The Footstock Post. Should I Pull It?(Poll)

• I've loved the discussion in it. It's been insightful but clearly now it's gone beyond its original brief. If it's spoiling folks FI journey I'll pull it.

• Banned

you should pull this post. that other thread is one thread, keeping it altogether. start spreading other posts and it WILL piss ppl off

• I haven't voted as it's your thread and up to you and don't be pressured by others. For me though, it's not great having a thread (or two!) about a rival product on FI's official Forum. For me, this is not the place to debate FS.

• @Mintyfresh No pressure on me either way. I'd rather do what's best for the forum. I was a bit reluctant to do it to start with. It's become a bit of a monster now.

• @Dalian-Smith move it to 'off topic'. It is not directly relevant to FI trading discussion. I expect FI will delete anyway at some point.

• Personally i feel its good for FI and the forum. Everytime i see someone trying to censor discussion about other platforms or anything they consider a threat it always makes FI look bad as if we need everyones money here to make money and draws comparisons to pyramid schemes which it isnt. Theres room for various forms of sports gambling. Let FI push its own product and we will all reap the rewards

Think of it this way, if everyone only used one book maker imagine how poor the odds would be. Any and all competition is more beneficial than it is harmful.

• @Black-wolf
    If FI have an issue with it, they'll pull it.
    If anyone else has an issue with it - don't read it!

It's a reasoned discussion that hasn't turned personal/abusive. How many threads can say that recently? 😁

• @Dronny-Gaz i did try to get FS to set up a forum but the slack community disagreed as they felt slack is the best social platform which ive never understood, its complete chaos. If that had set up a forum i think people like myself would be more active on their site. They did a vote asking if people preferred twitter, slack or a dedicated forum and as it was on slack the forum got sidelined, never made sense to me as the other two are third party sites and having their own dedicated forum would have created a more welcoming social aspect

• Banned

I would think from past experience, the best thing we could do is have our own forum, just a little free one, we could benefit from that greatly

• Think you should pull it .
    This is an FI forum and a brilliant forum . The more it gets diluted with non FI content the more it will become like many other FI Forums full of non relevant content .

• @MrWh1te you still need a way people being directed there via the app or site preferably otherwise you might aswell use reddit

• @Black-wolf
    They missed a trick there, particularly if they had helpful forum users similar to this.
    It does take some fathoming and often chatting to a trader who has had the same issues and offers assistance helps the product grow.

• Banned

@Black-wolf i was thinking just a free forum.
    we invite ppl here privately and then any member is free to invite another member. builds a nice little community

• @Hotspur How do you move to 'Off Topic'. That I think is the best solution.

• For the good of FI forum, I have created a forum on my site.

Makes sense as my site has always covered FS, not just FI and will cover more platforms as they rise (SS).

So if you wish to carry on the FS bants and chit chat, head to my site www.footballtradinginsights.com

Please be patient with any start up snags, its a brand new feature only just installed- so DM me any issues.

I will work it out and glam it up as the day goes on.

• @Westy I'd say thats a good shout - maybe put a post on asking @......Admin to close and move this thread.

I do however think its great to have a place to discuss more than one type of 'betting changed'. It helps ideas evolve and who knows there may be another 'type' of betting come from all this.

More choice the better I feel and freedom to chit chat is always good.

• @Dalian-Smith said in The Footstock Post. Should I Pull It?(Poll):

@Hotspur How do you move to 'Off Topic'. That I think is the best solution.

@DANFI might be able to help.

• @Black-wolf said in The Footstock Post. Should I Pull It?(Poll):

Personally i feel its good for FI and the forum. Everytime i see someone trying to censor discussion about other platforms or anything they consider a threat it always makes FI look bad as if we need everyones money here to make money and draws comparisons to pyramid schemes which it isnt. Theres room for various forms of sports gambling. Let FI push its own product and we will all reap the rewards

Think of it this way, if everyone only used one book maker imagine how poor the odds would be. Any and all competition is more beneficial than it is harmful.

I get your point, but would Bet365 host a forum discussing their rivals, William Hill, Paddy Power, etc? @Hotspur's suggestion of moving to Off Topic is the best solution.

• Banned

@Londoner Not the same comparison though

• @Londoner yeah its called Twitter. Covering up and ignoring competition is the worst thing FI could do. British Leyland did that and when BMW landed on our shores it drove the final nail home.

If I was FI and want to be able to look in on what my customers thought of competitors first hand, id use threads like the one on this forum to take ideas on how i can improve my product to stay ahead of any competition. If i thought i was losing customers id want to know why and what i could do to swing momentum back in my favour