Introduce Foreign Media Outlets Immediately

• With France announcing no football for 4 months, other leagues doing the same and Fifa's comments today, there's a possibility of no football for 4 months across Europe. Of course, there's still a good chance some leagues will resume, but as Media will now become the only (or main) focus for the next few months, its time to level the playing field, stop the mass sell off of non UK based MB or transfer spec players and open up to foreign outlets.

FI must have done significant research into this and there will be teething issues, but surely this is the way forward? It's not unrealistic for it to be setup with manual checking and translations until it's fully operational.

• @Metropolis I've voted next season - but going off this Twitter Q & A, if all leagues were cancelled across the board it would appear a very realistic possibility. 👍

0_1588097403881_Screenshot_20200428-190824.png

• Next season for me. I definitely want it to happen, but theres enough upheaval at present

• I think it has to be during a busy fixture list with advance warning. People have planned their portfolios on lots of media days so doing it now would annoy a lot of traders I think.

• @Metropolis I'd rather they didnt react just now and wait for confirmation regarding all leagues. Should all stop then yes, integrate this but as long as its fully functional. I'd rather it worked then implementing it at the half way stage.

• @Metropolis aside from other issues, how do you think they would offset the not insignificant effect it would have on existing holds (especially when there is no IS option?)

• @Ericali said in Introduce Foreign Media Outlets Immediately:

@Metropolis I've voted next season - but going off this Twitter Q & A, if all leagues were cancelled across the board it would appear a very realistic possibility. 👍

0_1588097403881_Screenshot_20200428-190824.png

What a pile of shit! They introduced IPDs mid season. They did a share split and dividend increase mid season. MB needs to be amended and sorted asap, this dickhead is just playing for time.

• Think it's got to be next season IMO

• @Lukeroro yeh odd comment as everything changes all the time to our initial bets. As always, consistently inconsistent.

• @Westy said in Introduce Foreign Media Outlets Immediately:

@Lukeroro yeh odd comment as everything changes all the time to our initial bets. As always, consistently inconsistent.

The issue is that if someone buys a media player today and they instantly become devalued because of a change then it isn't fair. IPDs don't materially change the value of a bet. This does.

Whilst I agree it needs to happen, there needs to be a set window for changes so people know the score. Same applies to PB changes. If you buy a player then you accept that on say 1 August there may be a change to the scoring system.

Imagine a high net worth player pumps 100k into someone and he is instantly devalued because they have changed the rules. How do you justify that?

• The other point is...

With no football on, media is the only game in town so people need to be investing in media players. How can you expect people to put money into the index in media players if the rules can change tomorrow. It doesn't make sense. Do you gamble that the rules will stay the same or do you gamble they will change. Or do you say sack it if I don't know what the scoring system will be tomorrow, I will keep away

It's one thing gambling your money on a player performing, getting a transfer etc, it's another thing gambling your money that someone isn't going to change the goalposts.

• @Westy said in Introduce Foreign Media Outlets Immediately:

@Lukeroro yeh odd comment as everything changes all the time to our initial bets. As always, consistently inconsistent.

Don’t think IPDs or Share Split or other promos (etc) are a direct comparison to this. They all added value to holds (obv not SS), they didn’t lower their intrinsic value (although certainly affected market behaviour). Changing Media/adding other sources obviously does do this.