Bundesliga decision delayed

• It’s not happening - even next month! It’s good to hear positive spins across the media, but when I hear (sky news this evening) that when the premier league starts, players will be made to wear face masks(?!?!) it seems super far fetched, to say the least. Has anyone ever run around 90 mins with their mouth an nose covered up?!? I walked around the supermarket the other day for 30 minutes in a face mask and was dizzy beyond my imagination! 😵 🥴 I can’t see any league resuming properly before September at this rate. 😢

Invest in MB players ASAP is my advice to all. Your PB holds will be gathering dust for quite a few months imo.

• @Sol there not talking about wearing a face mask whilst playing mate. It’s whilst walking around stadium etc. I think we will see footie and Portugal have announced they will be doing it so defo still hope

• @Sol 😂🤣😂🤣 love the idea of playing in face masks. Think you might have socially distanced yourself from the actual facts of the story there.

• @Jdog said in Bundesliga decision delayed:

@Sol there not talking about wearing a face mask whilst playing mate. It’s whilst walking around stadium etc. I think we will see footie and Portugal have announced they will be doing it so defo still hope

They never explicitly said it was only ‘whilst walking around the stadium’. Football is a contact sport and therefore we will not see a ‘kick off’ for many months sadly.

• @Sol the players aren't the issue as far as I understand it.. They'd all be tested... Its the circus that comes with it... Media, medics, security, coaches... And strong likelihood of fans gathering near the stadium etc.

• @Vespasian32 It’s a sad, sad time we live in at the moment 😢 want to play the song ‘things can only get better’...but then I’m reminded of that scum bag tony b-liar 😂

• @Sol said in Bundesliga decision delayed:

@Vespasian32 It’s a sad, sad time we live in at the moment 😢 want to play the song ‘things can only get better’...but then I’m reminded of that scum bag tony b-liar 😂

and of course Prof Brian Cox on keyboards

• 0_1588281111410_upload-2c503f64-bc93-4fbd-a245-946d9b8b5e2e

• Harry Kane modelling the new Spurs kit. 😂😂

0_1588281014161_614bk5LOb3L.SL1024.jpg

• @Dronny-Gaz brilliant! 🤣

• 3 Cologne players have tested positive for covid19 whilst at training ground. Been sent into isolation. Surely this shows that returning to training and starting the leagues up again is a mistake. It’s still to prevalent amongst the population. Is sport really more important than the a human life????

• @NewUser122021 finally someone with sense 👍 football will have to wait with the rest of the world, you don't see rugby, tennis, cricket, golf all saying we will be back in June so why does football think they have a divine right

• Fc cologne have confirmed 3 players confirmed positive but training will continue with them in quarantine.. 🤔 the plot thickens

• @NewUser122021 yes I’m bloody bored.

• If somebody working at B&Q is diagnosed with Coronavirus, will they be sent home for a week... or will all colleagues be sent home and the shop closed for two weeks... or will they close all B&Qs for a month?

Why is DIY and gardening better for our mental health than football? Why should everybody else be back at work in the next week or two but not footballers as well as anyone else employed in football?

In football, players will be properly quarantined, not like in real life where people under pressure from their bosses to work will have to make their own decision. Yes there’s contact but it’s hardly as though social distancing is being properly enforced in supermarkets as much as people would like to think it is.

If we’re going to shut leagues down every time somebody gets Coronavirus then let’s just cancel all of them, the Euros and WC then meet up again in 2024 and go from there... then cancel everything again when one person gets it!

Some Cologne players have got it two weeks before a possible restart. Great! Isolate them.

• @PaulM really?how insightful, you want them to start up again just for your entertainment,people working at the moment are doing it through necessity not choice, alot of players most likely don't want to put themselves or family at risk let alone the frontline staff that are needed e.g paramedics, doctors and police at each ground. You would have 300-400 people needed at prem grounds to run a game and that's skeleton crew

• @MUFC I know this is such an extreme example, but imagine if a footballer died due to catching Covid, just because football got rushed back, football already has such a bad name but imagine the scrutiny it would get 🤯

• @NewUser122021 Of course sport is not more important than a human life, but if the rest of the team are tested negative, why can't they train and play?

Germany has enough testing capacity every player couple of times per week and they are doing very well to keep everything in control.

0_1588369470772_upload-8175173a-e4e4-4c19-a084-41e1c6652621