The 150 Players FI need to IPO ASAP - Article 2 - The Championship

• Every man and his dog are aware of the absence of football for the last month and a half. However, something else has been absent from Football Index for even longer… IPOs!

Most traders will be aware why IPOs have been absent, and I don’t want to waste any more space on this forum discussing them, as it’s a topic that’s been dissected many times. But for the uninformed, the first come first serve system, with designated release time slots, has literally broken the index on the last couple of occasions. In fact, I even predicted in my last set of IPO previews saying that if one person could break the index it would be Jude Bellingham…

However, IPOs are absolutely vital for the Index. Without adding new players regularly, the product quickly loses credibility. No one wants to have to explain to their mate who wants to join the Index that their punt that’s playing in a non-PB league isn’t on the index, or that they can’t buy their favourite yet to breakthrough prospect at their club.

Therefore, over the next 5 weeks I am to highlight 10 players from various leagues/countries/regions all over the globe to form a list of 150 players that Football Index need to IPO as soon as possible.

The Schedule is as follows:

Article 1: Premier League https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/16591/the-150-players-football-index-need-to-ipo-asap-article-1-premier-league/6
    Article 2: Championship
    Article 3: Rest of the English Football League
    Article 4: France
    Article 5: Spain
    Article 6: Italy
    Article 7: Germany
    Article 8: Netherlands
    Article 9: Portugal
    Article 10: Other Western European Leagues (Scotland, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland)
    Article 11: Eastern European Leagues (including Russia)
    Article 12: Brazil
    Article 13: Argentina and the Rest of South America
    Article 14: MLS and Mexico
    Article 15: Rest of the World

By splitting it out into these sections, I think it highlights areas of the football world that may have been somewhat neglected by FI in terms of the player pool, and also how the index is truly global and needs to be further for expansion.

Please note that the rule for these articles is that if a player is on loan, they will be covered under the article in the league where they are currently on loan.

Right let’s get to article 2, the Championship. Despite being a non-PB league, the Championship market is a valuable and potentially profitable one. There are a number of players plying their trade in England’s second tier who are in the top 200, including Kalvin Phillips, Said Benrahma, Ezekiel Eze and Ollie Watkins. This article highlights ten more Championship based players that could make waves and generate interest on the Index.

1.) Ben White – Leeds (on loan from Brighton) & England – Age 22
    Ben Whites rise to prominence has been pretty astonishing. Having been on Loan at Newport two seasons ago, and then having spent half a season at Peterborough in League One, he has now found himself as an ever present in Leeds’ rise to the top of the Championship. Being a Leeds fan, I have seen 25+ games that White has played this year and can say that they hype is justified. He’s a fantastic ball player, confident with his passing and bringing the ball out of defence. Defensively, he hasn’t needed to make a lot of last-ditch tackles because his positional play is so good. I really can’t think of a goal all season that White has made a stinker of a mistake for. That’s not to say he has been perfect, and he has shown some vulnerability against physical centre forwards and he certainly isn’t dominant in the air, but in a league where centre halves like Keogh and Morrison are the norm, Ben White is the exception. Leeds are apparently increasingly resigned to this being a one year stay only, with City, Liverpool and Manchester United all mentioned as suitors.

2.) Matty Cash – Nottingham Forest & England – Age 22

Do-it-all Right sided player who has featured almost exclusively at right back this season. Excellent attacking full back with a knack for a goal, as evidenced by 9 goals since the start of the 2018/19 season. Versality means he would fit any set up, whether it be as a traditional right back in a back 4 or as a right wing back. Transfer links to a host of clubs already, including Everton and Milan, it seems Cash is bound for a PB league next season even if Forest don’t get promoted.

3.) Matheus Pereira – West Brom & Brazil – Age 23

The most creative player in England’s second tier? It would be hard to make too much of a case against that statement. Been a revelation this season for West Brom, providing a league leading 16 assists to go along with 6 goals. Can play on either flank, but more at home in a number 10 role. Hasn’t been quite as spectacular after Christmas, and West Broms form has dipped as a result. In the 7 games where he hasn’t appeared or played less than 30 minutes, they have only won 2. On loan from Sporting (oh how they could use him), West Brom do have the option to sign him but with everything that’s going on now, that remains a little unclear. He should be in a PB league regardless.

4.) Bryan Mbuemo – Brentford & France – Age 20

I have massive respect for Brentford as a football club. Their transfer dealing are often excellent, they play attractive football and Leeds never ever beat them at Griffin Park. Mbuemo is another excellent find. A right footed, powerful forward, he has bagged 14 goals in his first Championship season and added a further 6 assists. This form has led to a call up to France Under-21s as well. Maybe would benefit from another season in the Championship, but he definitely has the potential to make a mark at the top level.

5.) Bright Osayi-Samuel – QPR & England – Age 22

Ezekiel Eze has taken most of the plaudits this season for the Rs and rightly so. However, another explosive winger has been drawing admiring glances in recent months, and that is Bright Osayi-Samuel. A classic winger who loves to get at defenders, he has scored 5 and assisted 7 in the Championship this season and is already getting linked with a multimillion-pound move to clubs higher up the food chain. Still a little raw but has really developed this season.

6.) Nathan Ferguson – West Brom & England – Age 19

Nathan Ferguson nearly didn’t make this list at all, given he was so close to joining Crystal Palace in January. The teenage full back was excellent for the first half of the season, but his move to Palace fell through due to a knee issue exposed in his medical. Exploratory surgery followed, meaning he hasn’t played for Albion since. Seeing as he is out of contract in the summer, expect him to be a Premier League player next season.

7.) Tyrese Campbell – Stoke & England – Age 20

A young, gangly striker with a good turn of pace, Campbell may have benefitted from what has been another pretty miserable season for Stoke. Given more and more opportunities as the season has gone on, Campbell has started to come good with 5 of his 7 league goals coming in 2020. He recently signed a new contract with Stoke, and he needs another season in the Championship playing regularly, but if Campbell can take his 2020 form into next season, he could be a real hot property this time next year.

8.) Karlan Grant – Huddersfield & England – Age 22

Despite Huddersfield’s struggles on their return to the Championship, Karlan Grant has once again been their shining light. After flashing promise by scoring 4 in 13 games last season in the Terriers horrible Premier League campaign, Grant has continued in a similar vain in the Championship netting 16 times. He can operate centrally, or out on the left, a key attribute if he wants to make the step up for teams operating with just one up front.

9.) Louie Sibley – Derby & England – Age 18

Left field pick this one, as Sibley has only ever played 90 minutes at Championship level. However, he scored on that appearance and has been a key force behind Derby’s fantastic youth side. He’s scored 4 in the Premier League 2 this year before his debut, and figures to be a key player next season. A teenager usually bursts onto the scene in the Championship each season, and I think Sibley could be that player next year. Reading the scouting reports on him, he has the full tool set for a modern-day centre midfielder, with the added combativeness that is essential to make the final set up.

10.) Max Bird – Derby & England – Age 19

Another Derby academy graduate, Bird has made the step up this season. Since making his debut on boxing day, he has been a near ever present for the Rams ever since. A deep lying midfielder, Bird is averaging nearly 60 passes a game and is now strongly linked with a move to Chelsea, a testament to the impression Bird made whilst Frank Lampard was his manager at Pride Park last season.

Just missed the cut: Tom Lawrence (Derby), Marcus Tavernier (Middlesbrough) Stephen Sessegnon (Fulham) Nathan Collins (Stoke) Jason Knight (Derby)

• @FI_IPOSCOUT I'm a boro fan and I wouldn't buy that Tavernier with your money. I would however give proper consideration to Hayden Coulsen.

Great work tho chief

• I take it your quite bored during lockdown mate 😂😂

Seriously though thanks for these its great for the forum.

• @CJ0101

Yes I am rather bored and the lack of IPOs has put me out of a job haha.

• @MickTurbo

Haha, I did consider Coulson. I have seen Tavernier have a few decent games and know he has a decent rep but you’ll have seen more of him than me!

• @FI_IPOSCOUT most boro fans seem to rate him mate but I just think he flatters to decieve

• Cash was being IPO’d but the system crashed and they left him out.

• Karlan Grant is one I've been banging on about since I got on here. Feels a bit off radar. Hope he does get picked up. He's way better than Huddersfield.
    0_1588276765876_Screenshot_20200430-204650.png
    The Ukrainian dude I mentioned 8 months ago. We'll keep him to ourselves yes @FI_IPOSCOUT . I'm sure he won't ammount to anything😉

• Top effort! Thanks for doing these. If I new how to upvote (Which I think is a sort of pat on the back?) then I would!

Yes I’m being thick and yes can somebody please tell me where the button is!

• @PaulM

Dont often say this to blokes but...touch this

0_1588280681131_20200430_220408.jpg