Hunting for Wolves?

• With Wolves all but guaranteeing their place in the Premier League next season - will we now see a jump up on Ruben Neves & Diogo Jota?

Neves looks set to be in the Portugal WC squad - so a more promising prospect, but Jota knows where the back of the net is - so a more attractive future PB player!

Interested in people's opinions on these two.

• I've held Neves for a couple of weeks now, got in at around £1.30 and not regretted it! Great prospect, should start for Portugal on current form, links to United transfer. Ticks a lot of boxes

• I only got in recently and don't have the biggest holding - but thinking of topping up as they seem to be very well priced...

The transfer links will definitely help to get them moving!

• @Pierrey2129 - Good work on getting in at £1.30!!
    He wasn't on my radar until recently and seeing his price shoot up motivated me to start researching!

• @Jay-Frazz said in Hunting for Wolves?:

With Wolves all but guaranteeing their place in the Premier League next season - will we now see a jump up on Ruben Neves & Diogo Jota?

Neves looks set to be in the Portugal WC squad - so a more promising prospect, but Jota knows where the back of the net is - so a more attractive future PB player!

Interested in people's opinions on these two.

Unless he gets a transfer he will go the other way, big fish in a big pond to a little fish in a big pond, look at the price of the players in the teams the got promoted last year

• You are buying transfer rumours really.

Neves is currently priced higher than AOC who is english and plays for a top 4 club team in the CL quarter final. On the face of it his price is crazy high but obviously if stuff happens in the summer then he could be worth buying.

• Gambling. High risk medium if it even happens, and a lot of cash tied up in the mean time, i like to make the odds work in my favour , low risk high reward.

Neves £1.74, will he move or start at wolves? if he moves yeah he might hit £2.50 remember hes untested at a higher level, easy doing it in the championship. if he stays, he will drop to probably a £1 just compare him to the prices of the promoted 3 teams last season. Mario Balloteli £1.43 we already know hes moving hes out of contract, were miles from the business end of the window so its of growth, he can drop below that price, but can easily hit never £2 and if comes to the prem with his MB pull. obviously thats just very rough examples i cant see into the future jut trying to show an example of high risk medium reward vs low risk high reward

• He's by far the best player in the championship, will be rumours about him all summer and he's gonna play for Portugal in the WC. Doesn't matter if he moves or not can always get off the train before then. In the meantime he's up 50p in two weeks so the market obviously rates him

• @SMacFI - This is why i love the FI! One person's perception of overvalued differs from another. It's what keeps the FI climbing I suppose.

What has become apparent to me over the past 6 months, is that logic can often take a back seat and it's the sentiment of the market that can drive a player up or down in no time!

I think we will see a significant increase in non-logical trading in the run up to the WC. It's going to be a fun 4 months!!!!

• @Pierrey2129 - That's what i'm basing my purchasing on... And happy to hold through to WC to see if he can make an impact and get his name out there!

• Looking at Andre Silva and Rony Lopes I would say Neves is overvalued as i'll be surprised if he starts for Portugal in the summer and he won't be leaving Wolves any time soon either. But as said above the beauty of FI is that despite whether 'we' think he's overvalued or not... At his current price there is still profit to be made. I don't think there's a player on here you can't make a profit on???? Even James Milner!!!!!

• @dannypea good points, but the difference with Neves is that he will be in the PL next year and is linked to United

• He has plenty of positives agreed, the biggest is that he looks to be a top player.... But a 1.84 today... Just say he goes with Portugal to the WC and doesn't make it off the bench which is highly possible? If he commits his immediate future to Wolves which is also possible... And if he's in a relegation scrap next season, also very possible would he still be worth what he is right now??? I believe he needs either a move, a good WC, or Wolves to have a blinder next season in the EPL to be a profitable player for me at his current value... And i'm not sure any of those will happen?

• @dannypea - Some very valid points here.

From what i have seen - which have been limited - he has natural ability which given the game time he has had this season, is starting to shine through.

I think he is only about 21/22 yrs old - so prime for a transfer to a bigger club to bring him in alongside an experienced play-maker.

When he goes past James Milner's price, i'll sell!

• Hahaha, no he's a class act and he'll certainly go past James Milner within your three years!!! The 1.50-2.50 players fall in to a difficult category for me.... Not quite good enough for MB and a little too high to feel like you're getting a bargain... They tend to make you work a little harder for your money and that's why i won't invest but I'm certain as i mention, you and many others will make a nice profit on!!!

• @dannypea - Yeah, i think i jumped in on Neves a bit too late... But am hoping for a decent return on Diogo Jota.
    In at 90p - but only holding a handful of futures.
    But is the % that counts - right?! :)

• You can easily double your investment with Jota so on that basis of course!!!!!

• @dannypea yeah agree with pretty much everything you're saying, but equally I may have taken my profit long before then anyway. Atm he's flying so I'm just enjoying it. Think there's some way to go before he flattens out

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.