Dividends



  • Lots of different ways to make profit on FI but dividends is presently way forward & CASH in ur account

    Just for comparison as I’m no big fish:

    Myself :18 months on here £1240 dividends



  • 10% of deposits already returned via divs for me.
    That's with monthly deposits. Hoping I will now stop depositing except at the start of any big bonus offers. So will be good to watch how quick divs % goes up now.



  • Just over a year, 11% dividends return on deposits.



  • Almost at 9 months in, about 9.5% returned in dividends on a 5k port



  • Dividends make up about 10% of people's portfolio. The other 90% is made from capital appreciation.

    Some people chase dividends. (10%)

    Smart people chase capital appreciation (90%)



  • @Ericali I am not chasing anything, I am putting my feet up, doing nothing and the money keeps on rolling in.

    I was at about 18% dividends return until this recent bonus, plus banks dropping interest rates, sucked me into another deposit.

    The compound interest on my dividends return is also flying and also earning more dividends. So many ways to make money on here, that's what the smart people acknowledge 😉



  • @Ericali so what does that make people who loaded up on Bruno when he was under £5? ha ha



  • The true value of dividends is often underrepresented.

    If you win £10 in dividends tonight and you buy 10 shares in a £1 player, who then spikes to £1.50 where you sell, where do you attribute that 50% profit, dividends or capital appreciation?



  • @LittleFish gamblers. 👍

    The move hadn't gone through



  • @Martyn-B said in Dividends:

    @Ericali I am not chasing anything, I am putting my feet up, doing nothing and the money keeps on rolling in.

    I was at about 18% dividends return until this recent bonus, plus banks dropping interest rates, sucked me into another deposit.

    The compound interest on my dividends return is also flying and also earning more dividends. So many ways to make money on here, that's what the smart people acknowledge 😉

    Good for you. The easy life 👍

    Plan on doing it myself once I break 7-figures.

    Until then though, I'll chase CA.



  • 20k deposits, 30k port, 2.8k divvies, 1.4k bonuses since jan last year



  • @nicky540 so is that 5.8k in CA? 🤔

    I've never seen an account where the dividends outweigh the CA.



  • @Ericali maybe someone who solely plays ipd game and many flips... Where the rises cover commission and the divs are the profit.

    Think your 10% figure is a good balance

    % are meaningless to me cos I deposit and withdraw so much and have overall negative net deposits.... But I have £5900 divs without chasing them... Split probably 30% to pogba and neymar mb... 30% to ipds (primarily; dzeko, immobile, lewandowski) 20% to Messi, neymar, TAA pb... 20% the rest



  • @Ericali said in Dividends:

    @nicky540 so is that 5.8k in CA? 🤔

    I've never seen an account where the dividends outweigh the CA.

    Ye 5.8k ish CA, almost half my divs have been from pogba and neymar as I went quite big on them when I started and rode all the dips along the way still holding strong



  • 18 months in
    Roughly 17% dividends return of deposits.
    Less than 2% commission paid of deposits.
    99% total profit all included
    Haven’t deposited in 9 months ( 1 small deposit to update card )
    Never withdrawn cash so far.
    Will probably look to streamline the port once football returns.
    Too many player at the moment ( 83 ), wanna get down below 50.


Log in to reply