La Liga Resumption?

• so green light from the government ? Interesting...

• I posted the same this morning. I think everything could hinge on the German anouncement tomorrow.

• @PaulM Positive news! Thanks for sharing.

• @Splurger_Dan

Ah sorry. Couldn’t see it jumping out at me anywhere. Was resigned to every league giving up so couldn’t hold back my enthusiasm for something optimistic!

• @PaulM not atall mate. I stuck it on the French league cancelled one so not the best place. We definitely need a positive thread at the mo. Imho really could go either way. We could see 4 of the 5 pb leagues resume which wouldnt be a bad result or they all fold like a pack of cards. In which case we all know where we stand aswel as FI in terms of how they manage things and we have an extended summer break and transfer period ready for all pb leagues to return in September

• @Splurger_Dan Too much is being made from how the French have reacted, each country will take their own approach in relation to the governmental advice. Whilst Germany might be a week later, than previously stated, everything else I read and hear points to a resumption for all of the other countries by mid June. Football isn't really being treated any different, its trying to return to the new norm like everything else.

Looking forward to a prolonged FI boom.

• After the French announcement, La Liga president Javier Tebas said: "I do not understand why there would more danger in playing football behind closed doors, with all precautionary measures, than working on an assembly line, being on a fishing boat on the high seas, etc, etc."

Completely agree, how many people work in a big Tesco, they still go home to families, why is it different for footballers - still a job for them.

• It's good news 👍

But the details also involve a four phase plan commencing from 4th May.

I not sure how long each phase is set to last, but if it's a week we are looking at early June best case scenario.

If each phase is a fortnight, potentially if all goes well the first boots on the ground will be early July - provided no upturn or second wave of the virus commences.

Germany is still the front runner - which could be back next weekend if they get government approval. 🤞

• @Harford-is-God dont disagree but also important to be realistic and for users to understand whatever happens we dont need to panic just be patient. My worry is that Dybala has just tested positive now for the 5th time so if any of the other pb leagues try to restart to early it will be short lived.

• Seen a few tweets this pm that suggests La Liga is set to return on 12th June with Sevilla v Real Betis....