What Percentage Of Your Portfolio Is Premium Holds?(Poll)

• How much of your port contains Premium Holds? Premium holds I've set at the Top 10 highest price players. Are premium holds must haves? Does anybody not hold any/many but doing a roaring trade? I'm interested to hear people's thought.

• Banned

68% currently and largely avoid any large drops/

90.05% Annual IRR

• I've given my answer in terms of cash investment. I hold only 2. Pogba and kane but have a little over 6k spread between them which is a little over 33% of my port.

In terms of the number of players I hold, excluding single shares, it's about 13%. The temptation is to sell them to give me the cash to really buy into a good few of the players I would like to hold for when footy returns, but one thing I've taken from recent events is that having previously turned my back on MB altogether, I do think that going forward I will always keep 2-3 MB players in my port to keep some fairly predictable divs coming in.

It may be that I swap my Pogs for Neymars from time to time, or perhaps my Kanes for Rashfords or whatever, if I feel that circumstances are suited to such a trade, but I will now keep an MB (premium) presence in my portfolio

• Interesting exercise! In my current 23-man port, only 5 players are premium holds (EBH, Bruno, Maddison, Werner and Grealish). But they account for 75% of my port value.

I have premiums in my port because they are the ones winning dividends more regularly. I use those dividends to buy other players or top-up existing ones.

• In cash value I assumed

• 18.4% of cash value in Pogba and Neymar. Would have been a lot higher percentage but my recent deposit was targeted at lower end of the market for PB bargains. At one point I had 21% in just Pogba and that felt overexposed, especially when sitting at a big loss for a long time.

Premium holds pay dividends, literally, which is the reason they are premium. Or the hope that they will return future dividends.

• I've got no top 10 players at the minute. To invest in a decent amount of shares of premium holds would dominate my portfolio and leave myself
    really exposed. They are not easy to get out of either.

What is a decent amount of shares to see a decent return though? Maybe I'm not doing the maths right.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith I have between 24-60 (and bought when much cheaper too) and the returns are great.
    It is a myth that you need to hold many.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    Oh and they are very easy to get out of

• @MrWh1te That's interesting. I've created another poll to determine what folks biggest holds are in this market. Surprised your making decent gains at that level. Its never been better time for premium holds at minute. I worry long term. Ive dabbled in the past. Can't say I enjoyed it but I'd like to hold some.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    I largely avoid the drops others get.

I worked out my IRR, its 90% a year

• @MrWh1te said in What Percentage Of Your Portfolio Is Premium Holds?(Poll):

@Dalian-Smith
    I largely avoid the drops others get.

I worked out my IRR, its 90% a year

Avoiding drops. Are you in and out of premium holds? That's another thing that puts me off. Exiting is more expensive than my more cheaper holds.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith I once held Neymar and sold up on a spike. I buy in when cheap (I bought Neymar when rape allegations landed and the video surfaced, I bought Kane when injured)

I buy on a drop and I hold long term, I rarely trade.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    So when drops come, I can just ride them out. And generally, if one drops, others rise so my port always goes up. My port rarely falls.

• @MrWh1te I think that is the secret to it. I'd like to get involved but ive got to wait i fancy for the right opportunity. A few days or so before a deposit bonus? I'll think about it.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    yeah just time it. here are my buy prices
    0_1587326608892_upload-17d0a05b-ab6c-4412-8e51-8e52dbf620ae

• @MrWh1te Thanks mate that's been a real insight into how to play premium holds. Wait your moment and be prepared to stick with it for the long haul.👍