Russia vs Saudi Arabia

• Hey Guys

Any tips for players involved in the 1st match of the World Cup?

Cheers

AndyP

• I don't fancy either to go further than the second stage but Russia do have some decent players and the CSKA lad who scored last night Golovin is probably their golden boy.

Other than that the Miranchuk twins at Lokomotiv could have a good WC and I've always been a fan of Alan Dzagoev... Not sure on their defence these days as the Berezutski brothers are retired and doubt if they will have anyone of real value? Russians don't seem to travel well so any purchases for me would be solely for a matchday flip.

I'll probably be backing a home win 1-0 or 2-1 or at best for Saudi a 1-1 draw but don't know a lot about them other than they've just been thumped 4-0 by Belgium. (they did draw 1-1 with Ukraine though)

The most notable player is Mohammad Al Sahlawi but he's 31 so although he might get a goal in the WC he's not likely to get a move anywhere after? Omar Hawsawi has been kicking around for years at centre half whilst Yehya Al Shehri is a tiny left winger who could raise a few eyebrows.

Not the most glamorous of games to open the competition though so might be worth having a few futures in Golovin to make it interesting????

• Has to be Golovin

• Smolov once IPO’d no other strikers who can score in there team the other one is out of the World Cup with injury & Dzyuba may get in squad but not in a top 5 league can’t remember there names but the two brothers beginning with M are pretty shit hot too

• @Chicken-Badge miranchuk

• I thought this thread was going to be about 'who is worse from a moral standpoint'.

Disappointed, ngl...