Orderbooks Could Be Coming. Maybe It's Time We Had a Poll.(Poll)

• Order Books potentially around the corner. Not alot of communication from FI as to how this might look. My question today is how ready are we for Order books? I've had years trading on the Betfair exchange and I understand it's going to run on a similar principle to that. I've included a link here from FI Guide he did a while ago on Orderbooks. If your not upto speed this may help.

Link To Guide On Orderbooks

• My question about order books is what happens if a player gets a bad injury? In many cases it is a race to instant sell. How will it work under an order book system? Will we be able to sell players for anything other than a ridiculously low price? I know many continue to hold injured players but plenty look to get rid too.

• @Boris999 As I understand it. Instant sell will still be retained but if they also retain the current spreads you'll still be taking a big hit to get out of an injured player.☹️

• B for me. I think the platform will benefit hugely from then, and us traders will wonder how we ever lived without them.

• @Boris999 spreads will likely be as they are now regarding instant sell.

• 0_1587893626898_The+poll+to+end+all+polls+poll+youto_8f8690_6671540.jpg

• I've answered that I'm not prepared to engage with them, which is not entirely true in that I know how they work and if FI adopt them, I will use them. However, I think one of the most appealing parts of the product is it's simplicity and it's still in its infancy with loads more potential for growth, so I just don't think it's needed yet. As with anything, there'll be winners and losers with any change and with the way things have gone for me in my year here (both financially and from an enjoyment perspective) I just don't want this level of change (I know I'm in the minority on the Forum so wanted to give an alternative view as most on here seem to think it's a no brainer but there must be lots out there like me who enjoy the product as it is).

• @Mintyfresh agree... Of course I'll engage... But would rather they weren't happening. Thanks to some of the users here and on twitter I now get the technical mechanics... But its having to observe and relearn trader psychology which will be a big impact on the way I trade and set me back a few months

• @Boris999 it will become a race to cancel your buy orders until the only remaining option is IS to FI and as that happens the number of shares in circulation will drop as it does now reducing the buy price

• @Vespasian32 said in Orderbooks Could Be Coming. Maybe It's Time We Had a Poll.(Poll):

@Mintyfresh agree... Of course I'll engage... But would rather they weren't happening. Thanks to some of the users here and on twitter I now get the technical mechanics... But its having to observe and relearn trader psychology which will be a big impact on the way I trade and set me back a few months

Exactly the biggest change will be how traders behave we will have to relearn market behaviour

• From the thread title I expected a poll on whether or not we should have a poll on order books. U should work for FI in the pre-announcement announcement department

• @Black-wolf it's already started on twitter... Couple of threads a day... 'what will your first orders be?'

Neymar £6
    Sancho £8
    Bruno £7

Etc...

Everyone will immediately want bargains, which will slow growth drastically

Even more so as unlike real stock market we have expiry date on our shares... So will always be a buyers market... Patience will win won't it? But with that in mind... Its not a bargain to get Sancho for £8 if the next buyer will offer £6

• How would an IPO work from an order book perspective?

• @Collymore10 ipos are going to be auctioned.

I suspect they will have to release a set number of shares... Then the highest bids that cover that number of shares will have the price determined on avg bid?

• @Vespasian32 what many people arent thinking about is the affect of placing an order. Ive seen people looking forward to being able to buy a player at £1 and set a sell order immediately at a higher price and just sit back and wait for it to be fulfilled as prices rise but what they arent considering is that by listing a sell order they have already stunted growth because shares listed for sale will still negatively affect the upper buy price as they do now.

This is my main concern over order books it may significantly reduce growth. It will shorten sell queues but it will ultimately increase the number of shares for sale at any one time

• @MickTurbo I wanted to ask a few questions in this post but you can only ask 1. I'd like to gauge how people feel about Orderbooks. Positive or negative. Do people think they will be more profitable? The polls are a bit limited. Could be time for another open whine on the forum to FI to improve the format.It worked last time in getting these polls🤣

• @Vespasian32 interesting

• I was reading some posts by dan the man earlier on. Hes far more well informed on this stuff than me, and probably most of us. The tech aspect of it I mean. I am beginning to think order books may not happen. I hope they dont to be fair, for several reasons.

Firstly it seems to be an unnecessary re-inventing of the wheel, secondly FI's history of managing change has not been brilliant and doesnt inspire much confidence. But the big worry is that this would not be some cock up like when they opened up MB and players like Naldo and Ivi briefly became MB magnets. If they fuck this up they really fuck it up

• @Vespasian32 said in Orderbooks Could Be Coming. Maybe It's Time We Had a Poll.(Poll):

@Black-wolf it's already started on twitter... Couple of threads a day... 'what will your first orders be?'

Neymar £6
    Sancho £8
    Bruno £7

Etc...

Everyone will immediately want bargains, which will slow growth drastically

Even more so as unlike real stock market we have expiry date on our shares... So will always be a buyers market... Patience will win won't it? But with that in mind... Its not a bargain to get Sancho for £8 if the next buyer will offer £6

I really cant see them using this style of order book as its far to open to manipulation, volatility and also means share will always exist until a player retires and becomes worthless, theres no way of increasing or reducing shares i existence which is fundamental to FI as i footballers career is short lived

• @MickTurbo I would say the way they managed the share split was good, maybe a tad more comms but overall they did well. Obviously IPOs have been forever horrendous. Isnt a new sort of system coming in place with the partnership of Nasdaq (my understanding it was). I would of thought that order books would be introduced with this system. I could be hugely wrong with all of that though.