Dwight McNeil

• This is more for Burnley fans or anyone who watches him regularly.

I'm curious to know more about how his last 6 months has gone and where his future lies. I originally bought him about 3 months ago. I was speaking to a Burnley fan in October and he spoke about this lad with a wizard left wand and what intrigued me was how there was a super talented English youngster that very few people seemed to be talking about. So eventually I got him and have been very happy having him in my port.

Now I'm at crossroads with my holding. I've made a 62p profit (33%) which is decent but not spectacular. Part of me wonders whether I should sell him and lock in the profit. And on the flip sidepart of me is tempted to double down as well.

So I would be curious to know what your thoughts are on him and whether he is living up to the hype

• I like what I have seen and will be buying soon as lad looks a talent, some beautiful deliveries with his left peg.

• I bought a while back and have just sold recently I think with all what’s going on he’s less likely to move this year so can see potential drop and maybe buy back later on

• He is only going to go onto bigger and better things as far as i can tell.

Young
    English
    Hasn't been called up yet
    Currently at a small club so transfer spec ahead of him
    has a PB suited game

I would say that given that his graph has not risen much over the last 3 months is a positive in that he should not suffer as much fall out once the bonus period is up, however there are enough potential milestones ahead of him that make him a low risk player with enormous potential upside long term.

• I think he’s a quality player that will kick on in next year or two.
    Love to see him at a bigger club where he can showcase his technique.

• I’m a Burnley season ticket holder so watch him every week. He’s my biggest hold on FI by a long way and I’m putting the money I get from the deposit bonus into him too.

It might not mean much from a Burnley fan...! But he’s the most talented player I’ve seen play for us. He’s unbelievably good and getting better and better every week. Can beat a man, pinpoint crossing, takes half of our set pieces (depending on which side the corner/free kick is), played for England U21s and was asked to train with the full team squad and was singled out by Southgate for praise and he’s so unlucky not to have more goals this season, they will definitely come.

• @NewUser252969 Just seen an article about him on Sky Sports too which ranks him in first place for Burnley for assists, chances created, open play crosses, dribbled attempted and possession won in final third.

• He’s a Maddison or Grealish waiting to happen IMO. Move and price rise only a matter of time surely.

• Good player. Kind of a bargain when you compare to other players at his age. Don't see him going to a big team yet, maybe a team like Everton or Newcastle (with there billions). Would be interesting as well with whats happened, Burnley don't have big finances so may have to sell?

• Watch him a lot too and he is a quality player. Great left foot on him and produces some great crosses. Certain potential to rise in price and should also bring some transfer speculation down the line too.

• @NewUser252969 thank you. This is the exact thing I was looking for.. Realistically how long do you think you can hold him (I'm a Southampton fan so I'm not gloating over that, I fully know what it is like to lose most talented players!). And where does your gut tell you he will end up

• @Dr-Jan-Itor I think without all this that’s going on he would have left this summer. That’s not really based on anything other than I just think he’s too good not to be noticed by bigger clubs/clubs with more cash!

He was linked with Newcastle before, and if they end up with mega cash, maybe that could be a possible destination for him. I’d hope he’d stick with us though if that’s the only move on the table for him and wait for one of the bigger clubs to come calling.

• Not usually one for watching highlight reels on YouTube, but had a watch of this one of Dwight McNeil, if Burnley could finish he’d comfortably have 10+ more assists 🤣https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s4AmmIpcr48

• I ended up doubling down on him after this thread. He is now one of my biggest holds in terms of futures. If I look at the trend of the biggest risers over the last couple of weeks, it is all the young guns in the PB leagues. Odegaard, Havertz, Foden, Tonali, TAA, Haaland, Rashford and others. The way it has been targeted makes me think it is a few whales (either new to FI or existing) working together and snapping these up and causes big waves.

My gut tells me if is the next tier down of young guns that will see the next wave of money, which Mcneil would be high up on the list. Those top tier just need to pull away a little further and then all of a sudden players like McNeil look tremendous value in comparison. Young, PB talents seem to be the safest holds on FI at the moment and think it only a matter of time before a player like McNeil has a sudden 50p growth

• @ChazFI123 said in Dwight McNeil:

Not usually one for watching highlight reels on YouTube, but had a watch of this one of Dwight McNeil, if Burnley could finish he’d comfortably have 10+ more assists 🤣https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s4AmmIpcr48

I noticed him in one game a while ago when he was around £1.50 and thought "deffo too good for burnley".

Didn't buy though, got sidetracked

Big regret!

He's still cheap though I guess

• Yeah I agree with the general concensus he's got it all going for him!

•one of the best PB performers in his age bracket
    •20 years old
    •English
    •Inevitable transfer links/move
    •very under priced compared to the likes of Foden, Grealish, Madisson etc.

• @ScouseSte to be honest I didn’t realise how good he is at travelling with the ball, I thought he was a bit like Matt Jarvis, just sticks to left wing and only crosses it. Seems a really bright prospect and £2.50 ish for an U’21 English player with probable transfer spec seems quite cheap

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in Dwight McNeil:

I ended up doubling down on him after this thread. He is now one of my biggest holds in terms of futures. If I look at the trend of the biggest risers over the last couple of weeks, it is all the young guns in the PB leagues. Odegaard, Havertz, Foden, Tonali, TAA, Haaland, Rashford and others. The way it has been targeted makes me think it is a few whales (either new to FI or existing) working together and snapping these up and causes big waves.

My gut tells me if is the next tier down of young guns that will see the next wave of money, which Mcneil would be high up on the list. Those top tier just need to pull away a little further and then all of a sudden players like McNeil look tremendous value in comparison. Young, PB talents seem to be the safest holds on FI at the moment and think it only a matter of time before a player like McNeil has a sudden 50p growth

Exactly this.

I’ve been meaning to buy in for ages, finally had a cash balance for 300 the other day.. waiting on a sale so I can double up on that minimum.

Young, good PB, English, best player on his team and ripe for a transfer in the next year or two.. a perfect FI combo.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to look at Grealish for a comparison, albeit he is a couple of years ahead.

• 3p spread suggests he is in demand right now!

• Good player - just needs to be a little more selfish & add goals to his game to go to the next level.

Wish we had never let him go. 👍