Share split

• Just out of curiosity when the last share split happened was was the reaction to the higher priced shares. Were people buying more of them knowing they’d end up with x3 more or did it have the opposite effect

• Banned

@Magpie9
    People bought them at very high prices, hoping to then drop them onto noobs at lower prices after the split

• Should imagine better dividends before another split ... need player of the month dividends ... total all player buzz for month and give 10p a share

• @D.R.Allenballs
    They’ll be at least two share splits in the next 5 years especially if FI want to extend into new markets.

• Do FI announcement a share split before hand and would buying the higher priced players just before be a good tactic knowing for eg Sancho will go from £24 down to £8 and likely to rise again. And will they always split them three fold

• @Magpie9 said in Share split:
    Do FI announcement a share split before hand --YES

and would buying the higher priced players just before be a good tactic knowing for eg Sancho will go from £24 down to £8 - YES

and likely to rise again. And will they always split them three fold - No, -the first time they did it, i think it was 4

Anyhoo... i dont think there will be another share split, when you consider that prior to the share split last year it took 100 to move a share it now takes up to 900 to move a share , it would take 6300 post share split.

Someone cleverer than me will be able to explain the formula behind this i suspect.

the more likely scenario will be the facility to buy fractions of shares

• @King-Fergus when that happens I'll dig this comment up & congratulate you. That's not going to happen

• I also dont think there will ever be another share split. Theres too many other things they can do. They can increase dividends, introduce new win mechanics or even offer fractions of shares. Another share split means a fraction of the dividends for new sign ups and a huge amount of shares to move prices.

I personally think the share split did more to benefit existing traders when the aim of it was meant to be to make prices look more favourable to new sign ups but in reality it made the dividends look more unfavourable.

I personally feel we are still trying to catch up with the growth the last share split caused to an extent

• I thought they did it to make the higher shares more affordable. If sancho goes up above £25 there’s going to be less interest in him because a lot of traders won’t be able to afford him. Or they are only going to be buying in small numbers which I’ve got no interest in owning 10/20 shares in a player

• @Magpie9 yeah they do but the dividends also get split so even though players get cheaper he rewards go down so the incentive to sign up also goes down, cap app also reduces. To make it easy if they split the shares by 2 then the top PB win would be 4p plus 4p for star man and the shares to move a player 1p would go from 900 to 3600 and thats only a split of 2. A split of 3 would take 8100 and a split of 4 would see it take 14400 shares for a 1p movement.

If the rewards are low no one would take interest and if cap app is reduced people get bored. Many thought Neymar would jump straight back up to £24 after the split and it would be easy money but actually most of the growth happened before the split meaning the share split so the ones who benefited most were old traders rather than the new

• @Black-wolf
    Neymar maybe not but Sancho is approx £40 pre split?

• IMO if they open to new markets and want the accelerated growth globally share splits will happen in next 5 years.
    Some of us may have been around for a 2-3 years now but the product is still at infancy stage if you consider the potential market growth on offer.

Not sure but havent we had 2 in the last 5 years ??

• @King-Fergus yeah but they wont do a share split because one player is currently overpriced.

• @Black-wolf
    Bruno approaching 30 quid !
    Foden is approx 16 and can’t get a game .
    That’s what I think anyway.

• @Black-wolf I think theirs alot of post traders who are under the impression that if 1 player is silly money it must mean a split. People are forgetting neymar is pretty much the same money now he was pre split as he was £24. There needs to be a heavy amount of Investing and alot more than 1 or 2 players hitting near the £20 Mark to even consider a split.

• So it might make sense if a split is possible and FI are looking to branch out into another country ie Germany they do the split first so when the new traders enter the market, creating more volume you’ll still get prices going up?