FI vs Footstock

• @Coriolanus Fair point but FS offer isn't going to draw big money with this. It doesn't seem ambitious enough. That's my concern with this. A free Jadon Sancho card sounds nice mind but is there the right risk/reward there? I'm not too sure.

And there's not many shirts I fit into either after lockdown so the free shirt is hardly getting my pulse racing.

• I'm giving FS a shot as well. My experience so far is that it gives more thrill, but way harder to win substantial money. I've only entered free, beginner and one amateur tournament and have done pretty well, coming top 10 a few times. But the payout is pretty low. As a % it is pretty good, but in actual sterling in pretty crap. Ultimately unless you come in the top 4 or 5 places you arent picking up much money, and so most weeks most people are a loser. I know lots of people are saying they are winning, but I dont see how that many can? There are hundreds of teams in each tournament, and only a few % are winning a few times more than the entry. Then you need to reuse the money to enter next tournament. The numbers arent quite adding up for me. The major win is that I dont have to put as much money in to win a few quid.

The bit that I have noticed is those in charge of FS are WAY more on the ball. Brilliant coms and clear direction. I've been super impressed. I am keeping a close eye on them as if FI don't up their game, they could overtake. FS cater for different parts of the market far better. I am an FI person and believe that is the way to make money. But I wish FI would take their competitors more seriously. They have had, and will continue to have, opportunities to wipe out alot of FS potential, but havent done so. I am worried those in charge of FI are in a bubble.

• @Sav2000 agree RE cap ap... But oli, James, till, Tom are absolutely all making statements and decisions and developments to assist CA. That said... It will never be like FI... There's very few players you could stock up on and sit back and watch their price rise.

If that's what people want I wouldn't recommend fs. But anyone who enjoys trading and is willing to be active its great.... As is the FPL side... As are the games. I enjoy each aspect but can see why others would not enjoy each. I think between the three however, there is something for most people.

Trading commission free in a volatile market that is very liquid... Holy grail for me.

• @Coriolanus don’t get me wrong I’m not anti FS mate I fully support and love the product but I see a place for people to use both and make money. That fact I really thought I could have come 3rd and won 4.7k on Sunday was the best buzz I’ve ever had!!!

@Dr-Jan-Itor ive won £700 in 8 weeks all in small amounts biggest win £89 and you don’t need the top players that’s another reason I like the product.

But I’ll make more more on FI.

Most of all I want FI to take a look at FS comms and how they operate (fuck buy them out if you have too) but get this product back on track so I can spend my day on here and twitter talking about how great FI and FS are and we can all focus on slagging Sorare off together 🤣

• To illustrate it... I snapped up 50+ in guys like giroud, Hayle, Antonio sub £1 when they scored a couple goals in short space of games knowing it would give them a boost for the virtuals... I got 74 giroud between 60-70p, now selling for £3.25-3.45. So CA is there... But in around 3-4 weeks he will be worth less than £1 again, cos each game he doesn't feature in or score will diminish his value... But also he isn't the kind of player many would value for real life tourney. Same as gayle... Short term good form makes them very good static data for the virtuals. Had to react in play to buy them nice and cheap and now I'm selling within just a few weeks.

Gayle has doubles.. Antonio is 10 fold!

• @Coriolanus the liquidity has defo increased since the IPD increase which is understandable. Your judging the risk right now which is fair enough but im judging/risking(maybe) that things will change and for the better. Liquidity is good on FS, agree with you there and you have a number of different areas you can make money but the house will always need to win in 2 or 3 of those areas as its their profit lines. You defo need to give more time to FS too, not sure if this is a positive or a negative (negative in my eyes at mo considering i have a little one only 2 months away from being here 😅🙈).

• @Shippers congrats daddio.

• @Coriolanus cheers mate

• FS is a dangerous product if you have an addictive personality.

Winning decent money out of a tournament requires a big slice of luck.

Making good money out of trading requires a lot of time and to sit there manually grinding it out. A lot of people simply don't have time for that.

There are good opportunities on it but I don't think it's great for passive players or those with an addictive personality - I do worry that some people have seen and heard of it's greatness, only to have been taken to the cleaners.

• @Yellow you can easily turn off the gambling elements and never use them. And I’m not sure a big slice of luck is needed. Some, sure, but it’s much more about your football knowledge - tracking form, looking at opponents, working out likely team sheets.

I was FIs biggest fan for many years, got a load of friends to sign up (those that didn’t think it looked dodgy) and sang it’s praises to everyone.

For multiple reasons, my entire Fi balance has has been moved over, and I’m just enjoying myself so much more. I get that it’s not for some, and some enjoy both etc. All good. But I think it’s got a great future, and I’m prepared to back that with my money, like I did when FI was 1 year old and starting up.

I hope things settle here as I’d like to come back on, but I need to see a massive step up in FIs comms and CS before I’d consider it.

• @Yellow not as high of a % as those who joined FI in last 6 months.

There are defo people who signed up to FS and ploughed straight into roulette and lost all their cards. But tbf they didn't bother finding out how it works or asking for guidance or stopping once they lost the first few. If you simply google 'footstock roulette' the top result is an expert guide that would prevent most users from losing badly if they read it.

• @Sav2000 yeh totally agree risk increases if you pay entries, I said just enter free tournaments

No roulette
    No packs
    No entry fees

Just trade like you would on FI. I think that is the safest football trading at the moment as all players keep value on FS and there's no extra costs or expiry of shares. But yes agree on the scaling up issues, although sounds like @Coriolanus does it. Their tech needs to improve for me to try it... I can't be adding 1000 shares one by one to the sell queue....but I'm sure they're working on things like that being such a young product.

• @Westy new app will allow mass sales. Issue is its better to list in increments anyway.... Trail of cheese leading buyers to the price you want.

• As it stands footstock seems to be on the up and going places. You can trade commission free and have the money back in your account instantly. Its a completely different product than the index though. You cant just jump on buy players and sit on them expecting them to go up like the index.

When you understand the market with around £500 you can easily make £200 a month in trading and tournaments. I missed out on getting on the index early, footstock feels like a chance to be an early adopter and get the insane ROI's we have seen early adopters of the index get.

Index has lost its shine at the moment, not being able to sell players is an absolute disaster. Im sure they will fix it but at the moment my money is locked in the index and i cant get it out.

• @NewUser384837 said in FI vs Footstock:

As it stands footstock seems to be on the up and going places. You can trade commission free and have the money back in your account instantly. Its a completely different product than the index though. You cant just jump on buy players and sit on them expecting them to go up like the index.

When you understand the market with around £500 you can easily make £200 a month in trading and tournaments. I missed out on getting on the index early, footstock feels like a chance to be an early adopter and get the insane ROI's we have seen early adopters of the index get.

Index has lost its shine at the moment, not being able to sell players is an absolute disaster. Im sure they will fix it but at the moment my money is locked in the index and i cant get it out.

I hope FI read some of these comparisons. I said a while back they could blow the competition out the water by sorting themselves out and doing a decent divs rise... They haven't done either and now we are seeing more traction with FS and Sorare.

I'm in regular direct contact with some Sorare and FS staff, I can ask something and get an answer within a day, I can give them feedback from traders using my site and they listen to it and respond, they are always keen for 'insights' on how to improve and one recently even asked me how to attract the traders from the other sites--so I sense they are both very switched on and hungry.

Perhaps FI do do all this too, I don't have a contact with them and seems they've cut their affiliate lines for now (not just with me... I think? ...) apparently they are improving it soon and will have affiliates again... I do know a few traders that do have direct contacts but the feedback is they don't really listen. Generally I get the opinion they currently still don't understand their own product so doubt they're looking into the others much at all.

The FI trader panel being back is great news, there needs to be more dialogue with traders.

• I shall be reporting any more posts made on this subject.

It's called the non freedom of speech bill passed 2020 by any members not in agreement with myself.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• @Westy buzzing Paul got on the panel and was nice enough to message me asking if there was anything I want raised. I wanted 2 things...

1. that they acknowledge and understand the damage they did by removing IS without any warning despite a history of comms about its brilliance and that it would only ever be temporarily removed

2. to test whether they understand their product/customers by putting them on the spot I. E. Do you know why short term traders aren't trading? What solution do you have in mind?

I forewarned that if they answer something like... "Well the div review feedback is poor we've had a look and can squeeze another 2p to star man and mb."
    That would indicate that they are clueless.. And should be critiqued in advance as to the damage that would do.

As in... Traders have been told there would be annual review... Not monthly... And this review gave power to keepers and since it 90% of trades have been into keepers. So if a month later they go and bang up mb and or star man.... It would anger all the customers who reacted accordingly and stacked on Gk.

Its the great debate isn't it... When they keep changing value do that they do it intentionally to drive commission... Or naively?

• @Coriolanus christ imagine the shit show if they add a penny or 2 to DEF, mid and fwd... It'd go against what they've said (but they do that a lot), it'd show they still don't understand how we'd react and would still do little to boost the market.

Think it'd need to be atleast 3/4p all round to devalue gks... Like you say if they devalue keepers all of a sudden too many will be angry.

• @Coriolanus said in FI vs Footstock:

@Westy buzzing Paul got on the panel and was nice enough to message me asking if there was anything I want raised. I wanted 2 things...

1. that they acknowledge and understand the damage they did by removing IS without any warning despite a history of comms about its brilliance and that it would only ever be temporarily removed

2. to test whether they understand their product/customers by putting them on the spot I. E. Do you know why short term traders aren't trading? What solution do you have in mind?

I forewarned that if they answer something like... "Well the div review feedback is poor we've had a look and can squeeze another 2p to star man and mb."
    That would indicate that they are clueless.. And should be critiqued in advance as to the damage that would do.

As in... Traders have been told there would be annual review... Not monthly... And this review gave power to keepers and since it 90% of trades have been into keepers. So if a month later they go and bang up mb and or star man.... It would anger all the customers who reacted accordingly and stacked on Gk.

Its the great debate isn't it... When they keep changing value do that they do it intentionally to drive commission... Or naively?

I’m sure they said dividends will be reviewed annually and depending on market growth.

• @King-Fergus absolutely.. So if they go against it and review it again in a month or two as a kneejerk reaction to complaints... It will screw over everyone who's bought keepers because of the current info available