Reserve price selling

• Hi. Relatively new to this and need a bit of help understanding.

If for example my player is listed for sale at reserve price £0.99 and his current market value is £1.00 - why doesn’t he sell almost immediately when traders are buying at the higher market price and he appears to be on the rise?

Does this reserve price mean people are able to buy him somewhere on the app at £0.99 despite a higher market value, if so, where are these reserve price listings?

• Banned

It means you are in a queue and others are selling first. It will get to you in turn

• @NewUser569882 said in Reserve price selling:

Hi. Relatively new to this and need a bit of help understanding.

If for example my player is listed for sale at reserve price £0.99 and his current market value is £1.00 - why doesn’t he sell almost immediately when traders are buying at the higher market price and he appears to be on the rise?

Does this reserve price mean people are able to buy him somewhere on the app at £0.99 despite a higher market value, if so, where are these reserve price listings?

@NewUser569882 when you list to market sell you just join the end of the queue. The reserve you set is just what the lowest you are willing to sell at with market movement. So for instantance; if market price is £1 and you list with a reserve of 99p you are effectively saying you wont sell for les than 99p then if more people list the player for sale and his market price goes less than 99p your sell order will be removed

• @NewUser569882 unless FI have fixed it recently the reserve price function doesn't work anyway so you'll probably end up selling for less if the price drops.

I'd suggest to take a screen shot if you set a reserve price and really don't want to sell below that.

• @Stevo it was fixed around a year ago. Certainly has worked for a good while now.

• @NewUser569882

The reserve price has no bearing on when your shares will sell. They’ll still join the same queue and only sell when you reach the front of the queue and someone buys.

The reserve is simply a protection in the event that prices tumble between the point of listing and the point of sale. If the market price dips below the reserve you set, your shares will be removed from the sell queue and stay in your portfolio.