Where Are You At With Large Spreads?(Poll)

• Most common thought seems to be the widening of the spreads was a well timed intervention by FI when they acted when they did. But have the goalposts moved now? The market is buoyant. Is it time for a rethink? Or should we still be cautious owing to PB football being less than certain in most PB leagues?

• @Dalian-Smith Have a day off!😂

• @Dalian-Smith you miss what I think is the most likely option. Keep spreads same until implementation of order books. Which I don't think is that far away

• Ive put permanent but what i mean is that i dont think FI should adjust the spreads until they introduce order books and let us to determine the spreads ourselves

• @Splurger_Dan I had no indication from Adam Cole in his statement that Orderbooks were coming anytime soon. I'm confident that at least 3 pb leagues will have resumed before Orderbooks are launched.

• Surprised FI have not addressed this in anyway in their last statement. I presume they have not settled on a plan yet themselves and are probably waiting to see how the next couple of weeks pan out.

They have to get the balance of the market growing and making profits for themselves. Won't be making much commission in the next couple of weeks so i'm sure they will do something sooner rather than later.

• @Dalian-Smith im sure they have hinted a number of times they would be looking to bring them in within the first half of 2020 but obviously that may have been disrupted now

• @Black-wolf I thought I remembered Adam Cole saying he was hoping for April in one of the Q&A's a couple of months back. I'd love them to introduce now but seems very unlikely

• @Dalian-Smith In terms of the options you've given I would say mine is as likely as most of them. That's my opinion.

Edit: We know theres more in the pipeline from the anouncement

• @Black-wolf I find it hard to believe they would launch Orderbooks in the immediate future. I'm not sure FI customer service are at anywhere near full staffing levels. Surely in a period of Orderbook adjustment they would want that. Adam Cole had an opportunity to flag up Orderbooks in his lat statement and I thought it telling he failed to do so.

• @Ben_pz said in Where Are You At With Large Spreads?(Poll):

@Black-wolf I thought I remembered Adam Cole saying he was hoping for April in one of the Q&A's a couple of months back. I'd love them to introduce now but seems very unlikely

Yeah im sure they said April/May but cant remember where or when it was said

• @Splurger_Dan You raise a valid point. I'd suggest if you wanted to participate voting for the FI led option.

• @Dalian-Smith they definitely are very close. They have had their group of beta testers they asked for for a while now. Nasdaq were also set to come on board about this time who will be heavily involved in the introduction of them. I think they may now wait for the completion of the leagues but im confident they will be in place before next season starts

• @Black-wolf It wouldn't surprise me if they were ready to launch Monday. I'm surprised Adam Cole didn't mention Orderbooks. The spreads are a niggle I'm seeing across Social media. Adam Cole could have eased any concerns over spreads with news on Orderbooks and outlined a timeline for their implementation and how they would impact spreads. It's a shame on the communication of this issue. This poll is really just gauging spread sentiment based on the facts as we know them now.

• @Dalian-Smith I think sentiment will change a lot in the next week or tow. The announcement as sensible as it was isn't going to boost much liquidity. I think people will start to get a bit bored.

It will be interesting to do this poll in a weeks time and see if it had different results. My bet would be that 'Keep the same until FI deem the right to narrow' would be a little less popular.

• @Dalian-Smith said in Where Are You At With Large Spreads?(Poll):

@Black-wolf It wouldn't surprise me if they were ready to launch Monday. I'm surprised Adam Cole didn't mention Orderbooks. The spreads are a niggle I'm seeing across Social media. Adam Cole could have eased any concerns over spreads with news on Orderbooks and outlined a timeline for their implementation and how they would impact spreads. It's a shame on the communication of this issue. This poll is really just gauging spread sentiment based on the facts as we know them now.

I think it will be May which isnt that far off. I would be happy for spreads to stay same until then by which time hopefully we all have clarity on when football resumes which will breed confidence.

• @Ben_pz The landscape is changing that is for sure.
    0_1587807906206_Screenshot_20200425-104356.png
    The Premier League is the big one. Once that's in play I can see the calls to narrow the spreads get alot louder. I am personally cautious at the moment with the uncertainty but gradually now not only in England but across all the PB leagues I'm hearing positive noises about resumption. I think ultimately this will sway spread opinion for me.

• ASAP. yeh there'll be a drop. But who gives a fuck. Will it be as unnerving as the drop a month ago? Will it fuck.

People who are really struggling will be able to get their money out and the rest of us will be able to buy a load of cheap stock

• @Dalian-Smith said in Where Are You At With Large Spreads?(Poll):

@Splurger_Dan I had no indication from Adam Cole in his statement that Orderbooks were coming anytime soon. I'm confident that at least 3 pb leagues will have resumed before Orderbooks are launched.

I'm not so certain there was no indication.

0_1587810804036_Screenshot_20200425-113054_Football INDEX.jpg

The top paragraph is pertinent, he could easily be referring to any of the major projects that were announced at the start of the year, like order books, nasdaq, expansion etc

Combine that with the fact that I've been told a few weeks back that they have made significant progress on order books then I wouldnt be surprised if in the next couple of weeks we get an announcement with an intended implementation date.

Unlike eric, I can verify the above statement about significant progress and would be willing and able to do so in a dm if people want proof and are deemed worthy (so anyone bar Eric basically 🤣)

You might be right that we have 3 pb leagues playing by the time they're actually implemented but we may know when they're being implemented before we have any PB football back at all

• I reckon the spreads might be a precursor for order books so I've said just keep em as they are (*if order books are imminent)