Sancho vs Top 10

• Just been looking at the top 10 on the index and very interesting comparing Sancho against the rest.

At time of posting this Sancho is sitting at £13.50

Here are a select comparison with some of the top 10 and it's quite alarming how much more of a premium Sancho is.

Neymar -56.9%
    Mbappe. -51.1%
    Fernandes. -42.2%
    Pogba. -74.1%
    Haaland. -80.9%
    Kane. -91.7%
    Rashford. -95.9%

Staggering differences between top of listing and the rest.

So are we seeing a vastly overpriced Sancho and the rest looking value or is this about right?

• Banned

@Gazz127 Sancho holders are fucked is what I would say and he is only holding value due to no IS.

• @Gazz127 hard to say. Green eyed monster is just starting to creep in for me a bit seeing him in the top 2 so regularly. On current performance I have to say that he probably deserves to be well in front of the rest. It's probably the truest example of dividends driving the market that I've seen. Hes nailed on for top spot again today by the looks of it.

I compare it to last summer where I was lured in by Pogba who took top spot day after day after day. Ultimately I got burnt on that trade although hes made it up to me since. If I had a spare 5-6k I'd be sorely tempted to load up on him but at the same time I again see a parallel with Pogba last summer. Theres money gone into him for the media madness for sure, and hes justifying that money. But theres money in him for the move to Utd also.

Not at all convinced that move will happen, and if it doesnt, that gap will shorten pretty quickly because for me hes currently priced as if hes at Utd, posting big PB every week and reaping the benefit of that Utd media bias

• You've got to think he will dip at some point as I can't see him going to Man Utd this summer and also he can't be talked about forever. The next buzz is always just around the corner.

He could easily continue to rise though just because the Index seems to keep growing and he meets the criteria of what everyone wants and what everyone is looking for.

I'd much rather be buying Mbappe, Neymar or Harry Kane.

• Tell you what he's a fantastic dividend earner, I think he'll earn far more MB over this period than anyone else. I'd hold if I could afford to, not sure if he's worth his price though

• If he joins in the transfer window, and I believe he will, his price will drop as his dividends will drop. Obviously media will dry up, and either because of competition from Pogba, Bruno and Fred, or because he gets reclassified as a forward and competes with Rashford. My prediction is that happens, Rashford outscores him and their prices will change to reflect that. Alternatively, he stays at Dortmund, dips a little, then the hype train picks up again. Until then though, you can either enjoy the div's, or sell for £13.50 if your arse is twitching. I sold 100 at 9.20 thinking he'd peaked, another 50 at 13.43 the other day, and holding the other 350 for now as he is finally returning regular coin.

• @MrWh1te Tend to agree.

Saying that not that the rest of top 10 are that much under-priced but when you compare to Sancho then some of them do look value.

His price has a Utd move factored in so god help holders if this does not happen.

• Banned

@Gazz127
    I think if it doesnt happen that will help his price.

God help his price if he DOES move and it self-corrects to be inline with Rashford/Bruno/Pogba

• Based on current circumstances with mb he's probably where he should be. The lack of football and IS has created this unique situation. He's either due a big drop when things normalise or others catch him up. I think when footies on horizon things will go mad with further growth, he may drop a bit but others will look seriously underpriced and the top 10 will be £10+ players

• It must be nice logging in and every day and seeing some extra money every day, he's literally printing money and he will be until August atleast IMO

• The way Sancho is going, it wouldn’t surprise me if he hits £15 by the end of June. Is he worth it? Well, when you consider the growth of the index next season, he may be that price as standard. I will continue to hold my 300 for the next 3 months, that’s for certain. 👍🏼

• Don’t hold cus my port is pb for the return of BL (hopefully) so cant afford but he’s the most consistent dividend earner by far and with potential of little football for a long while he looks a safe hold until towards the beginning of next season. If I can find some funds in next few weeks I’ll probably get involved

• A players price is obviously driven by dividends. If a player delivers or promises significant dividends, their price will reflect that. Sancho seems expensive. Massively so. But with no football for 3+ months, the amount he could earn in MB dividends in that time could be obscene. It will be interesting to see how it plays out...
    It reminds me a bit of when Real Madrid buys a player like Ronaldo and Beckham. Both times they said Perez was insane to pay that much. Both times Perez had the last laugh, because he knew he would get that money back in shirt sales alone. 😏 Which he did, and some....
    Sancho is the same. Very expensive, but his earning potential over the next few months and years could make his price now seem like a bargain. I’ve recently jumped back on the Sancho band wagon for exactly that reason. It’s expensive now, but in a years time it will hopefully be a shrewd investment. 🤞🏻

• I'm the short term he is worth it but big prices are built on pb long term and I just don't see evidence of that as a forward or mid. Certainly not in the pl.

• @Tom77 alright he hasnt got many actual pb dividends to show for it but he has scored over 200 at least 6 times this season and has a top score of 316 so to say theres no evidence he could be good for pb is just not true. If he was a forward he would win more imo

• @Sol Really wish I'd had your foresight... and your budget haha

• Its such a tricky balance to strike. Right now he's the MB king, no doubt about that. My reservations are where his top is and timing an exit. We're told to not think of this as a share investment but as a bet, whilst that's true to a degree there is a cross over in the sense that a bet traditionally closes itself out at the end of a specified event. Theres no end point to a 'bet' on this platform until you can sell and therein lies the parallel with a stock investment.

At some point the natural top will be defined either by a confirmation if he does/doesnt move and where that is if he does move. At that point it'll be a race to sell unless he maintains his MB premium value or matures into a PB hold. With 2% commission on any sale, and that sale requiring another member to buy your shares or IS being available it could get messy.

Every summer is defined by the premium MB hold and he is it clearly. However as stated above there's no automatic end of bet trigger and until you can sell and realise your profit he's an expensive asset. Not sure where the sweet spot is between holding all your capital in him vs split across a Rashford, Odegaard, Foden or a Neymar, Pogba, Kane etc. Time will tell I guess!

• @EThomas9 said in Sancho vs Top 10:

@Tom77 alright he hasnt got many actual pb dividends to show for it but he has scored over 200 at least 6 times this season and has a top score of 316 so to say theres no evidence he could be good for pb is just not true. If he was a forward he would win more imo

his average is just 99. This isnt enough to warrant massive price tag when your competing against bruno in midfield.
    Also will that 99 average beat rashford or greenwood as a potential forward.
    The evidence thing is more a lean to being at Man Utd and the PL - very much harder than the Bundesliga.

• FOMO and boredom with an otherwise largely stagnant market probably driving his value up more than the prospect of dividends, as at that price he needs to win a lot of dividends to give any sort of decent ROI. Can see him easily dropping over £1 when football returns and/or the spreads lessen and don't see him winning another 20 days of dividends in that time to cover it. Makes him one of the riskiest holds at the moment; some will make a tidy profit but anyone buying now risks being on the wrong side of the deal and that's not a game I'm prepared to play right now.

• @Mintyfresh said in Sancho vs Top 10:

FOMO and boredom with an otherwise largely stagnant market probably driving his value up more than the prospect of dividends, as at that price he needs to win a lot of dividends to give any sort of decent ROI. Can see him easily dropping over £1 when football returns and/or the spreads lessen and don't see him winning another 20 days of dividends in that time to cover it. Makes him one of the riskiest holds at the moment; some will make a tidy profit but anyone buying now risks being on the wrong side of the deal and that's not a game I'm prepared to play right now.

He’s also pumped relentlessly on the figcast with panda.