Decent point to top up?

• My port is down roughly 1.2% in the last 24 hours, seems alot more than some but given the rise I've had in the last month - I'm not too phased. If anything, it's a great time to top up.

Bought 75 Gerard Moreno @ £1.20 each, and he has since dropped 5p....how low do your players get before you decide to top up??

Thanks

• I'd potentially wait personally, as I think it's getting more likely that there isn't going to be football for even longer. So could be even bigger drops

• I'm expecting a massive crash for my port....but I guess then will be a good time to top up thinking about it. I own Moreno, Gosens, Max who are all among the squad players fallers lol

• @NewUser573360 I'm down about the same its across the board. Regarding of when to top up, it just comes down to when you view it as good value. No one can really predict the bottom of the dip. You could buy now and he could still drop further but if you have confidence in the player you know when football restarts (whenever that is) he will come back and some

• Hard to know. You will see fluctuations in players as people list and delist. If you can bring your average down and you’re confident they will rise about that then sure go for it!

• @ChazFI123 I have to agree.I am not planning adding to my port at the moment untill things become clearer.No one knows how the transfer market is going to look like either.

• Like most I’m about 1.5% down in last 24 hours. My port is relatively small compared to a lot (just under 3k) but lots of words of wisdom from more experienced guys on here and on Twitter have settled me. Think a lot of new people to the platform, me included, have only been used to seeing a steady rise day on day so this is the first time they’ve hit a bit of a wall. Not pleasant refreshing every hour to see further decreases. I’m kind of lucky that I’m in a position where I don’t require any cash from my portfolio so I’m happy to sit tight and see everything come back to normal in a few months.

Quite possibly if the Bundesliga gets the green light tomorrow I’ll probably wipe that 24 hour loss out straight away as will many others.

I personally wouldn’t buy into anyone until I’ve got a clearer picture of where we stand. Risk takers could benefit buying into some Bundesliga players today prior to tomorrow’s announcement but I’m more cautious.

• Personally I've been looking to top up since yesterday but I keep holding out as like everyone we don't know what's going to happen. Some of the top players I hold like kane look appealing with the drops but if they turn around and say the prem for example is also going to be stopped then I think we'll see a bigger crash. It's a tricky one trying to time when to top up at the minute

• The main point to consider is the market will become stagnant and probably not fall much more even with no football.
    Prices have dropped due to listing not sales but I would imagine now most players if not all have longish sell queues so what’s the point in anymore listing ??

• I drip feed my top ups as and when. Obviously if a £1.00 player falls by 10p I'll put dosh into him before a £5.00 player falling 15p.

But overall I like seeing my players in red as I currently have my players set and don't want to buy any new at the mo so getting what I have at a cheaper price is great.

• Disclaimer from last post: This is my strategy for longer term holds

• @Kipper72 I like this strategy. Its what i aim to do long term

• Id wait. Personally i think we are approaching a doom and gloom period. I expect nearly all leagues to cancel the remaining fixtures and at that point i think the social side of FI will get quite depressing and hostile at times as prices start to suffer

• I’ve finally just sold Bruno and so tempted to top up on some of my holds as prices are so low. However prices seems to still be dropping. 65% of my deposit bonus (which I reinvested) has already been wiped out in drops.

Hold off or is the bottom in sight?

• Think we may have another couple of weeks slowly sliding down and then hopefully BOOM again in a couple of weeks when we get some positive news football returning hopefully.

• @Erased-Citizen yep my deposit bonus is pretty much gone

• @Johnny-Sack said in Decent point to top up?:

@Erased-Citizen yep my deposit bonus is pretty much gone

Depressing to watch but the positive is that you know it will return and some. The main thing now is working out and judging the depth of the drop and when to top up.

• @Erased-Citizen yep not too worried, pretty confident things will bounce back

• @Erased-Citizen said in Decent point to top up?:

@Johnny-Sack said in Decent point to top up?:

Depressing to watch but the positive is that you know it will return and some. The main thing now is working out and judging the depth of the drop and when to top up.

The thing now is to antecipate the ones flying (that is if you wanna make some cash now) I've topped up some yesterday and should have put it on Osimhen lol

• @Johnny-Sack said in Decent point to top up?:

@Erased-Citizen said in Decent point to top up?:

@Johnny-Sack said in Decent point to top up?:

The thing now is to antecipate the ones flying (that is if you wanna make some cash now) I've topped up some yesterday and should have put it on Osimhen lol

I have Osimhen but I think he’s potentially going to be overpriced soon. Waiting for a move to be more certain and will then sell I think. Currently 20% profit on him.