What news do we expect from Germany tomorrow? Poll

• Big day tomorrow, what are your expectations. Hope in not stepping on Dalians toes

• @MickTurbo what could be worse?end of football forever

• @MUFC nah mate that obviously isnt gonna happen. I think the absolute worst case scenario would be season scrapped and delayed start to next season

• The Germans always get things right. So I’m hoping a resumption of the incomplete season on 9th May.

• I suspect they will announce July earliest
    they have recently relaxed their lockdown restrictions and subsequently seen an upturn in cases.

I hope im wrong as i hold over 10 Bundesliga players.....

• @Advinculas-Index hadn't heard about that. What dya know. What was the extent of the relaxation of the rules? How bad was the upturn?

• Either way, im not bothered. A delay in German football til June will make my port drop now, but a great time to top up. Starting ASAP will cause Bundesliga players to rise and my IPD holds / PB holds to make some progress. Id prefer footy to start soon though, if safe

• The infection rate (or the R number they talk about) went back up to 1 when it needs to be below 1. If it goes above 1 it means that on average 1 person with CV will infect more than 1 person causing the second spike. For instance if it was 1.3, one person would then on average infect 1.3 people.

I wouldn't read too much into the upturn just yet as it was only a couple of days after the relaxation therefore not really sufficient time to say it is because of relaxation that i has gone up. It took three weeks to get the data from the start of lock down, not a couple of days.

If it doesn't go back below 1 though there could be a problem and Germany would need to lock down again.

• @MickTurbo Schools and some retailers.

I did do a bit of reading though and the Robin Koch institute who first published that infection rates were increasing again were using data from 10 days before, when lockdown hadn't been eased yet so didn't quite add up. There may of been more studies published since then though and the UK government also mentioned it today in their press conference so being taken seriously.

it's not been a good build up for tomorrow either way. I see them delaying the decision further personally. Can't see them giving the green light.

• I'm voted 9th May resumption.

I think they will go ahead, but won't complete the season as a second spike will occur in the German population & then the season will be cancelled altogether.

• @Ben_pz @Kipper72 cheers for that. For what it's worth I would be suprised if omit gets the green light tomorrow. I personally think another 3 week lockdown and perhaps a date of 21/5 given for review with maybe a proposed return date of around 30/5

@Ericali you seem a bit doom and gloom about the prospect of footy returning at present! What's the thoughts behind it?

• People do realise that lockdown doesn’t make you immune right? So however long you’re in lockdown you’re just delaying the inevitable rise that will come when lockdowns are relaxed.

Keep those at risk in lockdown and slowly start to ease the rest back to normality in a controlled fashion.

• @Erased-Citizen Yes I think everyone gets that.

The longer people are in lockdown though the lower the amount of infections there are and the easier it is to control the second spike and keeping below capacity in hospitals

Keeping those at risk in and easing measures slowly is exactly the plan.

• @Erased-Citizen said in What news do we expect from Germany tomorrow? Poll:

People do realise that lockdown doesn’t make you immune right?

Yes we get that, but to slow the rate it does work. Hopefully a vaccine will be available soon so life can get back on track.

On another point would a government want to make a decision that big, potentially being blamed if it all went wrong?

I do hope we get some football again before the new season but I just get the feeling we won't. I hope I am proved wrong, as long as it is safe.

• @Erased-Citizen said in What news do we expect from Germany tomorrow? Poll:

People do realise that lockdown doesn’t make you immune right? So however long you’re in lockdown you’re just delaying the inevitable rise that will come when lockdowns are relaxed.

Keep those at risk in lockdown and slowly start to ease the rest back to normality in a controlled fashion.

@Erased-Citizen absolutely. Lock us all down weakening are immune system until virus dips because of no interaction. Then let us all out again with our severely weakened immune systems.... 🙈scary really

• They need to get the balance right as too much longer with complete lockdown of everyone and not just those at risk will have serious consequences. Lurking in the shadows is something just as threatening, if not more so. An unprecedented increase in mental health issues and suicide from varying issues (loss of jobs, loss of businesses, loss liveleyhoods, etc) and then the huge financial implications in tax payers as each passing day goes by with the economy in decline and governments spending increasing.

Lockdown has to start being relaxed in the next few weeks.

• @MickTurbo

@Ericali you seem a bit doom and gloom about the prospect of footy returning at present! What's the thoughts behind it?

Would love it to resume. 👍 I've strategically set up my portfolio for the Bundesliga.

Will be popping a few corks if it gets the OK tomorrow.

But I think it's too soon, some player will get it at some club & the fixtures won't be able to get completed & it will stall again.

I think the final option is to follow France, Belgium, Holland & null & void it across the board.

Until we get a vaccine or we just say let the young & healthy get it & you are 'injured' for 3 weeks & quarantined there is going to be constant problems with Convid-19.

• @Ericali said in What news do we expect from Germany tomorrow? Poll:

I think it's too soon, some player will get it at some club & the fixtures won't be able to get completed & it will stall again.

This is the point I suppose. I know @Erased-Citizen feels that leagues should be completed no matter what time frame and his point is very valid. But if the countries that have already voided their leagues had to wait while other leagues kept sopping and starting it would all get messy.

From my own perspective I don't care either way as I have no vested interest in Liverpool or any teams in relegation or promotion races. Yes, in an ideal world we would finish all leagues and make France, Belgium and Holland reverse their decision. That won't happen.

A blanket decision one way or another as soon as possible would suit me best. And I suspect we will be a step closer to that tomorrow.

• 0_1588190815583_Screenshot_20200429-210556.png