start date for the recommencement of football, FI may announce a PB-focused promotion to kick in when games start again.,

Personally, even if we experience a post-bonus dip, I'll be sitting tight. If the drop is significant then I may even top up on my favourite holds.

• I am nearly £2k up since football went on lockdown - part of me wants to keep my money in, but with everything being so uncertain I am not sure if to sell anyone that is not dragging in decent media divs and lock in that profit and have a cash balance OR.

One hour my head says 'leave as it is'.

The other hour my head says stay awake and list all my players a minute after minute and take advantage of full bonus period and then lock the profit in and start over again.

Really not sure, its a lot of profit in such a short period of time - and all trends and form of footballers is going to be out the window when it all starts again - its going to be like the start of the season again and everyone buys PUKKI :-)

• There is always a bit of a drop after a bonus period, but it always comes back within days. Also with the spreads it will be harder to sell off.

To be honest there are many more reasons why money is flying in than just the bonus - people have nothing else to spend money on right now, refunds from cancelled holidays and events are coming in, and money normally allocated for traditional betting is coming here due to no sport.

FI will probably do some kind of incentive not to pull out cash, but I doubt it will be too big.

• @kristiang85
    Yep agree.
    These rises can’t just be attributed to bonus.
    Reckon shed load of itchy sports gamblers have dived into FI.
    Saying that I’ve chosen this time to sell and lock in profits and dividends. First time ever I haven’t taken advantage of the bonus scheme.

• Walks in 🤐

Walks out 🤫

• @Millerman-again my thoughts too. That's why I think FI have a big decision to make. They need to announce it before midnight 23rd otherwise there could be a lot of listing and the usual panic knee jerk reaction from those who haven't seen the carnage of a bonus sell off.
    Plus we need to know what the media situation will be as this will help crystallise thoughts on what to do with bonus payments.

• @Millerman-again

Why don’t u do what I’ve done.
    sell a percentage of your portfolio to de risk , see what pans out and move accordingly at a later date. You’ll be covered both ways.

Thing that gets me is if there is no football for 3-4 months, where does it leave the players who have risen sharply but have no mb dividend chance.
    It’s gonna be carnage.

People have over exposed themselves further due to the bonus....fair enough if you’ve bought pogba, Kane, Bruno, Neymar etc. Very risky otherwise

• @King-Fergus Yeah - I got really lucky and instant sold and took a mini hit of £300 quid the day football went into lockdown, and then bought Top 10 trackers and a shit load of Rashford, as I say im around £2k up now.

I think I may do as you say and sell up on the ones that have made not bad CA but have been dragging nack all MB in - so Mbappe, Halaand, TAA, Foden, Werner and Grealish may be flogged - that will bring in £1.5k of cash and lock in around £200's worth of profit (as all the rest is sat in the MB players who have also risen greatly).

My divs (since last week) are now going in random sub £1 players who play in Germany and hopefully will catch a little wave in the next month.

0_1587115113103_upload-949a1a3e-60ed-477e-81df-a11d45f1bf86

• @LittleFish I'm actually looking to invest a large sum that I've had sat doing nothing from a house sale. It would triple my current 5 figure port. Just wish I had done it a few weeks ago! Just trying to time my buys now to get most bang for my buck. As I see it football will be back one way or another in the not to distant future and the nearer we get to football resuming the more the index will go up.

• @King-Fergus said in Big Decisions Coming Up:

@Millerman-again

Why don’t u do what I’ve done.
    sell a percentage of your portfolio to de risk , see what pans out and move accordingly at a later date. You’ll be covered both ways.

Thing that gets me is if there is no football for 3-4 months, where does it leave the players who have risen sharply but have no mb dividend chance.
    It’s gonna be carnage.

People have over exposed themselves further due to the bonus....fair enough if you’ve bought pogba, Kane, Bruno, Neymar etc. Very risky otherwise

Not everyone looks short term

• @Impulsesplurger hurry up and put it in. The run up to the end of a bonus period usually gets prices moving north. I've £4k more to put in to get full £1500 payout. Was waiting to see if someone else might dominate MB for the next few days. Looks like it maybe more Kane for me.

• The Footie will go up because of the lack of instant sell regardless.

Positive its by so much but i don't think its a true reflection.

When the spreads close up, then it will be interesting to see where it goes. It could be that the thought of new football offsets it. Lets hope they get the timing right on that.

• @LittleFish ya, things is the bonus wont cover my whole investment. I'm taking a fairly long term view on about 75% of the investment so not looking to lump it just on media. Your right though I dont think there will be much of a dip after promo.

• @Impulsesplurger nice to get free money though.

• @LittleFish absolutely. What I'm saying is it only pays out £1500 on net buys doesnt it? So wont get the 8.25% on the whole lot

• @Impulsesplurger said in Big Decisions Coming Up:

I'm actually looking to invest a large sum that I've had sat doing nothing from a house sale. It would triple my current 5 figure port. Just wish I had done it a few weeks ago! Just trying to time my buys now to get most bang for my buck. As I see it football will be back one way or another in the not to distant future and the nearer we get to football resuming the more the index will go up.

If you deposit & (net) spend upto £18200 of it before next Thursday 23rd, you will immediately benefit from £1500 "free cash" from the 8.25% bonus, which looks like a bit of a no brainer. If you need the money available in the short/medium term then put it into more liquid players ( for example Top 50) if not the Bundeslegue is most likely to benefit from being first back & although has seen some rises already it's going to attract all the attention in the short term, so still plenty of money to be made. Obviously only risk what you're prepared to lose but some tasty looking bargain prices available right now IMO.

• @NewUser159387 👍good advice. Yeah I will go quite diverse and keep some more liquid for short term trading

• They are going to have to do something to keep the liquidity moving.

Bonus payments will stimulate a little movement as people put them back in but after that i'm not sure what will happen.

Everyone will have spent any spare funds to get bonus so very little new money will be coming in. Instant sell I presume will still be off so there will be virtually no movement unless they create some which I expect they will. Just no idea what

• @Impulsesplurger
    It’s called de risking and hedging your investments
    Ie some long term littered with short term.
    Apparently there’s no football, people are making shit loads in mb dividends right now