Which player

• Do you NOT hold...but wish you did ?

Could for example be ...too expensive or your stubborn & feel missed the boat ?

Mine is probably Saka ..as I had him when no interest & sold about 90p

• @Friedeggs sold TAA for low £2s. Only had a small amount of shares, but Jesus that one haunts me. Also sold Nkunku at less than a pound, and dybala at a loss

• Sancho could have got on him right at the start but thought he was over rated , I still do but at £13 a share who cares !!!

• gawd loads ha. werner who i sold a while back, haaland cos stubborn, sancho who i sold also is my big regret

• TAA was my first buy on here in Sept 18 . I brought 5 shares at £4.01 and sold a few weeks later at a loss !!! I have definetley learned from that experience I guess I was lucky it was only 5 shares

• @Friedeggs blimey that's a good question.
    I wish I'd got on EBH he's the only massive priced played that is worth the returns. (At the moment ). Totally missed the boat!!! Luckily the boat left a few life jackets behind that I've jumped on.....

• The entire youth bubble, kids with no chance of first team games, no proven dividend winning ability or PB matrix compatibility - why wouldn't they be £3/4/5 each???

• @Friedeggs

Sancho

I bought at 4 quid, shit myself and sold at 5:50

😁

• Haaland i never held him through all the hype as i thought he wouldnt achieve in a harder league. He jumped in price and i expecred a dip but he keeps going up. Looks like a top talent and for me is looking a more promising forward than Mbappe currently

• @NewUser159387 said in Which player:

The entire youth bubble, kids with no chance of first team games, no proven dividend winning ability or PB matrix compatibility - why wouldn't they be £3/4/5 each???

That's the great thing about the index. It doesn't behave logically.

There are about several separate 'markets' in action.

The most obvious being the one where users buy potential/proven PB or MB winners.

Another where users buy players they believe are good footballers, without actually understanding how the index operates.

Then theres the youth/hype/next big thing bubble, amongst others.

Once you accept that the index doesnt necessarily operate how you believe it should, you can make money from it.

I previously spent ages ranting about how defensive centre mids were worthless. Then I kept hearing new users saying 'kante looks massively underpriced' ... so I bought some Kante and sold after a 40% rise a few weeks later.

Once you understand the inner workings of the platform, the next step is to try and understand the inner workings of your fellow investor. 🤣

The latter is definitely the most difficult!! 🤯

• I wish I was selling Neymar after a near 3 year hold.

• @johnboywalker said in Which player:

Once you understand the inner workings of the platform, the next step is to try and understand the inner workings of your fellow investor. 🤣
    The latter is definitely the most difficult!!

Ain't that the truth but buying what are essentially "junk bonds" just doesn't sit comfortably with me, as it's profitability relies totally on exploiting the more naive.

• @NewUser159387 said in Which player:

@johnboywalker said in Which player:

The latter is definitely the most difficult!!

Ain't that the truth but buying what are essentially "junk bonds" just doesn't sit comfortably with me, as it's profitability relies totally on exploiting the more naive.

Yeah, I totally get that. I'm of similar thinking and have lost out on thousands by having the same mindset.

So many players I looked at previously and thought 'massively overpriced hypejob' and now they sit at £13.37 quid! 🤣🤷🏼‍♂️

• Gnabry.
    Bought in at about £1.60 and sold when he had a huge spike (the monster PB score against Spurs). Sold at about £2.70.

I was relatively new to the platform at the time and thought I’d hit the jackpot! 🤣🤦‍♂️

• @Black-wolf

Haaland is another great example I remember getting him about £1 when he scored all the goals in Youth cup was it ? Then sold him probably to buy some ‘nobody’

I realise this platform is about taking profit but as I’m in long term it hurts to know could have had 50 more Haaland at £6/£3 more for CA & MB

But lessons learned & there is always another’gem’ around the corner

Stay around fellas it’s a great platform 💰

• @Friedeggs Gnabry. One of my first buys without really knowing much about the Index when he increased 25% to 2.50 a share i thought too myself "Well done great job on that one, he has raised in value a lot dont get greedy, how much higher could he possibly go?"

And Bruno. Was going to buy at 2.50 ish just after joining but decided i would wait until March when he would still be playing for Sporting. Plenty of time to trade other players in the meantime. Bit the bullet and Bought him a few weeks ago for on average 9.50.

• If I had an endless pot of money I’d probably most like to have Sancho, but Greenwood is a close second

• For me its bruno. Absolutely shite bit of trading. Held fof months knowing he'd eventually go to Utd, then came the risk free january and the pile in started. I sold on the initial spike at about £3.50. Bit of inexperience I suppose, just did not realize how big the Utd factor was. Missed what would have been about 400% ROI and a sea of divs but even if I had just held, I'd have almost certainly been out at £6-£7

• I used to beat myself up over players that i sold that subsequently rose after selling them off, but i now try to look at the bigger picture in that generally the trades that you have entered into with that cash have usually done just as well collectively if not better than had you held onto that single player. (In most cases when you hear tales of traders regretting selling a player, they are usually talking about one of the premium holds)

Sometimes in this scenario you can be blinded by the fact that the player you have sold has risen by £2 and not realised that the cumulative rise in the 4 or 5 players you purchased from this sale exceeded that rise in the same time period.

Im currently lockdown drinking so the screen seems to be moving around when i type this so apologies if if makes no sense 🤣🤷🏼‍♂️