Euro 2021 - country fact packs = profit.

• Starting to play about with each country with an eye on 2021 Euro's.

Below is the starting point for putting together some fact pacts for us to use as a community.

0_1587495890550_upload-2637c154-bd59-4d3e-b5bb-8e318f0f947c

So I put the basics on based on the squads (sofascore) - who they play for, contract end dates and current price and price of 11.03 (virus shutdown date).

Thinking of putting how many games, goals, assists, clean sheets in the quals for country and also avg rating (all sofascore) - thinking of also putting on the number of media spots and any position wins and overall player wins.

What do people think? What is required in your opinions, whats not? Thinking of also putting price maps on for each play with date of qual game so people can see trends of when prices go up and down based on International games (could be useful for the WC Quals when they start).

Anyway - what do people think? If its worth it? Would it be of help to track by country and have a 1 stop shop per country for people to chat about them?

• @Millerman-again 1 minor thing, I dont know whether you've taken these players positions for elsewhere, but on FI Gregoritsch is now a FWD

• @MickTurbo MORNING mate, yeah that was just first draft - all info pulled from Sofascore - will double check it today with FI positions as keepers obviously should be under DEF and start to put a few more bits of info in and see where it goes.

• Very useful idea.
    I'm non stop having to regoogle the same info as I forget if someone listed as yugoslavian on fi is in the Serbia team etc
    I'd add a pb average and number of pb scores over 200- I could help find that info if you don't have index gain.
    Maybe set piece Takers?

• @Westy nice one - wonder if creating a shared googledoc for anyone wanting to get involved may be a way forward?

• @Millerman-again I'd be game to help. Got 2 FI based projects to finish at the moment first though in amongst working from home. But we have plenty of time 👍

• @Westy said in Euro 2021 - country fact packs = profit.:

@Millerman-again I'd be game to help. Got 2 FI based projects to finish at the moment first though in amongst working from home. But we have plenty of time 👍

Dropped you a PM mate.

• Think this is a great idea, PB scores where possible are great - maybe some international stats like appearances in last 12 months? If you don't know the national team its not necessarily easy to work out likely starting line ups / fringe players was my thinking.

Are you planning on doing them for the playoff teams as well?

• @Millerman-again nice and you’ve started with one of the nations I looked at and purchased players from last December.

Got 2/3 on my watchlist which I plan to use my bonus money on.

• Cheers for your feedback gang - in work at the moment (seems there is movement around the world for kids going back to school in some countries and in turn them wanting exams taking) I work for an exam board and I have never been busier!!!! So this is something I am going to have a tickle about on an evening (also trainging for a 110 mile ultra in Aug - so that takes a couple of hours a day (dont tell the covid police - I run close to where I live - just round in twatting circles!!!)).

Hopefully I can work with people to create something that is useful.

• @Millerman-again if I can do anything to help let me know

• @Diamond-Tiger said in Euro 2021 - country fact packs = profit.:

@Millerman-again if I can do anything to help let me know

Any good at website design lol - im an ideas man with zero web building ability :-)

• Hinteregger is missing for Austria... Was he injured for the squad you picked? Have to find a way of using the pool of players not just a particular squad. 45 caps... I'd hope he makes the Euro squad.

• @Vespasian32 said in Euro 2021 - country fact packs = profit.:

Hinteregger is missing for Austria... Was he injured for the squad you picked? Have to find a way of using the pool of players not just a particular squad. 45 caps... I'd hope he makes the Euro squad.

https://www.sofascore.com/team/football/austria/4718 this is where I took the base data from - as others have said I need to cleanse this against player positions from FI. The example was to get exactly what is happining and that is a discussion to see if this would be helpful for people.

Tonight I am going to look at a couple of price graphs based on matches between March 2019 with dates of qualification match and look at price rise and dip - then look at trends.

• @Millerman-again definitely going to be a useful tool. As others have said I currently Google for squads then manually check one by one their prices and recent price movements in FI

• @Vespasian32 I have a website to host it all on, but I can't do web stuff lol.

So happy to do the graft and get all the info and then pass on to someone to update their site.

Looking forward to create something that will be used by people.

• @Diamond-Tiger said in Euro 2021 - country fact packs = profit.:

Think this is a great idea, PB scores where possible are great - maybe some international stats like appearances in last 12 months? If you don't know the national team its not necessarily easy to work out likely starting line ups / fringe players was my thinking.

Are you planning on doing them for the playoff teams as well?

Yes, for the play off teams too.

• @Westy said in Euro 2021 - country fact packs = profit.:

Very useful idea.
    I'm non stop having to regoogle the same info as I forget if someone listed as yugoslavian on fi is in the Serbia team etc
    I'd add a pb average and number of pb scores over 200- I could help find that info if you don't have index gain.
    Maybe set piece Takers?

Only thing I have found at the moment for set piece takers is here https://www.fantasybet.com/blog/euro-2020-set-piece-takers/
    anyone else able to link to anywhere that has this info?

• Also a quick one - in terms of player prices - its difficult to get the data of prices extracted and graphs created due to where you get the data from a) they protect their sites (rightly so) and b) i think its wrong that I pay for a site and then use that data for other people (do you know what I mean?).

So with the above in mind - would 72 hours before and after a qualifying game when it comes to prices and a graph would work? Give a bit of an idea on seeing patterns?

I can get the graphs and post them with scribble over them, but I just think its a little naughty using other people work that we have to subscribe to...They may not mind and I may be overthinking they would have an issue - but thats me :-)

Quite interesting when you start digging into prices and the patterns that appear :-)

• Right, just going to do a little more on this. Made a tiny change for now in regards to data - I will then drill down into a player if people want certain one.

So, I have changed the list to players that are on the index and played in the Euro Qual games. There are extra players for Austria that have since retired and or are not on the index.

I have changed the entry price to the day the qualification started, so 21.03.2019 (however not sure this will have any relevance moving forward, and thats the reason why I have not completed every player).

0_1588006339099_upload-8efd6543-799a-4571-84dc-ff758efc262d

When I drill down into a player that people want to know more on, I was thinking of putting prices 3 days before and 3 days after a Qual game just to see what happens with a price (is this enough, not enough)?

Also I will be adding the amount of Divs the players have earnt (including league and media) since March 2019 until the end of the qualification period.

Hopefully the above makes sense, as I have just been typing as thinking.

In other words, give me someone from the above list to dig a little into and create a format for moving forward.

01.08.2020 onwards is when the Qualifying games brought with them div payments too. That's more for my info as well.