Woodward

• Manchester United's next transfer window will not be "business as usual", warns Ed Woodward. "I cannot help feeling that speculation around transfers of individual players for hundreds of millions of pounds this summer seems to ignore the realities that face the sport."

No sancho this year.

• @Tom77 also would suggest Pogba wont leave either

• @Black-wolf said in Woodward:

@Tom77 also would suggest Pogba wont leave either

Yep, also means bruno likely to play as a 10 and pog behind imo.

• @Tom77 been saying that for a while to the Sancho holders thinking it's a given.....

Reality set to bite. Even more so if someone like Chelsea put their hand in their pocket for him, effectively ruling out the Manchester United deal for good.

• @Ericali personally ive never felt Sancho to United is a realistic move, it has never mad much sense to me

• @Tom77 said in Woodward:

@Black-wolf said in Woodward:

Oh hadnt thought of that. Fantastic news for Bruno holders in my opinion

• @Black-wolf said in Woodward:

@Tom77 said in Woodward:

@Black-wolf said in Woodward:

Oh hadnt thought of that. Fantastic news for Bruno holders in my opinion

I think so.

• Everyone speculating on big money moves are going to very disappointed. It's going to be bargain basement time. Just for PR reasons alone a club won't be seen splashing +100 million on a player when this crisis is still ongoing.
    Those with money tied up in players with transfers built into their price should be very careful.

Of course he is also saying this to tell other clubs to not try to charge United extortionate prices. Still think the likes of United/City will do a fair bit of business. Just probably not the Sancho's more the Jude Bellinghams

I don't own but I think this makes Bruno/Rashford etc much safer bets at the moment as their worth is not tied up in transfer speculation

• I think there will still be deals but the fact is dortmund don't need to sell so will not take a low offer.
    To me this is just mirroring the Ronaldo deal where Sancho will quite happily stay in Germany for another year and then move.
    Utd might sign a cheap right winger and then I could poss see them selling martial next season for big money and still sign sancho ( as his replacement)

• I can see united getting scanked as per usual 😂
    Everyone else part from a Madrid maybe, will be dealing in a relative market where everyone is worth a little less than peak, maybe 20%.

• More swap deals will be done this year as teams won't be spending big money, except maybe Utd, City and Chelsea perhaps.

• He was never gonna come out and say "loadsa money this year lads, who's up for selling"? Wouldn't give him a very strong bargaining position.

• @THFC1972 Thats a good point.There could be a number of possible swap deals including small sums being paid out for transfers.

• @Jimbob This. The Atlantic did a great article highlighting the non footballing revenue streams that would serve united proportionately much better than other clubs (basically the ratio of matchday and tv revenue to overall income, their is the lowest by far in the prem). They will be licking their lips at the opportunity to leverage this fact but would be damaging for them to gloat now ahead of sitting at the negotiating table. The real bargains will be players with contracts expiring in summer 21, clubs will be forced to consider selling in a depressed market or lose for free the following summer.

• @Jimbob said in Woodward:

He was never gonna come out and say "loadsa money this year lads, who's up for selling"? Wouldn't give him a very strong bargaining position.

Yes but the point is sancho is a prized asset, he is only ever going for mega money or staying.
    Utd have no bargaining power.
    It’s more likely relevant to the players from other clubs who try and charge stupid money for average joe’s.

• Wouldn’t surprise me if this is a bluff, Woodward’s a business man, I doubt he’d come out and go we’ve got money coming out our ears, we can pay whatever fee you want! If any team is going to have money to spend it will be United IMO

• @Tom77 He's a prized asset to a selling club. Sancho was never going to retire at Dortmund, they buy cheap and sell high.
    It's still mental that he's nearly £4 clear of the second highest priced player on here though.

• @Jimbob said in Woodward:

@Tom77 He's a prized asset to a selling club. Sancho was never going to retire at Dortmund, they buy cheap and sell high.
    It's still mental that he's nearly £4 clear of the second highest priced player on here though.

Also no one knows what a fair price is anyway in this uncertain time. I really think it will be next season.

Bonkers he is £4 more than bruno.

• Another way to potentially look at it, is although Dortmund don’t need to sell, if they had 2 players lined up to buy with the Sancho money, if they could get those players for cheaper because of the current situation then they may well agree to sell Sancho for less money. Say they wanted £100 mill for Sancho originally and were going to buy 2 £50 mill players with it, those 2 players could now be £40 mill so that may mean they’re willing to accept less. Be interesting to see what actually happens though, I bet Sancho holders will have assholes like a rabbits nose 🐇

• @ChazFI123 said in Woodward:

Another way to potentially look at it, is although Dortmund don’t need to sell, if they had 2 players lined up to buy with the Sancho money, if they could get those players for cheaper because of the current situation then they may well agree to sell Sancho for less money. Say they wanted £100 mill for Sancho originally and were going to buy 2 £50 mill players with it, those 2 players could now be £40 mill so that may mean they’re willing to accept less. Be interesting to see what actually happens though, I bet Sancho holders will have assholes like a rabbits nose 🐇

I dont think need anyone, young Reyna is coming through and they just bought Haaland.
    The other young lad Sergio gomez also on loan.