Have I made a mistake?

• Reasonably new to FI though been a member for a while. Finally had some money to invest and jumped on Kane a week ago. SInce then he has dropped and barely had a story written about him. Have I missed the boat? Or is patience a virtue with him? Any help much appreciated.

• Banned

@Paul011078
    He is a solid hold atm
    You joined at a point of big growth because of a bonus, and now that is finished, people are listing.
    He has transfer news, england games etc coming up and will rise again. Long term hold for sure

• @MrWh1te Thank you. Did see him as long term for sure. Was just a bit concerned i'd bought him at his peak.

• @Paul011078 Sit right, Kane is a no brainer..only on dip due to being put of the news for a week and German and Italian leagues potentially starting up first.

• @gball1975 Thanks for the reassurance. I would agree totally with that and expect him to rise with one good media day.

• @Paul011078 said in Have I made a mistake?:

Reasonably new to FI though been a member for a while. Finally had some money to invest and jumped on Kane a week ago. SInce then he has dropped and barely had a story written about him. Have I missed the boat? Or is patience a virtue with him? Any help much appreciated.

In terms of premium holds like Kane, it's important to not get too fixated on the short term. Premium holds will always have dips and spikes, but for me they're best off not being regularly flipped because of the commission you will pay on them. If you sit tight then he'll pick you up dividends here and there.

• I am also a Harry 'Boring'Kane holder.
    Prolific goalscorer, Spurs Captain and England captain. Just a bit dull.
    Steady hold though at the moment with potential transfer, Euros and then World Cup in the next couple of years.

• My favourite player. I don't own personally but I still pray that we win the euros and he is top scorer. Such a player.

• Welcome. I don't hold him myself but if you're willing to be patient, I think you'll do very well out of Kane.

He is likely to return regular PB and MB dividends over an extended period of time. He's reaching his prime in terms of age, plays for England (Euros next year) and has transfer speculation.

Don't be put off by periods where his price drops or stagnates and resist the urge to sell up. You'll only kick yourself. Trust me, I've done it!

• @Vaughany Thank you for the advice. Appreciated.

• @Paul011078 ignore short term dips in any player if the reason you bought him is still valid.

• @Paul011078
    No worries pal. Only my opinion though and depends on your trading strategy - are you a short, medium or long term trader? Or a combination?

Like I say, I don't hold Kane, but if I did I would be asking myself 'Do I think that Kane will be worth more than £7.08 this time next year?'. Personally, I would say yes for the reasons outlined above. However, if you think no, then might be worth reconsidering.

• @Paul011078 said in Have I made a mistake?:

@Vaughany Thank you for the advice. Appreciated.

Patience is the key to success on this platform.

I'm not a Kane holder, but hopefully some of the more experienced users can post details of both the capital appreciation and dividends that he has provided in the past 12 months, just to give you an idea of what to expect in the long term.

As previously mentioned by @Yellow , don't panic about short term fluctuations in the prices of premium holds.

They can be very boring, but provide regular, slow, long term growth.

The only reason I am not involved is because I am more experienced and comfortable in the volatile and profitable market of short to medium terms holds.

For newbies, guys like Kane are one of the safest places your money could be.

Best of luck for the future. 👍

• For any expensive player, probably talking in the region of ~£5+, their price increasing/decreasing shouldn’t really bother you until you decide to sell, and ideally that’d be at the very least in quite a few months time. Players that expensive are there to win you divs or you’re expecting a big money move from them (Haland and Mbappe being examples). Any CA they earn is just a bonus in my eyes

• @johnboywalker

Dividends
    18/19 season 47p (7p PB, 40p MB)
    19/20 season 76p (11p PB, 65p MB)

Cap App
    One Year: £2.51 (£4.56 to £7.07)

So if you had bought 12 months ago you’d be looking at 55% growth in value plus a yield of about 17%

• @Coleyscrooge said in Have I made a mistake?:

@johnboywalker

Dividends
    18/19 season 47p (7p PB, 40p MB)
    19/20 season 76p (11p PB, 65p MB)

Cap App
    One Year: £2.51 (£4.56 to £7.07)

So if you had bought 12 months ago you’d be looking at 55% growth in value plus a yield of about 17%

and I believe someone referred to Kane as a meat and potato pie haha

• Patience...will be back from injury, transfer summer rumors, Euro 21, Wcup 22
    I like him and just let him sit in the port, never really look at his price. Just plan a sell point on a peak he should have within your 3 yr hold (although just heard FI are not bothering about the 3yr expiry for now)

• Since the footy was cancelled hes had a week of smashing the divs then a week off, on, off. Hes quiet at the minute but I'm hopeful he'll be back taking top and 2nd spot a few days on the bounce pretty soon

• Would be nice if he gave an interview or something. Barely been in the news since I bought him and dropped 25p+

• @Paul011078
    If only he played for Man Utd 😂
    Win loads of dividends !