Selling on FI

• Good afternoon all.

Relatively new to the Index and looking to get more involved and will probably invest in a decent portfolio at some point coming up.

Just a quick question, for example if I bought 100 shares in a player at a £1 or below and say in a year I wanted to sell all these shares how hard is it to do that and commonly what is the time frame I can be looking at?

I’ve been playing around on here for a little while and I’ve made a nice ROI but only small money. Trying to sell a few shares in people like Bruno Fernandes and Saul Niguez and they don’t seem to be moving.

Is it just because of the virus or are things normally this slow?

• @NorthBankGooner really depends on the player, is there a reason for others to be buying them currently?

It’s easier to sell a player on the way up and without football unless they have transfer or media appeal it can be slower than normal; but I’ve never failed to sell a player I’ve listed in 6 months, some take significantly longer than others.

• @Sav2000 Thanks, that answers my question.

• Afternoon.

Yes it's harder at the moment. Normally you would be able to instant sell with a spread of around 2- 10% but it's off at the moment while there is no football.

I personally use market sell the huge majority of the time as much less commission. Actually I sold a lot during bonus period and players went reasonably quickly but it will be a lot harder for the next week or so as very little liquidity now bonus is over.

You are a bit unlucky that you've tried to sell Bruno as he is one players with a large sell que.
    When things are back to normal selling shares will become easier and you can take the instant sell route if you need it.

• I’ve been here for around 9 months and I think the longest it’s taken me to sell anyone (before all of this) was about a week to sell 150 TAA’s. A lot of the time market sell is a really viable option, and currently circumstances are just very extreme! Took me 3.5 weeks ish to sell my Bruno’s!

• @Ben_pz Cheers for your response mate.

Just really don’t want to be forced into the fast sell option as it defeats the purpose and gives you more to think about than just the 2% commission.

I’m not bothered about the Bruno situation at the moment because I have made over 200% on him but only had one share because I bought him when I was trying to learn how it worked.

I was hoping that it was just down to the virus and not the normal.

• @ChazFI123

Thanks mate, makes me feel a lot better about it.

• @NorthBankGooner Quite right. In my opinion to maximise ROI long term it's best to avoid instant sell unless in extreme circumstances but it's nice it's an option. Plenty of people use it and it helps the market flow which helps you sell players to market.

They have just turned it off momentarily to protect peoples money which has actually worked extremely well. I'm sure they will turn it on soon enough or introduce something else to create some liquidity. We're all just going to have to be patient until they do.

• @Ben_pz

Completely agree with all your points and only seems to be going forward for sure so long may it continue!

• @NorthBankGooner said in Selling on FI:

Good afternoon all.

Relatively new to the Index and looking to get more involved and will probably invest in a decent portfolio at some point coming up.

Just a quick question, for example if I bought 100 shares in a player at a £1 or below and say in a year I wanted to sell all these shares how hard is it to do that and commonly what is the time frame I can be looking at?

I’ve been playing around on here for a little while and I’ve made a nice ROI but only small money. Trying to sell a few shares in people like Bruno Fernandes and Saul Niguez and they don’t seem to be moving.

Is it just because of the virus or are things normally this slow?

It’s the virus mate, usually you can sell a player fairly quickly, when football is on and goals are going in your talking seconds.

This is a very stagnant time at the moment - it has never been slower - but understandably.

Also when the transfer windows opens officially things will move very fast on certain players - there will be liquidity.

When football comes back it will go crazy!

Remember this is a very strange scenario at the moment - I have faith in FI, been here 3 years👍

I hold bruno - long term hold, 2-3 years....

Good luck👍

• @Tom77

Thanks for the response mate.

I did think it was literally just the virus but obviously before investing more money I thought it would be sensible to ask the question just incase.

I can see the potential in Bruno rising again but at the same time I do think he has gone from being massively underrated or even relatively unknown maybe to now being a bit overrated or overhyped just because he is at Man Utd and they’re doing so badly it magnifies his talent.

We will see though, all the best! 👍🏻

• Very slow at the moment. However, in the past, when a player is in demand, then can literally start selling the moment you list them. Try and only “sell to market”, even if it takes a few week. “Instant sell” should only be used in emergencies.

• @NorthBankGooner said in Selling on FI:

@Tom77

Thanks for the response mate.

I did think it was literally just the virus but obviously before investing more money I thought it would be sensible to ask the question just incase.

I can see the potential in Bruno rising again but at the same time I do think he has gone from being massively underrated or even relatively unknown maybe to now being a bit overrated or overhyped just because he is at Man Utd and they’re doing so badly it magnifies his talent.

We will see though, all the best! 👍🏻

Bruno has brought was he was doing at sporting - scoring goals and assisting along with high PB scores. The jury was out until he joined Utd but he has proved it already.
    Brilliant player. Fairly young age also at 25.