Is Maddison a good hold?

• I'm interested in Maddison but I'm not sure, seems to be on a dip in price and form with just 1 goal/0 assists in the last 13 prem games, is he still on every set piece besides pens? Is he good enough to be a long term starter for England? PB is good but it's looking increasingly likely that he'll stay at Leicester so won't be much of a media player, thoughts?

• Overrated in my opinion

• @NallyCat

I don't hold as he is out of my price range.

I believe he just recently signed a new contract so he will remain at Leicester next season. This is not necessarily a bad thing for his development, but I believe his current price had Man Utd rumours factored in.

He will still produce excellent PB scores next season and will eventually move to a bigger club than Leicester.

Wherever I have seen him play over the years, be it Aberdeen, Norwich or Leicester, he has always been head and shoulders above the rest and wherever he ends up, I am confident he will continue to excel.

• You’re probably best to keep him in mind and buy him once he’s playing and doing well again. You’re best off missing out on say his first 2% rise rather than waiting months for a rise which may not come. I speak from experience here.

As he went into the Covid-19 break in poor form, I don’t think people will be buying into him during this period, he’s not an exciting hold when football isn’t on.

That being said, he’s a great player, I do see him breaking into the England side and he’s probably going to either get a big transfer or he’ll play CL football with Leicester. Not a bad hold but if it was me I’d put my money into someone else, perhaps short term, to get some decent returns then go into Maddison later,

• I have held since £2 something. You are right he hasn’t been in great form but as a Leicester fan I can assure you he is on every free kick and corner. We should be in CL next year and he is a very good PB player....he is also very unlucky with a good few 2nd places!

He was never going to leave this summer. Looking at how the market is heading he looks a good price, will likely only rise in the basis of PB strength, England exposure and a transfer in next 2 years. Leicester put all our players on decent contracts but if we do sell it will be another Maguire saga, personally i think summer of 2021. Plenty of spikes to sell coming!

• No, doesn't do much taking all the set pieces - still not scored a 250 PB even with that.

Leicester aren't a side that get thumped every week either, so he hasn't the excuse Grealish has for example of not getting the win bonuses.

If he moved Manchester United he would be off the set-pieces & may get Fred 50% of the corners.

Not worth the money in my opinion.

• @NallyCat it's an over used phrase on this forum and I find it a bit lazy, but I think you've answered your own question when you said he wont be much of a media player. Therefore at £4.27 he has to be pretty close to being an elite PB player to justify his price let alone grow. He is certainly capable of bug peak scores but my worry would be Leicester themselves. They've done really well this season bug have they over performed? Will he be on the winning side as often next season as he has this? I'm not sure. He has age on his side by comparison to many of the very best PB players, but is not at an elite club the way many of them are, so I'd call him a risk

• @Ericali said in Is Maddison a good hold?:

No, doesn't do much taking all the set pieces.

If he moved Manchester United for example he would be off the set-pieces & may get Fred 50% of the corners.

Not worth the money in my opinion.

Won PB few times this season without scoring or assisting. When his form goes up he will be a contender each week!
    At Man Utd his PB game would suffer but it wouldn’t be this summer anyway. He could end up at Arsenal summer 2021.
    Many reasons why he could go up rather than down and with the market set to grow and little movement on his growth during Covid that says people believe in him.

• @MickTurbo said in Is Maddison a good hold?:

@NallyCat it's an over used phrase on this forum and I find it a bit lazy, but I think you've answered your own question when you said he wont be much of a media player. Therefore at £4.27 he has to be pretty close to being an elite PB player to justify his price let alone grow. He is certainly capable of bug peak scores but my worry would be Leicester themselves. They've done really well this season bug have they over performed? Will he be on the winning side as often next season as he has this? I'm not sure. He has age on his side by comparison to many of the very best PB players, but is not at an elite club the way many of them are, so I'd call him a risk

I think your PC has a bug

• @Archer22 he's won 11p in PB by all accounts....

And his price has been dropping since November prior to Convid-19 taking hold on player prices

0_1587491070056_Screenshot_20200421-184243.png

• I hold and monitoring closely. Will top up if drops much more, as bound to get a rise at some point eg when Leicester's CL campaign nears or when called up by England.

• Ultimately the lads got England to come regularly and a transfer. You say he’s underachieved PB but you point out yourself that he hasn’t had many goals or assists, it is only likely to improve as Leicester get stronger. Leicester have been poor since January too without Ndidi and Vardy for periods.

For those comparing to Grealish, Grealish has had one good season, now I’m not saying he’s not a very tidy player but you can’t assume he will all of a sudden become a decent PB player at a club where he will have a far lower share of possession.

• @Ericali said in Is Maddison a good hold?:

@Archer22 he's won 11p in PB by all accounts....

And his price has been dropping since November prior to Convid-19 taking hold on player prices

0_1587491070056_Screenshot_20200421-184243.png

Sorry I meant he hasn’t seen a huge drop since covid, I appreciate he has fallen generally for a while but it would only take a moment of magic from him in a CL game or a strong end to the season to get up past £5. Ultimately if you don’t think he’s capable of that fair enough but I watch Leicester week in week out and am confident in him.

I think you once also said he would never get past £4?

• @Archer22 I don't ever remember saying that to be honest..... Have a good look 👍 😉

I distinctly remember calling him overpriced when he was £5+ though.

• I’ll remember to message when he bags in the CL next season ;)