Where do you see FI in 5 years time.....Interesting feedback.

• I seen a post on Facebook, really interesting one actually.

I saw someone post that FI could be sold to a Major bookie....

I couldn't see this happening because I think this is A. Coles 'Baby' and also he created this platform to differentiate from other so called gambling sites to make it stand out from the crowd, I also don't think its reached hardly any of its potential yet. It's nowhere near where it would need to be anyway in terms of other betting organisations to be interested in this until it naturally grows. Just my opinion....suppose they're like arseholes.....everyone has one!

Love to know your thoughts on this......also if you dont think it would be sold....

Where would you see the platform in 5 years time.....answers on a post card.

• I suppose the answer in that question is when the market gets opened up to new territories.There is more that can be done to the platform to attract new investors and to keep existing investors on board.Like i put in another post ( FI is still wearing its nappy and just learning to walk ).

• I think I heard somewhere that they are building the business up to sell it down the line. That would be my guess that they want it to hit saturation and then sell it at that point.

Adam Cole has loads of ideas of doing it for other sports and even celebrities.

• @osmanlao

‘FI is still wearing its nappy and just learning to walk’

True... FI brings joy and smiles into our lives, but also soils itself once in a while also! 😂

• @Sol spot on mate. They just landed a big steaming one on me this morning!

• @LittleFish FI or your own little ‘un???

• I wouldn't be surprised if Cole sold up at some point. There are so many businesses who professed their independence, only to sell out when big money came in.

Why wouldn't big bookies look at FI when it's doing so well in this non sport period? If the moneys right, I can see him selling.

• @Sol due diligence! Again! But only when you take money out. Again!

• @kristiang85 yeah i think he will sell FI or agrees a partnership with another book maker but i think he will limit the sale to FI not the entire business as i think when he sell it will be to allow the creation of a new index in a different sport

• They could go public and award shares to current customers in line with their current investment. That would give you your Customer loyalty. Think what happened to prices in the lead up to the share split....and during your average bonus period.....imagine what would happen in the lead up to a share offering based on the value of your current portfolio.😀

• @Tom7471 if this is true I think the only other sport big enough to do it would be American football

• @Le-Blanc said in Where do you see FI in 5 years time.....Interesting feedback.:

They could go public and award shares to current customers in line with their current investment. That would give you your Customer loyalty. Think what happened to prices in the lead up to the share split....and during your average bonus period.....imagine what would happen in the lead up to a share offering based on the value of your current portfolio.😀

Great idea.

• @Lloyddavies cricket is big enough, seasonal though.

Think any of the 'Merican sports is big enough and have enough 'stats' that can be used come game day.

• @Millerman

If there was a Cricket Index then I’m in. Leagues are played constantly throughout the world. There is no gap. If people in India could play it would go berserk!

• @Le-Blanc said in Where do you see FI in 5 years time.....Interesting feedback.:

They could go public and award shares to current customers in line with their current investment.

Unfortunately they already are; launched on Seedrs a couple of years ago, so I doubt current shareholders would allow such dilution but nice idea!

They raised some money at £25/share initially & another round last year at £117/share but have recently had an approach to invest (presumably by an investment or private equity house) at a "significant higher level" so I guess this may be the most likely exit route but can see them holding out for a couple of years more, as there's plenty of growth phase to go yet IMHO. Net users & traders net buys both doubled last year, so now over 120k active accounts from memory.

• @Lloyddavies they were talking about doing it for cricket and golf from my memory but I think American football would be class.

• @Tom7471 not big American football guy myself but I think it would work , maybe baseball also , personally I’d love a ufc/boxing index

• @Lloyddavies boxing would be awesome. Would really fancy doing ok at that.

• I'd probably get involved in a cricket index but think anything like that is probably years away.

As for being taken over by a major bookie, I would immediately list the lot and be gone. Yes FI are a shambles in some respects but fuck the bookies.

The public floating and shares awarded in line with port value is very interesting but I haven't the business acumen to comment any further

• I said this on here before under a different post but American Football definitely wouldnt work.

Pittsburgh Steelers about 3 or 4 seasons ago lost 6 players to injury in the opening match, 3 of them for the whole season. Some of them beat their families and get lifetime bans. Some of them shoot themselves or others.

People look at it and say "they wear all that padding its not so bad"

Larry Allen could bench press 800lbs and run 50 metres in just over 5 seconds. They are genetic freaks who are also roided up to the max.

Tennis i think could work well though. Or if an American sport then baseball or basketball.