Ferran Torres

• I have seen this guy linked with the likes of Man Utd and Dortmund (Seems everyone is). Youtubed him and he looks ridiculously good but obviously these are a number of small clips put together and don't show him over 90 minutes . Can anyone confirm he is the real deal before I go investing my bonus and then some. Is he decent value at under £3?

Thanks

• He’s the real deal but I think he will sign a new contract at valencia and then leave in 1 or 2 years.

• Forget it. He ain’t all he’s cracked up to be. His goal/assist returns and everything else are poor. FI purposes his PB is poor. In the current climate with COVID affecting clubs there’s noway anyone will spend £50m on him, which is better for his FI price as he’ll play regularly at Valencia and still benefit from ‘potential move price’. But in comparison to other similarly aged players he is nowhere near the same calibre.

• @chaps1988 The kid is only 20yo and has played for Spain at every level and is starting for the u21. He can clearly play at the top level. Whether he is worth his price right now is a different question, but the big clubs are sniffing around.
    It will depend on other transfers as to whether he moves in this window I think. I got on him at £2.77 and he is one of my more risky holds. He needs a move as he will rarely outscore Parejo.

• like what I have seen and think he is a great long term investment

• I have held him in the past and sold on as he is going to be a slow burner.I am still monitoring him at the moment.If you compare him to Victor Osimhen for example who is only 1 year older.He is 2.61 compared to 2.84 for ferran.The value is overwemingly with victor.

• Surprised there isn't a bigger thread on Ferran - especially considering Utd and Liverpool links heading into the Summer transfer window.

Seems like that could be dead in the water now however after quotes here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/valencia-star-ferran-torres-responds-22139337 (sorry to link the Mirror). Still hopeful as a holder, as he doesn't actually rule out a move in these quotes, but seems like it is trending toward him staying at Valenica this summer.

• I disagree with some comments saying he is overrated. 4 goals and 4 assists this season is a more than respectable return for a 20 year old, and you don't get as many appearances for Valencia at his age unless you are a good footballer. That said, I sold my stake today on this at a small loss. I'm getting twitchy about certain bits of the transfer market. If he says he wants to stay in La Liga, then where is he going? Real don't need him and have their own battery of young players. And Barca are fucked financially. Athletico would destroy his price. Too much risk and I could see him signing a one year extension. With so much of the market doing pretty well, I'm happy to take the hit and invest elsewhere.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in Ferran Torres:

I disagree with some comments saying he is overrated. 4 goals and 4 assists this season is a more than respectable return for a 20 year old, and you don't get as many appearances for Valencia at his age unless you are a good footballer. That said, I sold my stake today on this at a small loss. I'm getting twitchy about certain bits of the transfer market. If he says he wants to stay in La Liga, then where is he going? Real don't need him and have their own battery of young players. And Barca are fucked financially. Athletico would destroy his price. Too much risk and I could see him signing a one year extension. With so much of the market doing pretty well, I'm happy to take the hit and invest elsewhere.

4 goals and assists is not a great return for a player valued at 80m, regardless of age. No club is paying that, particularly in this current climate. He may rise with speculation as the platform breeds overpriced/hyped youngsters, but he is overrated and will not be the next superstars. Move on.

• @chaps1988 said in Ferran Torres:

@Dr-Jan-Itor said in Ferran Torres:

I disagree with some comments saying he is overrated. 4 goals and 4 assists this season is a more than respectable return for a 20 year old, and you don't get as many appearances for Valencia at his age unless you are a good footballer. That said, I sold my stake today on this at a small loss. I'm getting twitchy about certain bits of the transfer market. If he says he wants to stay in La Liga, then where is he going? Real don't need him and have their own battery of young players. And Barca are fucked financially. Athletico would destroy his price. Too much risk and I could see him signing a one year extension. With so much of the market doing pretty well, I'm happy to take the hit and invest elsewhere.

4 goals and assists is not a great return for a player valued at 80m, regardless of age. No club is paying that, particularly in this current climate. He may rise with speculation as the platform breeds overpriced/hyped youngsters, but he is overrated and will not be the next superstars. Move on.

How many goals and assists has Foden registered and what's his price?
    Weather you think he's good enough or not is pretty irrelevant I'm here to make money and there's a good chance of that with this type of player as we see time and time again. You've just said it yourself, it's what the market sentiment is that dictates his price on the platform. I do appreciate what you mean that if he turns out not to be the real deal exit is key but that applies with most holds.

• @Splurger_Dan said in Ferran Torres:

@chaps1988 said in Ferran Torres:

Weather you think he's good enough or not is pretty irrelevant I'm here to make money and there's a good chance of that with this type of player as we see time and time again. You've just said it yourself, it's what the market sentiment is that dictates his price on the platform. I do appreciate what you mean that if he turns out not to be the real deal exit is key but that applies with most holds.

Torres isn't English. And I think its plainly obvious he'd score way than 4 if given a full season. Pretty sure he's probably scored more than that anyway.

@Splurger_Dan said in Ferran Torres:

@chaps1988 said in Ferran Torres:

Torres isn't English. And I think its plainly obvious he'd score way than 4 if given a full season. Pretty sure he's probably scored more than that anyway.

He's being linked to English clubs. Foden has 1 goal and 1 assist in 17 games this season in a quality side, what your saying about Foden isnt fact its sentiment which is the point I'm making about players value. I hold Torres and have made a nice profit so far and will exit when it suits me. If you don't like him just don't get involved,pretty simple.

4 goals and assists is not a great return for a player valued at 80m, regardless of age. No club is paying that, particularly in this current climate. He may rise with speculation as the platform breeds overpriced/hyped youngsters, but he is overrated and will not be the next superstars. Move on

Whoa, so much animosity. Where is that coming from? Difficult to know where to start with that one. No one is valuing him at 80m, that is around the value of his release clause. No one is paying that, and no is suggesting they are. The value from an FI perspective comes in that he has only got 12 months left on his contract. It will be considerably cheaper that 80m, more likely 35-40.

Out of interest, what sort of returns do you expect a 20 year old to be making if he return is not good? He has 12 goals/assists in all PB eligible games. That is the 4th highest in Europe for players aged 20 or under, only behind Sancho, Haaland and Havertz! But no- overated? Even when I expand the search to 21 year olds he is equal 9th, with most big heavyweights in front of him like TAA and Mbappe. As said, I have divested anyway and think others might as well based on todays comments. But come on man.