FIFA Chief Doctor comments

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52462233

FIFA chief doctor has added his view that all leagues should prepare for next season rather than finish the current one.

The only outcome really would then to void the seasons and start again.

For European cups, the only way is to have all teams that qualified for this seasons competitions back in the group stages in the same groups next season, almost as though this year didn't happen and start again.

You would also need to wipe out any coefficient points gained from this season.

I know not everyone would be happy with this but there will always be winners and losers.

Thoughts please?

• My thoughts haven’t change. Why void seasons and prepare for new ones? Complete the seasons as and when football resumes. No point starting something new when you’ve not finished the last one. It’s utter nonsense!!

• @Kipper72 didn't think it would happen.

But the odds of it doing so are certainly increasing.

Belgium - Cancelled
    Holland - Cancelled
    France - Cancelled

Who's next? 🤔

• Liverpool fans spewing right now but for me as a united fan I’m about to crack a Stella in celebration

• @Ericali Absolutely

I think we would all have preferred to finish the season but now this Doctor has thrown his opinion int the mix governments may feel the pressure to follow suit of those nations you mention.

All eyes on Germany!!

• I'm prettyy much fucked if no football. All PB holds and £900 invested and no MB holds

• @Erased-Citizen that's what I don't understand... If it takes 6 months or 12 months... Surely we just finish this season before starting next.

Cancelling will have dire consequences for teams like Leeds.

Is Sheff Utd feat repeatable once that fresh new approach is no longer fresh or new?

I remember when used to play champ manager on a dodgy vpn and it would crash every now and again... You could be 10 seasons in but if it crashed and you had to replay 5 games... It would completely kill the game....if you don't get the same wins etc you always begrudge unfairness and can't let it go.

Imagine if we replay season and Sheff Utd get relegated? When really they should qualify for Europe...and benefit from attracting better players and more money etc.

• @Kipper72 if Germany doesn't get the green light on Thursday, the rest of the nation's could fold like a pack of cards.

• @Ericali Yep

I think which ever way Ze Germans go will be followed by everyone else. Over to you Frau Merkel.

• To me it's a no brainer to finish seasons.
    The next World Cup is in December, just start adjusting now......

• They wont take into account personal views of a doctor jeez lol

• @Vespasian32 it really is bonkers and I’ve still not seen any valid argument as to why? What is the hurry and obsession with having things done by a certain date?

When football resumes, wether that be 1 month, 4 months, 1 year; you complete the current season before starting another. It’s not rocket science and surely the only fair and proper thing to do.

I’m completely lost as to the thoughts behind these calls for voiding.

• @shilly said in FIFA Chief Doctor comments:

They wont take into account personal views of a doctor jeez lol

He's not just a doctor - he's FIFA's chief doctor, & FIFA is ultimately UEFA's superior

• @Tom77

How are teams going to qualify for the World Cup?

Are they going to fly across Europe to play games anywhere and everywhere?

FIFA, the world governing body for football, won't listen to the views of their own Chief Doctor who is also the chair for their medical committee?

• @Ericali said in FIFA Chief Doctor comments:

@shilly said in FIFA Chief Doctor comments:

He's not just a doctor - he's FIFA's chief doctor, & FIFA is ultimately UEFA's superior

Oh please lol, Football will start if govts give the ok, not a doctor. Germany will go ahead if its safe to do so simple as that. Police have informed of their reservations, infection rate has gone up from 0.7 to 1.0 , balanced against German football fed strongly putting their case that 12 of the top 36 more than likely to go into liquidation and never return . A very delicate balancing act.

• It’s impossible to guarantee social distancing during a game, footballers and staff are well within their right to refuse to work under those circumstances.

The only option left is to test all players and staff immediately before a game kicks off (can results even be gained that quick? The few I know who have been tested have had to wait at least a day for results).

With tests in such short supply for the foreseeable future I can’t see Footballers being the best use of them ahead of many other sections of the public.

As for cancelling this season or continuing it in September(ish) time, FIFA are going to want consistency across the board - France, Belgium, Holland, many lower leagues already cancelled.... I think we are just going to have to accept the inevitable.

It’s looking more and more infeasible for this season to be finished.

• @Yellow said in FIFA Chief Doctor comments:

FIFA, the world governing body for football, won't listen to the views of their own Chief Doctor who is also the chair for their medical committee?

If that was the case FIFA would come out with a statement tonight saying "All football cancelled until further notice as our doctor thinks its best thing to do", not going to happen, its down to individual govts clearly

• Not sure how much hinges on what happens with the Germans on thursday, presumably quite a bit. But certainly a huge amount will be read into it, which ever way it goes.

Speaking purely as an FI trader and not a bored footy fan, I'm not massively bothered either way. It may be that the Germans bow to this doctors advice, but even if they do, the fact remains that they are ostensibly in a position to have a serious discussion about footy resuming on 9/5.

That speaks volumes even if we dont get footy till August. It sends the message that they are now o the verge of having COVID beaten. To me, this means that surely even those who have strategized the pandemic less well than the Germans, must surely have a hell of a chance of getting on top of if by August.

Therefore, as an FI trader, whilst disappointing if the BL doesnt resume next month, it just means that I've got till August to get my port exactly where I want it before a ball is kicked. There are so many good PB players who are gonna rocket once they are back on the pitch, and money doesnt grow on trees.

I'm stacked for the BL, I'm underway with my Serie A portfolio, but still only got a couple of La Liga players, no Ligue 1 and next to nowt in the prem.

Going back to the point I made about much being read into which way the germans go on thursday if it's a negative outcome, theres gonna be dips all over the place and slow recoveries. My Pogbas and Kanes, and everybody elses Sanchos, Messi's Ronaldos and whoever else, will just be made even more effective in portfolio building

@Yellow said in FIFA Chief Doctor comments:

If that was the case FIFA would come out with a statement tonight saying "All football cancelled until further notice as our doctor thinks its best thing to do", not going to happen, its down to individual govts clearly

Maybe. But if I was a decision maker in Government I would be referring to experts. The more of those that say no, the more likely I would be to canning the whole idea.